PDA

View Full Version : Faction-lock or not

HOKAI47
01-20-2017, 10:04 PM
I started this thread so that we can properly discuss it, and I also set up a poll about it. Personally I think it would be better for everyone to keep them separate. I believe it would be best to add an option to participate in faction war or not, and when you're not participating the faction lock would be turned off. After the e3 trailer and introduction to the campaign lore it seemed like they had clarified exactly why they fight by eachother's side. But then they started promoting the faction wars which makes me think they will keep them separate but I think it will be cleared up soon enough.

Thoughts?

buff_Nobushi
01-20-2017, 11:04 PM
Simple scenario:
My friend likes the Vikings, I like the Samurai. We both want to play competitive and participate in faction war. We also want to play together.
What now?

To make it even simpler, no, I would not like such thing.

HOKAI47
01-21-2017, 12:26 AM
Or you know you could compromise with your friend.... faction war isn't the only mode in the game. What's wrong with having a mode that makes the factions actually mean something? If you want to play with your friends, agree on a faction or don't play faction war together.

This. Make faction war faction only or the entire concept is pointless..

iHunny
01-21-2017, 12:38 AM
Or you know you could compromise with your friend.... faction war isn't the only mode in the game. What's wrong with having a mode that makes the factions actually mean something? If you want to play with your friends, agree on a faction or don't play faction war together.

Or use the custome games for your locked factions game.

TheBearJew411
01-21-2017, 12:43 AM
Faction war is not an individual game mode it is a system that tracks each players performance in online matches and depending on how well they do they score points for said faction. Those points are then applied to the score and depending on who's factions has the most points the maps change. It is an overall fight not any one individual mode.

HOKAI47
01-21-2017, 01:18 AM
Or use the custome games for your locked factions game.

It was not marketed in this way in the beginning, the new decision to make mixed matches was made just this summer. Thusly it would betray the entire game concept with the current system, sadly..

Faction war is not an individual game mode it is a system that tracks each players performance in online matches and depending on how well they do they score points for said faction. Those points are then applied to the score and depending on who's factions has the most points the maps change. It is an overall fight not any one individual mode.

Hence the suggestion to make it an individual mode.

You can't be mixed teams in planetside 2, yet the entire game was generally speaking a success. It would not be the end of the world if you couldn't choose who you wanted in competitive only.

No matter what happens though, I still hope to clash swords with you all in the beta :)

TheBearJew411
01-21-2017, 01:42 AM
Lets say I am a good player with the Raider, Peacekeeper, and Nobushi. Why should I be limited to being able to use only one of my three best characters. not to mention the Matchmaking nightmare you would create by trying to do this while also fracturing your player base into thirds from the start of the game. Planetside 2 is free to play and a persistent world game which you just pick a server and join in on the fight. It is not a match made system like For Honor. The matchmaking would be a nightmare for users due to long matchmaking times and I feel terrible for the guy that has to try and write the net code for that because it would be a almost impossible to do and make it work at an acceptable standard. Also the whole point of the DLC is not to spit the player base which Faction Lock in any mode will do. This may sound cool to some but I don't think you all realize the severe matchmaking and player base issues that would occur if it was ever implemented outside of a small niche mode.