PDA

View Full Version : samoura´'s katana wrong position :mad:

Naviral
01-25-2017, 06:45 PM
The samurais hold their katana the blade downward, except the samurais held the blade upward when they took out their sabres, they turned their Foureau so that we do not know in which sense the blade goes out.
It details is very disturbing. Thank you the developers to have been interested a minimum in the way fights a samurai.

ex:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/f7/de/bc/f7debc4b5d201e2954b48a948870951e.jpg

Shaderbawll
01-25-2017, 07:10 PM
http://i.imgur.com/BJFA2XJ.png

Just trying to end an argument before it can start.

After Sengoku Jidai, the great and last big internal war japan had, the country was stabilized and a period of relative peace entered. Because of lack of open warfare Samurai stopped wearing heavy armor and used kimono instead. While before their swords were connected with them by a cord attached to the waist, they now put it into the sash of their robe, which was in a much higher position than before.

To allow safe and fast drawing, they turned the sheath around.

In the end it depends on if you fight in a kimono or in full body armor.

Edit: Actually its better to say: It depends on the way you dress and the height on which your sheath is positioned.
Sorry for bad english, non native speaker here.

Shaderbawll
01-25-2017, 07:34 PM
I think its correct, just judging by the way he is dressed. Basically as long as your sheath is held at your waist you should have it upside-down, but if its next your (the thing you sit on) you should have it face-up. In that picture the armored samurai has it through some kind of belt at his waist, so the way he dresses would be correct I guess.

He would be some kind of anomaly walking around like that in Sengoku Jidai though, I think. At best an innovator, but he is definitely not representing your average samurai.

Eirmund
01-25-2017, 09:31 PM
Well, the simplest explanation is that the Orochi don't sheath their sword...they just hold in in their hand in a reverse grip. Having the blade up would be impractical.

iHunny
01-25-2017, 10:01 PM
Well, the simplest explanation is that the Orochi don't sheath their sword...they just hold in in their hand in a reverse grip. Having the blade up would be impractical.

This