PDA

View Full Version : Something is afoot at Ubisoft Montreal! (Speculation)

Sorrosyss
01-25-2017, 03:01 AM
For those unaware, this week several well known AC community members and content creators have been invited from around the world to meet with the Assassin's Creed development team.

But what is it all for? Let the speculation begin!

Are they getting to see or play the next game? A sign perhaps of an information reveal.

Will they be conducting interviews with Grace for the next episode of The Codex?

Will Darby wow them with his perfectly written recipe for poutine?

And finally, will one of them find the bravery to serve pineapple pizza to Escoblades?

Stay tuned. :p

Update: Few of the attendees on Twitter.

The great Turul, moderator of the AC Reddit.
ACunivers, a superb producer of fine AC tribute videos.
Sary from Access The Animus, the legendary AC fan community and news provider.

http://i.imgur.com/SwdskGV.png

sebastianmk
01-25-2017, 06:19 AM
For those unaware, this week several well known AC community members and content creators have been invited from around the world to meet with the Assassin's Creed development team.

But what is it all for? Let the speculation begin!

Are they getting to see or play the next game? A sign perhaps of an information reveal.

Will they be conducting interviews with Grace for the next episode of The Codex?

Will Darby wow them with his perfectly written recipe for poutine?

And finally, will one of them find the bravery to serve pineapple pizza to Escoblades?

Stay tuned. :p

Well, if the coming weeks Ubi Montreal shows to the press and community members the next AC, that means the next game will be announced in March/April... and everyone who saw it at that point will began to talk their impresions about the game form that visit... and around next E3 they will have a demo that all of us can see...

ERICATHERINE
01-25-2017, 09:25 AM
Well, we are in a time of the year where leaks about ac can happen, after all. So, it wouldn't surprise me if something gets revealed. We'll just have to wait and see. ^-^

RVSage
01-25-2017, 02:30 PM
Wowwwww really? Anyone from the forums invited??? Hypeeee

crusader_prophet
01-25-2017, 05:02 PM
If they are only asking hardcore fans for feedback on next game, it's going to end up like the movie. It's very narrow minded approach and will lead to skewed feedback/feedforward. It will only please them. And eventually the series will die.

RVSage
01-25-2017, 05:54 PM
If they are only asking hardcore fans for feedback on next game, it's going to end up like the movie. It's very narrow minded approach and will lead to skewed feedback/feedforward. It will only please them. And eventually the series will die.

I feel the main reason the last two games failed, was it disappointed hardcore fans, many casuals loved Syndicate atleast

crusader_prophet
01-25-2017, 07:37 PM
I feel the main reason the last two games failed, was it disappointed hardcore fans, many casuals loved Syndicate atleast

I'm a pretty casual fan. Never read any transmedia stuff. Just played the games and I've been pretty disappointed in the last two games.

My point is narrowing feedback sample population to just the hardcore fans is a pretty narrow minded approach. They should open up their feedback requests to a diverse population sample including hardcore fans. And then calibrate the responses within their team.

dex3108
01-25-2017, 07:59 PM
We only need picture of those famous stairs at Ubi Montreal with portrait of the next protagonist at the bottom.

FeakFrost
01-25-2017, 10:44 PM
Seeing how Black Flag team come together in this is pretty much confirms that they're working on the next AC

Sorrosyss
01-26-2017, 12:41 AM
Updated with a few tweets as I was being asked for proof. :p

Lysette88
01-26-2017, 03:50 AM
I'm a pretty casual fan. Never read any transmedia stuff. Just played the games and I've been pretty disappointed in the last two games.

My point is narrowing feedback sample population to just the hardcore fans is a pretty narrow minded approach. They should open up their feedback requests to a diverse population sample including hardcore fans. And then calibrate the responses within their team.

I actually like Syndicate over all the others, because it allows for free gameplay after Evie and Jacob reached London. I am not forced to progress in the storyline just to get skill points - this is a big problem with Unity for example, where one is forced to progress in the story to earn new skills - other activities give money and gear, but not new skills. Not everybody wants to follow a storyline and especially not being pushed to progress. I am not a fan of games, which take me by the hand and push me into a certain direction - so I hope for that Ubisoft meant this when they said they will not focus that much on storyline anymore and provide more free gameplay - I am in favor of it - and Syndicate is already much like I would want AC games of the future to be like - I love Syndicate.

crusader_prophet
01-26-2017, 04:13 AM
I actually like Syndicate over all the others, because it allows for free gameplay after Evie and Jacob reached London. I am not forced to progress in the storyline just to get skill points - this is a big problem with Unity for example, where one is forced to progress in the story to earn new skills - other activities give money and gear, but not new skills. Not everybody wants to follow a storyline and especially not being pushed to progress. I am not a fan of games, which take me by the hand and push me into a certain direction - so I hope for that Ubisoft meant this when they said they will not focus that much on storyline anymore and provide more free gameplay - I am in favor of it - and Syndicate is already much like I would want AC games of the future to be like - I love Syndicate.

