PDA

View Full Version : Mood effects For Honor

Haemmerst0rm
01-24-2017, 08:57 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbaqyJBoIlo&t=140s

To be honest, these mood effects are so so so bad. I hope that Ubisoft has implement an option for the players to not see these effects that are caused by the enemy team. Remember: this is For Honor, not Dark Souls 3.....

What's your opinion guys? This is really immersion breaking and imo they should change it or at least: delete it entirely!

Orisoll
01-24-2017, 09:05 PM
Yuck. That's my opinion.

Haemmerst0rm
01-24-2017, 09:24 PM
Also Ubisoft, consider these complaints on reddit also please: https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/5pw1ls/execution_mood_effects_compilation/

Umngyr
01-24-2017, 09:25 PM
I have never seen any of these mood effects in the gameplay videos untill this one. Chances are it's either an upgrade you can buy for your execution, or it's something you can turn off in graphics settings. sides, it's not like they're horribly disruptive to gameplay flow or obscuring the whole screen.

iHunny
01-24-2017, 09:25 PM
First time seeing those effects, never seen them ingame while playing. Nor is these effects in any of the Hero trailers executions.

if its real its horrible.

Fermit_the.Krog
01-24-2017, 09:53 PM
Would prefer different execution styles than different pokemon effects. Lol

buff_Nobushi
01-24-2017, 09:58 PM
Are you all sure that ain't just a joke?
275 views or whatever, extremly poor made, I highly doubt that Ubisoft is responsible for that.
And from where should that footage be? The close beta that didn't start yet?
The closed alpha dozens of people streamed and recorded?
The both technical test that were under NDA?

buff_Nobushi
01-24-2017, 09:59 PM
Well, but if it is, I'm gonna cry a little.

ZitronenBaumGER
01-24-2017, 10:08 PM
It is from the Beta. You can watch these Videos in the game files.

iHunny
01-24-2017, 10:15 PM
It is from the Beta. You can watch these Videos in the game files.

Yes, yes they are... I hope I can turn them off so I do not see them even if a oponent is using them.

SournoisFox
01-24-2017, 10:24 PM
As stupid as it sounds, I like the concept of these mood effects.

HOWEVER, they are too bloody extreme. They need to be toned waaaaayyyy down, and maybe even remove some of them (especially the black smokey one).

Adding an option to turn these off client-side would be the right thing for Ubisoft to do as well.

Avlaen
01-24-2017, 11:02 PM
I agree with you, I was interested in the smoke effect because the (admittedly small) picture made it look like a more subtle thing: this is way over the top, it's for little children that gets exited with explosions and flashy effects.
yeah the smoke effect picture made it look like it was just a small trail around your character, a nice but small effect, most of these are over the top.

Pope138
01-24-2017, 11:17 PM
Ugh. This reminds me of those stupid "armor effects' in Halo: Reach.
I think they look absolutely horrible. I know this game isn't realistic and that by it's very nature isn't "immersive," but I don't need to be reminded that I'm playing a video game by extraneous cliched tropes that went out of fashion a while ago.

In a perfect world Ubi would read all the backlash and completely remove these...mood effects (even the name is lame). But if it's part of a pre-order bundle or special edition bonus and has to stay in, hopefully they'll have the good sense to tone it down quite a bit. Less is more, Ubi.

But if it stays then they absolutely MUST give us the option to disable the visuals. Sure, I don't have to use mood effects, but please don't make me look at others use them.

Haemmerst0rm
01-24-2017, 11:31 PM
Ugh. This reminds me of those stupid "armor effects' in Halo: Reach.
I think they look absolutely horrible. I know this game isn't realistic and that by it's very nature isn't "immersive," but I don't need to be reminded that I'm playing a video game by extraneous cliched tropes that went out of fashion a while ago.

In a perfect world Ubi would read all the backlash and completely remove these...mood effects (even the name is lame). But if it's part of a pre-order bundle or special edition bonus and has to stay in, hopefully they'll have the good sense to tone it down quite a bit. Less is more, Ubi.

But if it stays then they absolutely MUST give us the option to disable the visuals. Sure, I don't have to use mood effects, but please don't make me look at others use them.

