PDA

View Full Version : Egyptian god Horus

rob1990312
01-23-2017, 10:48 PM
so i have been researching the egyptian god horus for an unrelated college project but i had some thougjts of how it could pop up in empire
horus is a sun god who in some versions is the son of osiris and isis
horus is said to have two different eyes the sun and the moon which could be used as hetrochomia like a sage
horus has been around thousands of years and has had different versions of him throughout the ages with even comparisons to jesus christ
he is also mostly symbolised by a hawk or a hawk man hybrid
the pharoah is also said to be the god horus in mortal flesh
the eye of horus which is an egyptian symbol usually found on amulets is a symbol of protection and rebirth its also know as the wadjet
know the connection im trying to make here is that this really lines up well with the lore of a sage and as he is the son of osiris in some versions it has connections with the dropped ubisoft game osiris then theres the rebirth and hethrochromia i hope i spelled that right and the part of a god in mortal flesh also is like a sage
i just thought this was interesting and i would share it with you guys and gals

Elder-Kalakta
01-24-2017, 04:26 PM
These might interest you.

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Isis

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Osiris

It would be really interesting to see more Isu show up, so that storyline from the older comics would be good to explore. I always found it interesting that when Osiris was murdered, Aset used the Ankh of Eden to revive him for one night so that their union could spawn Horus.

MissAcrophobia
01-25-2017, 05:32 PM
Interesting insight, but I'd rather have Horus as another character, not being the same as Aita. Still, thanks for sharing that bit. It's always nice to read about how mythology could fit into the AC world.

Of all the charcters of Egyptian history and mythology I would make Imhotep a sage. He was the designer of the Pyramid of Djoser, the first Egyptian pyramid (and surely there will be some remnant of the First Civilization inside them), and was worshipped as a god after his death. It would go nicely with the sages being worshipped by the Mayans and Taino. It's probably only coincidence and meaningless, but three of them had performed some sort of craftmanship (Germain was a silversmith and sculptor, Kavanagh and Roberts were carpenters).

rob1990312
01-26-2017, 12:36 AM
its interesting you should bring up tradesman or craftsmanship i was in a museum today and there was a statue of the god appolo and he was addorned with smybols and objects of tradesmen and craftsman
apollo is a sun god like horus but a greek or roman version
i must also add that horus, apollo and jesus (another craftsman with otherworldy abilites with the power of rebirth) share similar iconography
the more i research the easier it is to apply acs lore to real history 😊

D.I.D.
01-26-2017, 07:24 AM
Great idea

horus is said to have two different eyes the sun and the moon which could be used as hetrochomia like a sage

Especially that!