I actually hated Syndicate for the worst story and narrative, it didn't even have the graphics of Unity. I hate an open world filled with pointless anecdotal events and asks the player to go on clearing a laundry list of Burroughs, outposts, collectibles with no clear objective, narrative and character development. I want an open world that has character of its own filled with lore, mysteries and characters to remember but not a linear plot line like Uncharted, TLOU esque games. An open world with a sense of vastness but still manages to envelop the player in a bubble of fantasy of the game. I play games like AC for storylines and narrative and unforgettable characters like Ezio, Altair, Yusuf, DaVinci, Claudia, AlMualim etc. I can't remember anyone from Syndicate except the queen and the two leads. If I want to play mindless activities, I will go play solitaire or call of duty or battlefield.

sebastianmk
01-26-2017, 06:39 AM
the community members that took a flight to Montreal to see the guys from the team at Ubi Montreal, went there to see the game from the team that made Black Flag, because they met Darby Mcdevitt and Ashraf AIsmail[/B] (Game Director) from AC4, as we can see:

Ashraf AIsmail (Game Director) from AC4 :

https://twitter.com/AshrafAIsmail/status/824040508540469249

Darby Mcdevitt :

https://twitter.com/DarbyMcDevitt/status/823655168738635776

Another community member invited :

https://twitter.com/s_riddling/status/824048426895757313

I guess The next AC from the Black Flag team is coming

Fatal-Feit
01-26-2017, 10:51 AM
I actually hated Syndicate for the worst story and narrative, it didn't even have the graphics of Unity. I hate an open world filled with pointless anecdotal events and asks the player to go on clearing a laundry list of Burroughs, outposts, collectibles with no clear objective, narrative and character development. I want an open world that has character of its own filled with lore, mysteries and characters to remember but not a linear plot line like Uncharted, TLOU esque games. An open world with a sense of vastness but still manages to envelop the player in a bubble of fantasy of the game. I play games like AC for storylines and narrative and unforgettable characters like Ezio, Altair, Yusuf, DaVinci, Claudia, AlMualim etc. I can't remember anyone from Syndicate except the queen and the two leads. If I want to play mindless activities, I will go play solitaire or call of duty or battlefield.

While I believe the open world of Unity and Syndicate aren't completely full of mindless activities, I do feel like open worlds in recent time, not just AC, have completely missed what being an open world game is about.

They promise complete freedom with endless opportunities, but these features are only as enjoyable as the content of the open world themselves. It says a lot when the main story of the game supposedly delivers more thrilling content than the side activities, which have been large in scale, but ultimately shallow, predictable and repetitive.

I recently tried to get into Sunset Overdrive, as it's apparently one of the best X1 exclusive, and I put the controller down and removed the game from the disk tray about 2 hours into the game because it was a complete déjà vu moment. A fairly large open world game with an interesting core gameplay concept that's really fun and enjoyable, but the overall experience is boggled down by samey, repetitive side quests and a heck ton of collectible-like content scattered throughout.

Developers need to strive to make their open world as interesting as the more linear games throughout its entirely to keep our interests, instead of building a world and then creating a checklist. Black Flag is an excellent game, but I always said that the The Wind Waker is an infinitely better "pirate" game that I can pick up and play again without being bored. And that's because it never failed to lose my interest. There is always an ACTUAL sense of wonder and mystery. Its world was open with a heck ton of activities, but exploring it never once felt like a chore. Every side quest is different, is creative, new areas are distinct and offers a new gameplay style and approach, every new upgrade/weapon offers more than a stat bar or skin and discoveries actually felt like GENUINE discoveries because they aren't just boxes to check off a map--you could be sailing and then happen to discover an entire new area//NPC/upgrade/etc. Ubisoft should strive for originality and creativity in every crack and cranny of their open world games instead of building a system and finding ways to make it mundane for about 60 hours. WD2 is sort of on the right track, as they got more inventive and tried to keep each side activity feeling fresh, but Ubisoft seemed to couldn't help themselves and still littered its world with repetitive side activities that overstayed their welcome. I mean, I like taking selfies, but doing it at every landmark is boring. Messing with people in banks and cool (and totally out of character), but do I really have to do it at EVERY bank in SF? These are things that keep gamers from wanting to boot up the game and 100% it again.