They better remove it and replace it by something else to fill in the extra pre-order bonus. A bit more blood gore could be an option. Or a free armor outfit for every hero. If there is no replacement, then they have to remove it totally. I repeat: For Honor IS NOT Dark Souls 3....

I've been looking for this game since the E3 trailer and i pre-ordered the game with pleasure! But please, they have to keep it realistic: no magic, no big mood effects etc....

xLeapingLizardx
01-25-2017, 12:22 AM
woah O_O
Those are definitely waaay over the top!
Some are not too bad, such as one with the Kensei with the subtle petals around him or the wind burst.
But I could easily do without these! The black smoke and the random big ray of light are probably the worse ones.

Maybe they are trying to keep from executions getting old, but this is not the way...

CaptainPwnet
01-25-2017, 02:16 AM
Yeah they look super rough as well tbh. Very cheap, I can only assume that they may be in this test so they can gather feedback on them before release. At the very least there had better be a way to toggle these effects completely off on your own end.

Avlaen
01-25-2017, 06:49 AM
the sakura blossom one for the samurai and the sunbeam light one were about the only ones i liked. :(

DaiReaver
01-25-2017, 08:55 AM
I don't think this is how it will be guys.

My assumptions would be that this was a proof of concept video for an alternative to the gore for countries which ban the use of blood. I haven't checked whether it is still in effect, but i know that Germany was one such country that banned blood splatter in games. So alternatives sometimes have to be made by developers.

In other footage the blood splatter is still there.

waraidako
01-25-2017, 09:11 AM
Wow those look terrible. You need to be able to turn those off.

buff_Nobushi
01-25-2017, 02:10 PM

My assumptions would be that this was a proof of concept video for an alternative to the gore for countries which ban the use of blood. I haven't checked whether it is still in effect, but i know that Germany was one such country that banned blood splatter in games. So alternatives sometimes have to be made by developers.

In other footage the blood splatter is still there.

I never heard of any game germany banned because of blood splatters.
Sure, games that have rather "gruesome and/or "problematic" themes and scenes" only can be advertised if they get censored/are censored but the uncensored version is available in basically every game store.

Shqiptar_91
01-25-2017, 02:46 PM
Gives us gore and blood insted. Wtf is this childrish powerranger stuff

iHunny
01-25-2017, 02:54 PM
Gives us gore and blood insted. Wtf is this childrish powerranger stuff

Would say gore and blood is also childish...

Psyperactive81
01-25-2017, 03:20 PM
Agreed. I was hoping for something a bit more gory. This is a 17+ game after all.
PS: the music choosen for that video was just as horrible too, LOL

Dez_troi_aR
01-25-2017, 05:42 PM
I am generally not complaining fast but theese effects really dont match the game at all.

BananaBlighter
01-25-2017, 06:55 PM
PS: the music choosen for that video was just as horrible too, LOL

Lol yeah, it's giving me a Pokemon vibe, which is very appropriate I guess. The uploader probably did that intentionally TBH.

Haemmerst0rm
01-25-2017, 07:22 PM
Lol yeah, it's giving me a Pokemon vibe, which is very appropriate I guess. The uploader probably did that intentionally TBH.

The creator of those mood effects probably plays Pokemon Go haha :p

MulleDK19
01-25-2017, 08:01 PM

In other footage the blood splatter is still there. Like every game ever? Left 4 Dead was banned, and they had to change all the blood splatter to green smoke to release it there.

whovie
01-25-2017, 08:12 PM
This game has raised complaints about some of the weirdest things. I mean this doesn't impact game play at all really. Most complaints about this game seem to be about cosmetics and not game play. I could careless about mood effects in or out of the game it really doesn't matter. I just don't understand why people make so much of an issue out of something so trivial.

I feel like it can be summed up with the viking helmet. Did viking helmets have horns? No, but some people think they look cool so they put it in. The same can be applied to this, some people think it looks cool others don't. I just hope people talk with as much passion about game play, problems in the beta, and the final game as they do about this all this cosmetic bs.

AlbinoNoodle
01-25-2017, 09:47 PM
I honestly thought it was a joke at first, just don't fit the feel of the game.

Why would hitting someone with a sword make flames shoot out of my shoulders and confetti blast out of their ears.

