PDA

View Full Version : Alpha players, did the game get repetitive or boring after a while?

ReverseVen0m
01-22-2017, 09:04 PM
The game looks amazing and I'm so stoked but I was watching some gameplay videos and it seems very overwatch-ish and I'm afraid I'll spend the $80 and then get bored of it after three days. SO, Alpha players... Title?

ReverseVen0m
01-22-2017, 09:36 PM
You have a lot more to do than overwatch in terms of out-of- game stuff. Objectives to complete, gear to acquire, personalisation options to unlock, etc. Not to mention it has a single player campaign unlike overwatch, so all the characters in this game actually have backstory that isn't told through a youtube cinematic...

Sorry, I'm a bit sore about overwatch. Think it's super over rated.

Oh I completely agree, That's why I was nervous.

TCTF_SWAT
01-22-2017, 09:43 PM
I wouldn't really compare this to overwatch mainly because it's not as complex as FH. Ulnless you don't enjoy fighters or MOBA's then FH may not hold you attention for very long.

GreyHound501
01-22-2017, 10:27 PM
I didn't find it boring at all and I played a lot during the alpha. Mainly I dueled and to me the dueling was so unrepitive because everyone has a different play style and each duel I had a new challenge of conquering this others players play style which really helped.

Stormstriker90
01-22-2017, 11:16 PM
I pretty much played this game nonstop during the Alpha, and I mean that. From Thursday to Sunday I think I logged at least 50 hours, possibly more, into the game and all we had to do was Dominion, 1v1 and 2v2. No campaign, elimination, and very limited customization with only 6 classes to try.

Never once got bored. In fact the more I played the more I fangirled lmao

Breikas.
01-22-2017, 11:30 PM
I can see it getting boring with no ranked ladders.

TCTF_SWAT
01-23-2017, 12:41 AM
It's got a MOBa mode and does have some MOBa traits like the feats.I see it as a arena fighter fighter similair to the DB xenoverse games.

CaptainPwnet
01-23-2017, 01:14 AM
How do you feel about fighting games versus fps? Cause that's essentially what it boils down to between FH and OW. Like OW is a good game(personally I as well got bored of it fairly quick) but in the end its mechanics boil down to the usual fps fair, point and click and in this case some abilities thrown in. But it's all just teamplay, the 1v1 aspect just isn't there. It's just spammy and full of oneshots and whatnot. FH is much more like a fighting game adapted into an online battle arena game. The fights are much more back and forth with chances for comebacks and great plays with few situations that leave you feeling like you were cheated(as long as you don't count some of the stupidly high damage dealing feats). The combat overall is just much more fresh and satisfying.

iHunny
01-23-2017, 02:04 AM
As a alpha player I wanted more of the game after the end of each alphas. I did not get bored of it. I espect the game to last a minimum of 1 month for me wish to be is good enough. Wery few days keeps me interested longer.

And I never got annoyed of the ledge spamming since its part of the game and avoidable.

GreyHound501
01-23-2017, 02:29 AM
Throwing people in the spikes on overwatch(I believe is the name of map) was a lot more fun then ledges :3

PrivateBonsai94
01-23-2017, 03:03 AM
It was awesome. Really don't think could be bored, there's plenty of character s and we didn't even get to play with half. Combat system was realistic with stance variation and movement, definitely easy to pick up can be a real badass once u really understand the controls and timing. I was very worried thinking of a 1v4 senareo but very surprised when it was actually possible to win that situation. Felt great not to die but then there's always an axe in ur back at some point in this game. thank you all for the work looking forward to taking heads hopefully soon

xLeapingLizardx
01-23-2017, 07:12 AM
I was only able to play the Alpha for like a day and half because I was out of town. But believe me I would have played much more if I was able to. This is one of those games that I'll like no matter what. Just from the uniqueness alone will keep me coming back. I'm also not that easily disappointed by little things such as "lack of customization content" or gender locked classes or "graphical downgrades" so small things like that won't make me not like the game. (Well I'm generally not such a heavy critic of games, so I'm rarely disappointed in games in general). Heck I'd even be happy if all the game had was what was in the Alpha.. (Ok that may be a bit of an exaggeration haha but it was that fun).
Similar to me with "Evolve" I loved it so much because it was such a unique concept.
I've also been hyped about this game and have been on the look out for an info on it ever since it was first announced.