RVSage
01-26-2017, 07:31 PM
Ubisoft investor meeting on Feb 9th, and this??? I guess we can expect an announcement next week. AC is likely to boost investor confidence, considering they have to deal with Vivendi

SixKeys
01-28-2017, 01:46 AM
http://i.imgur.com/r6ZwP2Z.gif

crusader_prophet
01-28-2017, 02:15 AM
Wait do you know something that we don't?

Sorrosyss
01-28-2017, 11:31 AM
SixKeys does. She attended I believe. ;)

ze_topazio
01-28-2017, 02:06 PM
Not long ago I would be envious, these days I feel so apatetic towards this series I don't really feel anything.

UnknownGamer1994
01-28-2017, 04:33 PM

Tell us what you know, NOW! :O

DisCrafted
01-28-2017, 04:43 PM
Tell us what you know, NOW! :O
Unfortunately NDA is a thing. But seriously we might not have to wait that long for a reveal? That would be great. I hope we see a reveal next week or something. RV also mentioned that Ubi has an investor meeting on Feb 9th.

ArmanYeghoyan
01-28-2017, 07:46 PM
Its awesome guys !!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=937WRxbNp0Q

ERICATHERINE
01-28-2017, 09:21 PM
Its awesome guys !!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=937WRxbNp0Q

I admit it's well made, but like the creator of the video wrote in the description, it is fan made and so, is clearly not an ac empire music.

So, yea, just fan made. ^-^

Sushiglutton
01-28-2017, 09:44 PM
Oh ho-ho-ho, soon then? Time to start monitoring all laptops on flights leaving Montreal. Well I'm excited :D!

SixKeys does. She attended I believe. ;)

Quick, get her to the AC-fan torture chamber!

m4r-k7
01-28-2017, 11:42 PM
Woohooo, now its kinda confirmed that the next AC game is being made by the Black Flag team!

Can't wait for a reveal, I miss the AC hype

crusader_prophet
01-29-2017, 02:42 AM
Woohooo, now its kinda confirmed that the next AC game is being made by the Black Flag team!

Can't wait for a reveal, I miss the AC hype

Look at us addicts salivating over the internet. *slurp*

ze_topazio
01-29-2017, 04:09 AM
It was already rumor, now is still a rumor although a stronger one, it's good to see back the only director after Patrice who understands this franchise and what it needs to be fun and good and actually move out of this stagnation, I think Amancio also understood it but he wasn't very lucky being given two chances but both chances were incredibly ungrateful, first turning a 3DS game in to full game in just 8 months and then taking over Unity halfway through its development when the game had already went through two versions.

While I think Darby writing can be a bit corny and overdramatic at times he's also the only one left who also understands this franchise, actually understand and cares about its storyline and lore and can make stories that are actually interesting.

The only way this could be better is if the art team that worked on both Revelations and Black Flag also returns, those guys can make the games really beautiful.

And this could truly be perfect if Jesper Kyd would make a return but I think that one is very unlikely.

RVSage
01-29-2017, 04:46 AM

That tease though, Breath of the wild hype is keeping this one at bay

dex3108
01-29-2017, 09:00 AM
Well Ubi will need to push new AC game really hard if they want to see good sale numbers. RDR2 is this holiday season game too so it will be hard. As you can see I am on this forum for a long time and years ago this kind of thread would probably be on page 10+ by now. General interest for AC games is at all time low in my opinion. So they need to start with a bang.

ArmanYeghoyan
01-29-2017, 09:47 AM
I admit it's well made, but like the creator of the video wrote in the description, it is fan made and so, is clearly not an ac empire music.

So, yea, just fan made. ^-^

Yes, but it done very well.It helps me to fantasize about Empire main menu:rolleyes::o

ERICATHERINE
01-29-2017, 10:11 PM
Hey guys, someone filmed a dev meeting. XD:p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywl2Nu1XyMw

UnknownGamer1994
01-29-2017, 11:40 PM
When does the Ubisoft Montreal meeting will happen? and I heard there is another meeting? Can anybody summarize what is going on and if we're going to get an announcement soon regarding the new Assassin's Creed: Empire?

crusader_prophet
01-30-2017, 03:27 AM
When does the Ubisoft Montreal meeting will happen? and I heard there is another meeting? Can anybody summarize what is going on and if we're going to get an announcement soon regarding the new Assassin's Creed: Empire?

That is not going to happen because these visits usually occur under Non-Disclosure Agreement. They aren't allowed to talk about it. We will have to wait until official announcement.

Sorrosyss
01-30-2017, 09:13 AM

If you are referring to the next investor's call, it is on the 9th February I believe. AC will no doubt get brought up.

ERICATHERINE
01-30-2017, 08:45 PM
If you are referring to the next investor's call, it is on the 9th February I believe. AC will no doubt get brought up.