For the love of god make its visibility optional.

Pope138
01-25-2017, 09:57 PM
This game has raised complaints about some of the weirdest things. I mean this doesn't impact game play at all really. Most complaints about this game seem to be about cosmetics and not game play. I could careless about mood effects in or out of the game it really doesn't matter. I just don't understand why people make so much of an issue out of something so trivial.

I feel like it can be summed up with the viking helmet. Did viking helmets have horns? No, but some people think they look cool so they put it in. The same can be applied to this, some people think it looks cool others don't. I just hope people talk with as much passion about game play, problems in the beta, and the final game as they do about this all this cosmetic bs.

Aesthetics are important. If gameplay was the only crucial element to video games, then we'd be playing as wire meshes.
The new corvette runs great no matter what color it is, that doesn't mean I'm going to settle for fuchsia.

xLeapingLizardx
01-25-2017, 11:22 PM

I see what you are saying... I usually don't complain about stuff like this because it's usually easy to ignore... But this? This is just on another level. Bolts of lighting everywhere, flames coming out of nowhere, a sudden black smoke monster wizzes past you, and random light beams appearing across the battlefield... These things look like they will be hard to ignore and are all just generally ugly..

Again I generally don't complain about these kinds of things but ewww.. xD

DrExtrem
01-25-2017, 11:48 PM
Wtf.

Its not a mood. Its a space ray.

Really devs. Of you read this, take this free advice - we want to beat, cut, stab each other to death. We don't need a reason for eye surgery. The light ray is way over the top, the cherry blossoms are too intense as well and the dark fog is horrible. Add new executions or variations - that would be awesome.

Remember. This is for honor and not final fantasy or some anime.

Haemmerst0rm
01-26-2017, 12:31 AM
Wtf.

Its not a mood. Its a space ray.

Really devs. Of you read this, take this free advice - we want to beat, cut, stab each other to death. We don't need a reason for eye surgery. The light ray is way over the top, the cherry blossoms are too intense as well and the dark fog is horrible. Add new executions or variations - that would be awesome.

Remember. This is for honor and not final fantasy or some anime.

I totally agree with you my friend...!

LovaN.
01-26-2017, 07:57 AM
Mood Effect = dont buy and Play this Game!

Mood Effects so stupid in this Game. It destroy the Game. Trust me! We have enough Anime Games!!

Veanom
01-26-2017, 08:09 AM
this ruin the immersion..

DaiReaver
01-26-2017, 09:04 AM
I never heard of any game germany banned because of blood splatters.
Sure, games that have rather "gruesome and/or "problematic" themes and scenes" only can be advertised if they get censored/are censored but the uncensored version is available in basically every game store.

Just a few examples can be found in the link below, it's definitely a thing in Germany, though like most things, i imagine there are always ways to get around it. Especially since digital distribution has been possible, less ways for them to enforce what comes into the country digitally.

https://www.destructoid.com/censorship-in-germany-how-they-changed-your-fav-games-268854.phtml

DaiReaver
01-26-2017, 09:08 AM
Whilst i can understand why they might be doing it.. i do personally prefer to not see such effects as i agree with what some of you have said... it breaks the immersion.

Ragnar---
01-30-2017, 10:21 PM
They look so awful. Please let us turn them off if we want.

Ragnar---
01-30-2017, 10:30 PM
Well in the beta i saw the option to get Minimal UI interface , disable Blood splat and dismember. So maybe Blood splater and mood effect are in the same categorie

That's not going to be an answer. I want the blood and dismember. They will need to add an option to remove these, they look dumb.

FurioSSx
01-30-2017, 10:39 PM
Please more gore and blood not this crap.

Ragnar---
01-31-2017, 01:32 AM
Please more gore and blood not this crap.

Yeah that's what I expected it to be. These mood things they have feel so out of place and honestly, don't even look good. The light ones look like something from 2006 for a start.

TCTF_SWAT
01-31-2017, 01:42 AM
Some of them could be interesting depending on the execution. Like the PK's sacrifice. The black mist swirling into the victim as she stabs them. THE RITUAL IS COMPLETE!!!!!