Now of course I don't doubt that this game will get repetitive to some people. There is just no denying that. I think you just need to think for yourself if this is the type of game you want?

Is this enough content?:
12 Unique Characters
5 Game modes
Customization
Campaign
(Not sure how many maps)
DLC add-ons down the road

If that isn't enough then there's your answer.
The incredible unique fighting mechanics was enough for me, the rest was a bonus.

langy35
01-23-2017, 08:57 AM
The game looks amazing and I'm so stoked but I was watching some gameplay videos and it seems very overwatch-ish and I'm afraid I'll spend the $80 and then get bored of it after three days. SO, Alpha players... Title?

We only had 6 characters in the console alpha that was unbalanced... and it was ADDICTIVE.

Yuulaw
01-23-2017, 09:22 AM
Think moba mashed together with a simplified mortal kombat. If you enjoy a game like mortal kombat even in its repetition with the multiplayer comptetiveness of mobas you get this.

only 2 gameplay complaints really..

1. Im not keen on how you cant do combo's outside of lock, this limits the game greatly to a 1on1 supported gameplay which they complement with revenge mode button to defuse the muggings to, make no mistake, run from ur muggers. Any experienced player knows to wait and counter or let unlocked players bash or hit ur guard to break ur stamina so they can continue to pummel u. If u arent a light class u cannot get away, so keep it in mind.

2. maps are rather small from what i've played, makes for quick action but does feel tedious.

Also not sure if im allowed to say all this... well its alpha so does not reflect final product.

SWISS GEAR
01-23-2017, 12:36 PM
Every Game can be boring after a while. I think it depends how much you like it to Play. I never played an Alpha/Beta that much. So I think I will Play it like hell and destroy every Samurai and Knight I see :D

I hope they add some cool new Vikings after a while or new gamemodes, maps and stuff :-)

Aarpian
01-23-2017, 12:47 PM
There was never a moment where I didn't resent having to stop playing. At no point did I think "well, that's enough of that for today".

Dez_troi_aR
01-23-2017, 01:01 PM
I think it also heavily depends on what kind of gamer you are. If you strive for achievments and adventure, the game might not be for you. If you look for mastery and competition then you will play for a long time.

There is a very interestig video of J.Vandenberghe somewhere on the forum where he explains gamer archetypes. Very Interesting!

Demoraliz3
01-23-2017, 01:39 PM
if rank's all you care about I think you're missing the point of the game.

I think he has a great point , in a game that is all about personal skill having a ranked system is just a must . To fight you're way up the ladder and see and feel yourself getting better is a great addition to the game .. I dont want to take overwatch as an example but the ranked system in that game is very addictive and even though you are playing pretty much the same game as quickplay it still is more interesting as you feel there is more at stake then just the few minutes that you invest in the game , Its your personal reputation at stake , and in for honor i think that can be a major part of the satisfaction feeling when you win .

Breikas.
01-23-2017, 01:43 PM
if rank's all you care about I think you're missing the point of the game.

Wanting decent competition makes me miss the point of the game?
Contrary to popular belief, it's not fun to win most of your games without even trying. I'd wager same goes for people losing every game because they're not in the same skill tier as others.

THAMONK5
01-23-2017, 01:55 PM
I played the alpha for ps4 last year and loved it once it finished i couldn't wait to play again. Looking forward to the beta & full release to me its the best game comimg out this year (so far).

FR4NCO
01-23-2017, 03:02 PM
are they going to have a rank system? or something of that sort?

e.Key
01-23-2017, 03:24 PM
are they going to have a rank system? or something of that sort?

100% not with release. However if people keep asking, i hope they decide to include it asap.