PDA

View Full Version : Fuel management on Automix Aircrafts.

ColoradoBBQ
04-23-2004, 04:38 PM
HOw does the fuel mixture get adjusted to cruise level on planes without mixture control? Is it the throttle, prop pitch, or do I have to reduce them both to the desired level?

ColoradoBBQ
04-23-2004, 04:38 PM
HOw does the fuel mixture get adjusted to cruise level on planes without mixture control? Is it the throttle, prop pitch, or do I have to reduce them both to the desired level?

LeadSpitter_
04-23-2004, 05:18 PM
its doesnt thats why under 3000m performance is so horable without rich mix.

If you remember back oleg stated that 120mix equaled 10% extra trottle 110 rich mix = 120 trottle below 3000m

war power and additional 10% trottle for certain aircraft

now for most us aircraft water injector engauges at 100 trottle

full rich mix should increase the manifold pressure and rmps.

If you notice in all us aircraft they do not pass 3000rpms so they are stuck in some econo mode

I dont know why the p40s have auto superchargers and no rich mix either they were manual on the E and M model 109es as well had rich mixture control.

rich mix was takin away from the hurricane as well and spitfire but the ruskies have rich mix still. It doesnt make sence to me and it definatly is hindering performance at low alt.

Thats why some of the aircrafts accelaration are above the charts and the early lagg3 is out running the p40s

I would also like to see manual prop pitch in 109s closer to auto right now in manual the 109s bf110s. right now manual has a 60-80kmph advantage, i think there definatly should be an advantage in manual but 20-30kmph faster then auto produces.

I also sent the p40e p39 p51d p47 pilot manual to the beta1c address that I purchased on zenoswarbirds site and they show that the aircraft had rich mix and show the rpms rich mix should produce. Its been months and i have never gotten a response back

http://img14.photobucket.com/albums/v43/leadspitter/newsig.jpg