Trenk2009
01-31-2017, 02:10 AM
By simply looking at the wind, shadow and light effect you can see that those are prototypes man. They weren't in the beta for a reason : they are not ready. I'm sure the real ones are going to be way more "clean" than this cheap crappy looking thing x)

Captain.Weegee
01-31-2017, 02:19 PM
Oh god now i know what this "Special Execution Effect" in the deluxe edition.... god just please add an option to turn it off...

Ragnar---
01-31-2017, 02:31 PM
Oh god now i know what this "Special Execution Effect" in the deluxe edition.... god just please add an option to turn it off...

I imagine this will be one of those things that we wont be able to turn off, just got a feeling.

Eraxar
01-31-2017, 03:44 PM
when someone want it ok, but PLS let us deactivate it in the options if dont want it

Ragnar---
01-31-2017, 10:34 PM
You don't have to have it in your character, but being able to hide other players effects from view kind of defeats their purpose.

They don't look very good though. They look extremely out of place.

Ragnar---
02-01-2017, 03:05 PM
they do. I would have prefer more Execution , Emote than this.

It would have been great if they added more executions instead of 'moods'. The name doesn't even make any sense either. I'm in a sunshine mood while I fight in this gritty war "what?". Ubisoft had a real chance to make this game the next big thing but they seem to be slipping slowly down with the little decisions that are in this game.

Flatlander57
02-01-2017, 04:59 PM
Honestly. I do think they look terrible. But the idea in itself isn't a bad idea.

Giving players the ability to "Personalize" their Executions and Emotes wouldn't be terrible. They just need to look good.

These all look like they were literally done in a few minutes each.
"Ok, black smoke, make it move around a bit... one down."
"Ok make 3 types of leaves, spam them all over the screen... second effect down."
"Ok grab the light tool, make a spot-light above the character, change the light-color to gold... third effect down."

Cool effects you COULD add to executions:
--Vultures circle overhead after you execute a player
--Rats eat the dead body after you have executed a player
--Extra Bloody
--When the Executed-Player's body collapses to the floor, a small cloud of dirt could come up.

Basically, you don't want to make it un-realistic. Otherwise people will simply buy the most stupid thing possible.
"Oh when I execute someone, I want a UFO to show up overhead, and drop a cow on their body, would be so funny haha."
"Oh yea? Well I want when I Taunt a Disco Ball to come out of no where, and all these lazers to appear all over the map and music to play!."
"No guys, I have the best one. When I execute someone, I want the devil to come from hell, grab unto his legs, and pull him underground."
"For Christmas, they better release a Santa-Claus version, where a Chimney appears, Santa comes down the chimney, puts the executed player in a bag, and takes him away in a Sled."

No, just no. Cartoonish games can have Cartoonish mood effects.
But a game like For Honor, needs dark, and realistic mood effects. At least make them reasonable.

ZuivrZilvr
02-01-2017, 07:23 PM
Huh? What the hell is this ****?

Hackfraysn
02-01-2017, 08:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbaqyJBoIlo&t=140s

To be honest, these mood effects are so so so bad. I hope that Ubisoft has implement an option for the players to not see these effects that are caused by the enemy team. Remember: this is For Honor, not Dark Souls 3.....

What's your opinion guys? This is really immersion breaking and imo they should change it or at least: delete it entirely!

Omg they're hideous and absolutely cringeworthy. They also don't fit the theme of this game at all.

Civicus93
02-02-2017, 02:38 AM
Everyone seems to hate them but they will still be in the game on release. Maybe OVERTHINK it and first update them so they fit in he ?

Danioku
02-02-2017, 02:53 AM
Everyone seems to hate them but they will still be in the game on release. Maybe OVERTHINK it and first update them so they fit in he ?

A dev commented on Reddit that they've seen the hate and are considering it. I think they will change the effects significantly if they do keep them in. Personally i'd love to see them gone. The grittier this game is kept the better i say.

Danioku
02-02-2017, 09:04 AM
You can find something here

https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/5q2xmd/is_ubisoft_aware_of_how_much_mood_effects_are/

there is more on the subreddit tho

O2357
02-02-2017, 11:37 AM
I strongly hope we will be saved from such an arcade kiddy bu ll sh it.

