PDA

View Full Version : Social Space

SoraRaynor250
01-26-2017, 03:42 AM
I know that the beta doesn't start until Thursday and the fact that this game is supposed to resemble Dynasty Warriors is worth to note. But I think it would be nice if For Honor has some sort of social space for players to get together, meet up in between battles, and make plans for the new "Faction War. I would assume, based on the trailer, it would be a more expansive campaign outside of Singleplayer mode for global conquest)". Take Destiny(as much as people would love to smash at): The Tower/Reef/Iron Temple social spaces are there to form fireteams to do raids and complete missions/games. In Ubisoft's case: Assassin's Creed Black Flag's Great Iguana, Assassin's Creed Syndicate's train, or the Division's Base of Op.

Say if For Honor's social space for each faction(Tenshu[Samurai]/Castle[Knights]/Warrior Holds[Vikings]) be places for people to pair up for games. Not only that, it could be a place to learn new skills, earn new weapons, armors, and feats to improve the character. It could also introduce the same building mechanics the Division has to grow, expand, and fortify the social space if the Faction Wars will show castle assaults to gain territory other than winning matches.

However, I do not expect it to be implemented. If it's the case of expansion, then it would mean grinding in matches to earn in-game currency. The Division and Destiny had already flopped in the case of RNG and resource grinding. But who knows, maybe if this suggestion is taken into consideration, the grind won't be too bad or people could take it for expansion and style points on strongholds/social spaces.

Trebla-08
01-26-2017, 04:00 AM
Great Idea! this would definitely create a better social community for the game and a chance to show off your favourite heroes.

SoraRaynor250
01-26-2017, 05:52 AM
Great Idea! this would definitely create a better social community for the game and a chance to show off your favourite heroes.

And in my personal experience, it at least gives players something to do rather than complete the campaign, play some multiplayer games, and that's it.
Also, it would also add the more exciting and intensive factor in Faction Wars. If it were determined by multiplayer game wins, it'll be too easy(Mercy rule for one thing).

SoraRaynor250
01-27-2017, 03:37 AM
I'd like to also add in that the social spaces(if in the game's story) could have NPCs that the player could interact with. He/she could chat with them about the events going on all over the world (IE: Vikings warring clans ceasefire, rumor plans of Apollyon).