PDA

View Full Version : Question about For Honor Scars confirmation email, Would greatly appreciate Ubi reply

neogeo___
01-20-2017, 04:32 AM
Earlier today this particular website ( https://scars.forhonorgame.com/en-GB/index.html ) was posted on /r/forhonor and quickly went viral. I caught it early on and signed up straight away.

Got a Beta code ( http://imgur.com/a/VR8Wd ) which I promptly redeemed by logging in to my Ubi account via the direct link given under the key.

Finally, I was redirected to a confirmation page on my web browser. ( http://imgur.com/a/4zxWD )

Seemed pretty straight forward and all done. Recently on the forhonor subreddit testimonies of users having received confirmation emails have been posted (Example from /u/PSNElimination http://imgur.com/NzeaDWo ).

Checked my email nothing is there, I didn't forget to check my spam folder.
My country is part of the supported countries mentioned on https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/faqs/000025958 so no VPN was used.
Also, I was already registered for the Closed Beta Test in the regular way before I signed up for the Scars For Honor etc. Still after all this I received an email with the title "Closed Beta: Last Chance to Register".

My question is, considering all the info and pics I shared should I be worried about not receiving a confirmation email like the many being shared on /r/forhonor ? Also, should I just disregard the "Closed Beta: Last Chance to Register" considering it part of the newsletter emails?

I would really like to receive an official reply from someone at Ubi so I can properly solve any possible issues in time and hopefully still be part of the Closed Beta.

My thanks in advance and hoping to hear from you.

Cheers,

ShuyinVardiz
01-20-2017, 04:46 AM
Welcome to the internet where nothing is true and everything is permitted! *where did I hear that before...*
Not an official, but in the meantime I can tell you there usually is no confirmation mail for SCAR beta keys.
Neither I nor many other in Discord got one. If you want to be save keep your betakey saved somewhere.

neogeo___
01-20-2017, 04:56 AM
Welcome to the internet where nothing is true and everything is permitted! *where did I hear that before...*
Not an official, but in the meantime I can tell you there usually is no confirmation mail for SCAR beta keys.
Neither I nor many other in Discord got one. If you want to be save keep your betakey saved somewhere.

Actually I did as it is already an old habit. I only crossed out the keys and my nickname from the pics I shared for obvious reasons.

So you can confirm you know ppl that signed up via Scars and got a confirmation email and ppl that didn't, right?

Pretty much the same as the sub reddit. A possible pattern does seem to appear there. It looks like only ppl that signed up for PC got confirmation emails, although not all from the testimonies. This just raises more doubts, this is why I decided to open this thread.

Still waiting for someone on console to share a proof confirmation email pic. But since this is recent it is unclear and I wouldn't be comfortable stating no console tester got a confirmation email, sure looks like it though.

ShuyinVardiz
01-20-2017, 12:55 PM
So you can confirm you know ppl that signed up via Scars and got a confirmation email and ppl that didn't, right?

I cant confirm either since I'd need to see proove to confirm anything. ^^
I can only say I've heard them talking on Discord to have recieved their key and activating it just like me, but so far I heard none saying he recieved a confirmation mail; only the line saying you are in and will recieve further information closer to the event.

MrPideGY
01-20-2017, 03:03 PM
are you receiving beta inv from that? I was in there and tried to click on those shining scars. But it was like 2 that i actually got an video from. I thought that it was just some hype thing they sent out… Well guess i missed the beta then?

Crying my eyes out :’(

ShuyinVardiz
01-20-2017, 03:06 PM
are you receiving beta inv from that? I was in there and tried to click on those shining scars. But it was like 2 that i actually got an video from. I thought that it was just some hype thing they sent out… Well guess i missed the beta then?

Crying my eyes out :’(

I am not sure but I think you can still get a key from there, just try.
When you choose a faction, keep following the line to the bottom. Then go further downwards where the line continues but no point is marked. Then there will be the offer to create your weapon. Do so and afterwards you'll get a key if there are still some left.
And if not - no worrys, there will be usual beta invite mails from Ubisoft additional to that.

neogeo___
01-20-2017, 11:31 PM
I hate to bump threads specially my own but for lack of official reply to a question I do consider to be simple and straight forward I will make an exception.

Whoever is reading this at Ubi please forward it to whomever is able to give me an answer.

Thank you very much for your time and attention.

Cheers

UbiJurassic
01-21-2017, 12:56 AM
As long as you have registered for the beta through out official outlets, you have nothing to worry about. Also, please refrain from bumping threads in the future. It is against the forum rules.

XMdead
01-21-2017, 01:29 AM
As others said, if you saved the code you are good.

The email will probably come but if it doesn't... that is when you hit the support team, and the code will be your proof if they are unresponsive.

neogeo___
01-21-2017, 01:52 PM
As long as you have registered for the beta through out official outlets, you have nothing to worry about. Also, please refrain from bumping threads in the future. It is against the forum rules.

It was not my intention to simply break to rules for no reason, also wasn't about to post a reply that didn't add to the discussion just to hypocritically hide an obvious bump, I did much rather come out clean and admit to it.

Anyway, you won't have to worry about me breaking rules as I'm not a posters that looks to stir up conflict or give the forum mods extra work specially when they have enough on their plate already.

Thank you very much for your reply and for putting me at ease in regards to this issue.

If you have the time and could explain why some users got an email while others didn't it would be very much appreciated by me and other redditors that have the same question to whom I will be linking this page as was promised to them earlier,

Again, thank you for your attention and for taking the time to reply to this thread.

Cheers,