Hey Sorrosyss, just 5 more comments and you'll have wrote your 1000th. Do you want to say a word about it? ^-^

Sorrosyss
01-30-2017, 10:06 PM
Oh, not really. Do I level up? :p

Besides, one must strive for quality not quantity. Thats my excuse anyhoo.

SixKeys
01-31-2017, 12:37 AM
So, a little clarification:

About 10 people, myself included, were invited to Ubisoft's Montreal studio. The purpose of the trip was to meet with the Community team and discuss with them how they can better support the AC community on various platforms (Twitter, Reddit, forums, cosplayers etc.). They specifically asked us if we feel there is room for improvement in communication between Ubisoft and the fans and our suggestions on how to address any problems. The issue of communication has been a topic among forumers for a long time, so I was happy to see the team committed to this, and did my best to pass on the concerns I've read here from time to time.

That's all I can share for now. Stay tuned for more Soon™. ;)

crusader_prophet
01-31-2017, 01:29 AM

About 10 people, myself included, were invited to Ubisoft's Montreal studio. The purpose of the trip was to meet with the Community team and discuss with them how they can better support the AC community on various platforms (Twitter, Reddit, forums, cosplayers etc.). They specifically asked us if we feel there is room for improvement in communication between Ubisoft and the fans and our suggestions on how to address any problems. The issue of communication has been a topic among forumers for a long time, so I was happy to see the team committed to this, and did my best to pass on the concerns I've read here from time to time.

Thank you for being the voice of the community. I personally couldn't ask for a better representative for my concerns and feedback to be conveyed to the team.

UnknownGamer1994
01-31-2017, 02:20 AM
Hoping that soon will be soon enough, CAN'T WAIT! :rolleyes:

dex3108
01-31-2017, 07:26 AM
They never had an issue with communication on social media. In my opinion main issue now they have is story that was "paused" in games and that is now spread across multiple media. Axing free AC Initiates in favor of paid comics and books kinda was start of community "destruction". Not to mention that they will finish big story ark in comic. They now have same issue that Multiplayer games with paid maps have, it is hard to find person who has them all so you can play with them (in AC case talk about it).

Few years ago it was great to be part of this forum. Every tease was discussed deeply because everybody was on the same level (everybody played previous game). These days already slim story was spread so wide that only few people who bought every book and comic know the story so far. That is why only few people from those old days are still here.

This next AC game will be make it or break it for the franchise.

DisCrafted
01-31-2017, 01:06 PM
So... You DO know stuff, Don't you? :rolleyes: Hoping soon isn't 2 months or something like that...

Sorrosyss
01-31-2017, 01:52 PM

Thanks for sharing SixKeys. I recall there was that thread awhile back on communication, and I think a lot of the forum issues still remain. Namely using the ill fated AC Council for news, and the inevitable split that caused to the community in an official capacity. It's a great shame to see this forum so quiet now, especially with so many fans all over the likes of Reddit and social media. Mind you the spam we've been getting on occasion can't have helped either.

Thank you for being the voice of the community. I personally couldn't ask for a better representative for my concerns and feedback to be conveyed to the team.

QFT, and fully agreed. :)

ERICATHERINE
01-31-2017, 08:38 PM
Well, too bad about the fact that it's not about ac empire, but at least they want our opinion and I'm happy they choosed SixKeys since I really don't see a better person on this forum to do it, even if I count myself. (truth is my biggest fear is about talking with big companies, may it be on the phone or in person, with a machine of with a real person) ^-^

SixKeys
01-31-2017, 09:01 PM
Thank you for the vote of confidence, guys, it means a lot. :)

ERICATHERINE
02-01-2017, 06:41 AM
Thank you for the vote of confidence, guys, it means a lot. :)

^-^

RVSage
02-01-2017, 07:21 AM
I will also glady say, SixKeys, is one of the best people to give feedback, right mix of appreciation and being critical. Here is hoping we hear about the new game soon

Shahkulu101
02-03-2017, 10:21 PM
A year off and my appetite for a new AC game is well and truly back, if it's really the Black Flag team returning I have confidence the game is going to be great. I stopped being passionate about the series years ago, all I want is a good game, but if I can actually fall back in love with the series again that would be amazing.

RVSage
02-09-2017, 06:23 PM
Looks like Soon™. is E3™

The hype train has halted (atleast mine)

Makes sense since For Honor and Ghost Recon are spotlight products as of now, perhaps post Ghost Recon Launch , we may hear something

TheHumanTowel
02-09-2017, 10:14 PM
I was also invited due to my status as the most respected poster here. I suggested they make the next game a mobile exclusive and they agreed with me and cancelled production on consoles and PC. Sorry guys.