PDA

View Full Version : "9 Playable Heroes"?

Zombiespire
01-20-2017, 02:58 AM
It's been announced that we will have 9 playable heroes, when we had 12 in the previous beta, and there doesn't seem to be any out rage about this. Judging by the provided image: http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/ForHonor/FH_Closed_Beta_Infographics.png the Shugoki, the Valkyrie, and the Lawbringer (my personal favorite), are the unlucky losers that will not be in the last For Honor beta. What connects these three? Probably their slightly (in Valkyrie's case not slight at all) overpowered nature that required some tweaking. Meanwhile the Orochi and Peacekeeper will have full freedom in the coming beta. So I can only assume the former have been completely removed for further adjustment. A quarter of our tiny roster is now missing, and knights are now arguably the weakest faction for this beta.

This is the last beta for For Honor, not to mention a deathly short one of 3 days. How do you expect us to test your game, when we can't test your new balances? Judging by the fact that you removed them, you must be aware they require adjustment, so that gives you even more incentive to have them in the game for testing. And to be honest about my personal biases I am also sad I can't play the Lawbringer, my strongest class in the previous beta, one of the few I was capable of learning. I really hope the Conqueror and Warden got their buff, otherwise it seems like Ubisoft just hate us Knights.

MisterWillow
01-20-2017, 03:41 AM
There were only 6 in the closed alpha. You're information is wrong.

He's talking about the tech test a couple weeks ago---which he really shouldn't be; NDAs, people!

https://cdn.meme.am/Instance/Preview?imageID=6365265&generatorTypeID=&panels=&text0=What%20do%20you%20think%20you%27re%20doing!% 3F&text1=That%27s%20NDA&text2=&text3=

Probably their slightly (in Valkyrie's case not slight at all) overpowered nature that required some tweaking. Meanwhile the Orochi and Peacekeeper will have full freedom in the coming beta. So I can only assume the former have been completely removed for further adjustment.

That's the most likely cause for them being locked. However, nothing says they aren't being diligently worked on as I type this and couldn't be patched in on the last day or two.

A quarter of our tiny roster is now missing, and knights are now arguably the weakest faction for this beta.

Someone's there to keep the peace *wink wink*. I wouldn't be worried... except for my axe finding you. :p

This is the last beta for For Honor, not to mention a deathly short one of 3 days. How do you expect us to test your game, when we can't test your new balances? Judging by the fact that you removed them, you must be aware they require adjustment, so that gives you even more incentive to have them in the game for testing.

Totally agree with this sentiment. I'd rather them be present and broken, so people could provide feedback on why they're broken, than have them be absent and people not get to try them out at all.

THEGODLYNESS
01-20-2017, 03:48 AM
In the faction war video at then end where it says 9 heroes. I saw the nobushi and no Shugoki. Which for me is a win. No lawbringer or valk but that's fine.

CaptainPwnet
01-20-2017, 04:04 AM
It could also mean that Shug, Valk and lawbringer are in a place they are happy with. So they would like to have more play time and feedback on the rest of the cast. Maybe some of the original characters got changes since last test that they want feedback on, who knows.

xLeapingLizardx
01-20-2017, 08:45 AM
I was pretty sad about this news too. Especially since I was sure that they were going to have all the classes in the beta (Because of all the hero videos and character bio's are released.) And because I was having dreams of finally using the Lawbringer xDD
It's all good I'll just have to wait for the main game.. I'm gonna be happy just to be able to play again anyhow.

Zombiespire
01-20-2017, 12:00 PM
It could also mean that Shug, Valk and lawbringer are in a place they are happy with. So they would like to have more play time and feedback on the rest of the cast. Maybe some of the original characters got changes since last test that they want feedback on, who knows.

That would not make any sense whatsoever. Perhaps on a class that seemed to be completely functional, such as the Raider. Not on the most controversial 3 classes of the previous beta.

Dez_troi_aR
01-20-2017, 12:40 PM
I am also angry. We can play the beta and they implement needed fixes. So they are doing their job and balance the game out before they release it. Which is good. But i am angry. Much.

ShuyinVardiz
01-20-2017, 01:13 PM
completely functional, such as the Raider

C'mon guys, I love my precious little Raider, but dont say that. They'll start to believe it and I really think the Raider is held a little bit TOO straight forward, a little bit TOO simple.

There is so much I'd like to add here, but always when typing what I want to say it only writes NDA....as if there would be something preventing me from revieling certain information...

waraidako
01-20-2017, 07:59 PM
none of hybrid class will be unlocked ( Nobushi , Lawbringer and Valkyrie are the Hybrid class )

Nobushi will be there, she's replacing the Shugoki.

BananaBlighter
01-20-2017, 09:35 PM
While it is unfortunate, I've got no need to complain. I was planning on maining the Orochi, the Peacekeeper and the Nobushi, and all three are going to be in the Beta.

Orisoll
01-21-2017, 09:54 AM
That kinda sucks, I was hoping to try out the lawbringer.

Dark-Thomy
01-21-2017, 07:46 PM
Quite a surprise ! Yeah..

But at least there's the Nobushi.