PDA

View Full Version : Why Aliens Should Be in “For Honor™”

Tin-Soldier-FE
01-21-2017, 07:56 PM
Why limit a game that has a lot of potential to just 3 factions? When it comes to games like “For Honor™”, taking inspiration from history and using some of its greatest and well-known warriors can be completely understandable. However, only 3 were chosen and that raises some questions not just from me but possibly from a lot of others as well. They might debate on subjects such as adding more historically-based warriors or changing them; I on the other hand claim that Ubisoft™ should add Aliens. It is an absurd thought to think of adding aliens from outer space in a game featuring historic characters, but it may not be as off as you believe. The developers of the game may have had an insight into alien involvement in history, as all the faction types do in fact have historical proof of being directly or indirectly related to our extraterrestrial visitors.

To begin with, Ubisoft™ has had past experiences in dealing with alien-like historical events in their games. In the Assassins Creed™ games, the company draws inspiration from historically-driven events, even including Leonardo da Vinci in Assassins Creed™ II. The Pieces of Eden are tied to the history of mankind and how they were created by supreme beings to enslave them. Though not really considered aliens and pretty much being the first inhabitants of Earth, to us humans they are technically considered Gods or Aliens. Perhaps if one were to spend enough time, they would be able to unravel all of Ubisoft’s™ secrets and how not only in the world of Assassins Creed™, but of how multiple of Ubisoft™-universes tie in together into one. The theories of the interconnected worlds all tied in to history full of Gods and Aliens would be a long process, so listed here will only be an explanation on why Aliens should be included in For Honor™.

Now that the topic of Europe’s alien involvement in mind, one might be wondering now how Japan is involved. While not directly having contact with the aliens, they’ve definitely had indirect relations to them. Evidence lies within the existence of the honorable Samurai Warriors, working as guards for Daimyo who were lords directly under the command of the Shogun. This is what history would want you to believe however, as the real purpose of the Samurais was for a darker, more shadowed purpose on the unwritten records of history. In truth, the Shoguns are great Lords who commanded the Daimyo in an attempt to unite Feudal Japans forces against Europe. You see, the reason for the genetic turn in the Europeans was that select few were abducted and experimented on by aliens. These genetically modified human beings were bred for war, battle-hardened and trained extensively to the peak of human perfection at the time. These warriors would later come to be known as the famed Knights of the Medieval Age. Japan was not oblivious to the fact that Europe was a dangerous force to be reckoned with, and so was the reason for other nations falling to the great power of Alien-Empowered Europe. Japan gathered its strongest warriors, bolstered its forces, and reinforced its trading laws in the event of dangerous alien technology being brought into Japan. Samurais were trained at a young age to be warriors to combat the foreign threat of genetically modified knights. They were very strong and nearly unstoppable, walking tanks almost; thus, Samurais were trained to counter everything about them. Swift strikes, parries, quick movement and leg work, all were Japanese foot soldier tactics against the alien army. With a military force of their own to combat the knights, Japan was prepared for war while all the other countries were going about life not knowing that the great invasion that would shape human history forever was going to take place.

Following the history of Europe, the Vikings themselves have a direct relation to the aliens as well. Derived from the same ancestors as the Alien-Empowered Europeans, the Vikings are just an offshoot genetic branch. Rebel Knights who believed there was more to their life than being monsters led in a march against the whole world, they fought against their purpose originally programmed by the aliens and moved towards the north. With this migration of genetically modified humans to Nordic Europe, they eventually spread into what would be known as the Vikings. The rough nature and disorganized way of life they live can also be traced to their alien heritage. These Vikings, these humans were programmed for a singular purpose to serve and they denied it. Without an objective in mind, the primal instincts of any human that cannot ever be removed or replaced inevitably take over. They grew savage and hungry, which led to the splitting of the Vikings into smaller tribes with a new singular goal programmed into them, “take and survive”. These savage men then continued to ravage Nordic Europe, and even took to the seas as not just a conquest, but a challenge set upon them by the gods above. Yet another feature that the Vikings got from their alien heritage, the ability to travel the seas by reading the stars. With this power, the Vikings found new lands to conquer or take from. Luckily, they haven’t taken over any substantial amount of land, otherwise today would likely be ruled by genetically modified Alien Vikings. Nearly all the abilities of these vicious men were derived from their involvement with aliens in the past, and their involvement with the conquest to take over the earth. Quite ironic though to think that the creators of one of the most famous mythologies worshiped gods in the sky, not knowing that they themselves were born from people much farther than the heavens above.

With all the factions introduced, it is undeniable that aliens almost wanted this to happen. Throwing in a small catalyst and watching things take place from above, these 3 factions actually have a major role in history and I believe Ubisoft™ knows this as well. It was now a war between the human-alien army and the humans. The battles represented in For Honor™ are based on the real events that shaped the history of mankind, and the aliens were the trigger for all of this. That being said, why not involve the ones who caused all of this? Technically, the game wouldn’t exist should it not have been for the aliens, and if they had no physical involvement in actual history then why not implement it into the game. I am only presenting an idea, so it’s not up to me to decide how said aliens are and should be depicted in For Honor™ but I would like to present another thought. Why would the aliens even want to do all this? What would they benefit from causing trouble in another planet? Well, like with all organisms who have gained sentience, it comes with an innate thirst known as curiosity. No matter what race or species, there is always a thirst for any kind of knowledge, be it something tiny and trivial or something absolutely breathtaking and life-altering. Much like how we humans conduct controlled experiments on things, the aliens did the same to us; albeit in a much larger scale on a very big laboratory. To the aliens, we were possibly just experiments of genetic tampering and alien technology and the Japanese were the variables who would go against them. Like antibodies, they took up arms against this virus that had entered the earth and thus they presented more data to be gathered by the aliens. What is war, bloodshed, and history for us is nothing but data for our extraterrestrial lords.