Hackfraysn
02-02-2017, 05:17 PM
A dev commented on Reddit that they've seen the hate and are considering it. I think they will change the effects significantly if they do keep them in. Personally i'd love to see them gone. The grittier this game is kept the better i say.

I agree wholeheartedly. Realism and credibility is what makes the amazing atmosphere of this game. These mood effects need to go ASAP.

FREEDOM from
02-02-2017, 07:34 PM
I agree with everyone else, these look bad. They seem too "magical" which there is not any magic in this game...

Just add a lot more execution animations and maybe reduce the cost.

Reaper_Sykko
02-02-2017, 09:20 PM
omg LOL i did not know what people where talking about when they say mood effects so i decided to check this thread out and fck do they look so bad omg it made me actually laugh at how bad they are and the trailer shows them with that epic music like its some really cool sh!t but it just makes it look even more ridiculous !! REMOVE THAT CRAP FROM THE GAME PLEASE

Ragnar---
02-03-2017, 12:58 AM
The option to not see them would honestly be perfect for everybody. Those that want it can see it and those that don't , don't have to watch it.

waraidako
02-03-2017, 09:46 AM
No, they are cheesy and unrealistic. I don't want pretty colours and flowers when I kill someone, I want gratuitous amounts of blood and gore. We're fighting with swords and axes here. Make it as violent as possible.

Ragnar---
02-03-2017, 11:58 AM
You all suck :/ some of these were interesting, like the blossoms and the lightning strike...

Then you'll be fine if the developers add an option ro disable it if you don't want it. Surely you don't want to force people to see the effects?

Bruca-Ojiisama
02-03-2017, 03:57 PM
What did i just watched. This youtube video must be a nightmare, it can't be real. My eyes are bleeding!!!

Nina_Flowers
02-03-2017, 07:01 PM
Wooooow this really sucks !!!

Remove this and add blood, rivers of blood !!!

Captain.Weegee
02-03-2017, 10:40 PM
If they cost thousands of steel, then yeah I want others to see it. Otherwise it's a waste of resources.

Ye, but let them have the choice to not see em...
Why force other players to see those cheesy effects, sure there are a few player who wanna see them, just put an "on/off" option ingame.

waraidako
02-04-2017, 10:50 AM
Because i spent the currency for people to see it. It's a prestige thing. What's the point of getting it if no one sees it?

There is no point in getting it, it looks dumb.

CaptainPwnet
02-04-2017, 11:19 AM
Because i spent the currency for people to see it. It's a prestige thing. What's the point of getting it if no one sees it?

That's a valid point. But at this point they would be delegated to troll status with how much negative feedback they have garnered. Personally I would be voting for a universal option to turn them all off on my client side if these remained in the game. Obviously it's not enough for me to boycott or anything, but would definitely be a sour taste in my mouth every time I saw one much less was on the receiving end of one.

I doubt it matters cause these will likely be seriously revamped or removed entirely after this reception lol. In the preorder incentives it says "Execution Smoke Effect" with a picture of a warden outlined lightly in smoke. Something more minimalist and subtle like that would have been received less negatively I think.

There's also the issue of most of these shown look very rough. To me they look very last minute and just slapped in without much effort to try and blend them in and smooth out the edges in a manner of speaking. To make it look less cheesy and out of place. Totally feels like a cheap cash grab.

Ragnar---
02-06-2017, 06:47 PM

You get to see it, that should be enough. Why do you want to force people to see it?.

D_cover
02-06-2017, 07:35 PM
They don't bother me at all. Hell I'll probably use the shadow one it looks alright.

But gore effects I must +1 that. The game is lacking that even though the latest trailer is full of mature graphic scenery of people that are impaled by spears and blood running down a knights sword. The game could do with more blood.

Reinborn
02-06-2017, 08:30 PM
I'll be in the minority here but I don't dislike them as much as everyone else. But to say the truth, what would do all of us some good would be toning down these effects, sunbeam and fiery effects are standing out the most and it really doesn't look pleasing. But I like the other ones, like those little pink leafs that surround Nobushi, it's not over the top while still (in my view) staying somewhat immersive.

At one point, nobody questioned anything about the game, players just stuck with the saying that Vikings, Samurais and Knights wouldn't fight in the first place, if this game was supposed to be realistic. :confused: And now there are complaints about immersion breaking? One might go as far as to say that the immersion has been broken the moment For Honor was announced! Simply adjust these effects a bit and we're good.