In conclusion, it is quite possible that Ubisoft™ drew inspiration from this more obscure piece of human history and wanted to represent it in this way. Great battles fought all in the name of research for the aliens, it would be reasonable if the game included them to do some “hands-on” testing. Not only that, it seems like a good twist of things as it would spawn thoughts of what history could’ve been like should the creations of these visitors have succeeded. As strange as it may seem to us and even more to the people who might’ve seen them in person, anyone can be considered an enemy during a war like this. With the inclusion of aliens, they will undoubtedly become an enemy whether or not they choose to be good or bad and with this a new war can be triggered. Their experiments are on the table, and now the scientist pick up their tools and begin the research themselves.

“Before God we are all equally wise—equally foolish”
-Albert Einstein

DraxeI
01-21-2017, 08:02 PM
http://i.imgur.com/e6D8NNx.gif

XDeadzX
01-21-2017, 08:02 PM
How about no?

Did you accidentally the whole bottle of cocacola?

Cynath.
01-21-2017, 08:43 PM
is it real life?

Eirmund
01-21-2017, 11:05 PM
Whelp. I'm convinced.

Final Fantasy VII Cloud confirmed as DLC Character. GG Gentlemen.

DBLxxShotz
01-21-2017, 11:24 PM
Would love to use jedis with this same combat system. The possibilities are insane.

e.Key
01-22-2017, 07:23 PM
Whelp. I'm convinced.

Final Fantasy VII Cloud confirmed as DLC Character. GG Gentlemen.

Instabuy!

Orisoll
01-22-2017, 07:42 PM
It's all true! Note this 100% historically accurate painting:

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/950/351/775.jpg

Umngyr
01-22-2017, 10:34 PM
well in fairness, if we're talking aliens... The Predators from the Aliens/Predator universe would be pretty awesome for this. Just have stuff like shoulder canon and orbital bombardment replace crossbow and catapult strike, and we'd be all set to go :P

That said, i'd honestly never wanna see it in the game. Would be way too cheese and obvious fandom cashout. For Honor has its own charm, leave it be. Or make a mod, if you really wanna see aliens in the setting /shrug

Lei_Date
01-22-2017, 11:08 PM
well in fairness, if we're talking aliens... The Predators from the Aliens/Predator universe would be pretty awesome for this. Just have stuff like shoulder canon and orbital bombardment replace crossbow and catapult strike, and we'd be all set to go :P

That said, i'd honestly never wanna see it in the game. Would be way too cheese and obvious fandom cashout. For Honor has its own charm, leave it be. Or make a mod, if you really wanna see aliens in the setting /shrug

I was thinking of the xenomorph as well when I first saw this lol if we to do an 4th faction I can see possible of roman gladiator have to be something with 4 style of weapon fighting so trident and net pait of cestus (thinking out loud)

Umngyr
01-22-2017, 11:12 PM
hmm. Well, the romans had a diverse enough arsenal to be included, certainly, although i would be worried that there might be too many similarities to the knights. A more middle-eastern / indian focus might be interesting too. Although not as iconic and world renowned, the middle east had its share of impressive warrior cultures as well. The Persian Cataphracts for example.

PrivateZim
01-23-2017, 01:04 AM
Dood. It's a ubisoft game. We are playing as the aliens in the genetic memories of our human slaves after the events of AC3

CaptGhostDoge
01-23-2017, 02:59 AM
Dood. It's a ubisoft game. We are playing as the aliens in the genetic memories of our human slaves after the events of AC3

Pfft, Apollyon is probably a super sexy romanceable npc. They realized Mass Effect was successful and thought that to be the reason.

Soul.RED
01-23-2017, 03:33 AM
http://i.imgur.com/lLxCoWM.jpg

Solitude-Fr
01-23-2017, 10:56 AM
Why go with the Jedi !?

zide-
01-23-2017, 12:07 PM
what

Aarpian
01-23-2017, 12:26 PM
Holy crap you must have been bored to bother with this

MathiasCB
01-23-2017, 01:10 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/2pHCxQtUttmHm/giphy.gif

SandmanRechena
01-23-2017, 04:05 PM
I really don't care for aliens in a swords (and axes and spears) game but I would love to have cimmerians in the game. Particularly one known as Conan :D

Dez_troi_aR
01-23-2017, 04:12 PM
The Internet is an amazing place.

vertigomonkey
01-24-2017, 06:04 PM
Way too long, didn't read even close to the whole thing.

However, came here looking for this image, and was not disappointed.

http://i.imgur.com/lLxCoWM.jpg

cawatrooper9
01-24-2017, 11:12 PM
The combat system looks cool, and I could see it being adapted by other games much in the same way the Arkham system revolutionized 3rd person melee combat over the last decade. But I don't think we need aliens in this game.

Also, a "tldr" synopsis would've been great.