D_cover
02-06-2017, 08:39 PM
For sure but keep in mind ... more gore = less sales. Some country ban video game with gore.

I think if it is on par or just a little less like Tenchu's gore it won't cause much controversy if any at all.

Ragnar---
02-06-2017, 08:49 PM
I'll be in the minority here but I don't dislike them as much as everyone else. But to say the truth, what would do all of us some good would be toning down these effects, sunbeam and fiery effects are standing out the most and it really doesn't look pleasing. But I like the other ones, like those little pink leafs that surround Nobushi, it's not over the top while still (in my view) staying somewhat immersive.

At one point, nobody questioned anything about the game, players just stuck with the saying that Vikings, Samurais and Knights wouldn't fight in the first place, if this game was supposed to be realistic. :confused: And now there are complaints about immersion breaking? One might go as far as to say that the immersion has been broken the moment For Honor was announced! Simply adjust these effects a bit and we're good.

How can flowers coming off somebody after you brutally murder them be immersive?. That just doesn't make any sense mate.

Regarding realism. A game can be set in a realistic world without it being silly and having non nonsensical arcade like features.

mithila2017
02-06-2017, 09:02 PM
Now a days REDDIT Is a big platform for gaming knowledge..

More information visit here

http://www.mustafizz.com/create-a-reddit-account/

Laryakan
02-06-2017, 09:47 PM
This effects are bad and so immersion breaking...................
Yes I hope it can be disabled, because I bought Gold Edition and I really dont want to see that !

The Painkiller
02-07-2017, 12:46 AM
The reason these are in the game is the same reason people "Tea Bag" Clap", or what other type of thing the players come up with. People like to look "Cool"...It's just another way you humans have to "Rub it in" in a game setting. Nothing more. It's the "Look at Me" era of Humanity. Get used to it. You all perpetuate it in every game. But don't like it done to you right?

The Painkiller
02-07-2017, 12:50 AM
As for me, I would rather have more gore, But will make do with Fire shooting out my Armor EVERY time my Peacekeeper gives you my Liver Shot Execution.

The Painkiller
02-07-2017, 12:54 AM
Plus ALL you people crying about being FORCED to see the animations, are the same humans that "Emote" people to death after a win in EVERY game. Now you can have it done to you with little effort involved. No teabagging here, just straight fire, Smoke, Lighting etc. Take that Crybabies!

D_cover
02-07-2017, 03:23 AM
The reason these are in the game is the same reason people "Tea Bag" Clap", or what other type of thing the players come up with. People like to look "Cool"...It's just another way you humans have to "Rub it in" in a game setting. Nothing more. It's the "Look at Me" era of Humanity. Get used to it. You all perpetuate it in every game. But don't like it done to you right?

You okay bud?

GamerBucketXbox
02-07-2017, 06:34 AM
This looks awful lol

Ragnar---
02-07-2017, 01:43 PM
You know that the mood effects can be applied to emotes too right? So it will be an hell of spammed sunbeams covering half the screen.
It was a tip in the CB, during a loading screen.

What a terrible idea that is.

Reinborn
02-07-2017, 09:40 PM
How can flowers coming off somebody after you brutally murder them be immersive?. That just doesn't make any sense mate.

Regarding realism. A game can be set in a realistic world without it being silly and having non nonsensical arcade like features.

I'm trying to say that it fits the scenario more than fire coming out of your backs or shadows circling around you.

Ragnar---
02-07-2017, 10:36 PM
I'm trying to say that it fits the scenario more than fire coming out of your backs or shadows circling around you.

Flowers, Fire, Shadows. All those things are just as bad as each other and don't immerse you into anything but nonsense.

S1yhunter
02-09-2017, 06:45 AM
These look atrocious and completely out of place.

Bobola
02-09-2017, 07:23 AM
It's just terrible. Not as tacky and ******ed as emotes spamming, but pretty close.

THEGODLYNESS
02-09-2017, 08:14 AM
Don't like seeing them?
Don't get executed. This is the part I say git gud right? When can i start the slow clap also.

xLeapingLizardx
02-09-2017, 08:49 AM
Don't like seeing them?
Don't get executed. This is the part I say git gud right? When can i start the slow clap also.

Can't stop a team mate from getting executed....
There can be just a valley of light beams from other people dying..
Git gud at commenting :p :p

MrWTF
02-11-2017, 01:43 AM
The new trailer the show that these stupid f*cking effects are still in the game, even the fire and lightning ones...

ShadicAdvent
02-13-2017, 03:04 AM
Ubisoft, please, do not add any mood effects. The game is beautiful the way it is. Mood effects will destroy the atmosphere you have built for this game. If you must have these effects for some reason, then at least give us the ability to toggle them off from our own view. With all sincerity, I do hope that this game becomes the best game of 2017; it has the potential to achieve this.

Thank you to all of the development team,

A "For Honor" fan.

Salty_Tincan
02-13-2017, 03:32 AM
For the sake of all that is holy, give us a CHECKBOX in the display options where we can turn their visibility off if desired.

Not everyone wants those effects. They look out of place. Different execution styles I can appreciate, but bursting into flames is not suitable to a medival combat game that is striving to be realistic and not being fantasy. I know that they can be "sweet" so theres no harm to keep them as you intend, but give us option to toggle off if we want.

JeeNiNe
02-13-2017, 03:34 AM
These effects look terrible and out of place.

BARBAK.
02-14-2017, 04:49 AM
This is really immersion breaking

+1
But some people paid for those "mood", so for honor dev should just allow player to enable or not them, or just replace them by...more blood perhaps :)

Captain.Weegee
02-14-2017, 09:09 PM
Oh nooo :(
why there is no GOD DAMN OPTION to turn this ugly effects off?!
Those damn moods messed up the whole realistic atmosphere, and they are a little bit unfair, in teamfights a holy light comes down from the sky and takes the sight away

Seriously Ubisoft, PLEASE add an option to turn those effects off, just like you added options to turn blood and decapitations off..........

Ragnar---
02-14-2017, 09:12 PM
After seeing them, they are just so out of place. Please add an option Ubi.

WingedHussar_PL
02-14-2017, 09:22 PM
Like old arcade games from Amiga.

waraidako
02-15-2017, 03:36 PM
We hate them, Ubi. We've hated them since we first saw them. Please patch them out or at least let us turn them off.

They're as lame, or maybe even more lame than the skull mask the orochi is wearing. Most of us aren't 10 years old, so we don't think stuff like this is cool and hard.

WingedHussar_PL
02-15-2017, 04:01 PM
Most of us aren't 10 years old, so we don't think stuff like this is cool and hard.

Exactly. This game is rated for mature, so make mature effects or sexy mature effects :)

Meksikinietis
02-15-2017, 04:23 PM
Preview effect:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyBwKZYCixY
IN GAME EFFECT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHJBYrr4CWI

Blisart.
02-15-2017, 04:37 PM
Preview effect:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyBwKZYCixY
IN GAME EFFECT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHJBYrr4CWI

The real McDonald's advertised burgers.I'm glad they are not as flashy as the preview video.

The Painkiller
02-15-2017, 04:47 PM
Really enjoying the Mood Effects. Keep up the great work Ubi.

WingedHussar_PL
02-15-2017, 04:59 PM
Really enjoying the Mood Effects. Keep up the great work Ubi.

But what this effect mean ? Magic ? The next DLC heroes will be Sauron, Wild Hunt or others from Warcraft universe ? Even if these strange effects exist they should be subtle. Most of them is too bright, intense, unreal and I don't see execution but bloom explosion.

The Painkiller
02-15-2017, 05:04 PM
Wrong. Most times you can barely see the effects. People just don't like being "Teabagged" so easily.

The Painkiller
02-15-2017, 05:07 PM
I know how you humans operate. But I bet you mash the emote after every battle like so you can feel good about yourself. All of you just sit down. Be quiet......There. That's better human race. At ease.

Ansgar__
03-02-2017, 12:23 AM
Why are these effects still in the game and im not allowed to turn this **** flames and the others off but i can disable blood and gore, LOL. It makes me sad because i find it very annoying, i can deal with black vikings but not with the mood effects.