PDA

View Full Version : Loyal fan for nothing

Sallimar
01-20-2017, 01:16 AM
Signed up and supporting this game since the day it was announced. Followed every update and watched everything. I pre-ordered it and everything (mistake). Never been given an alpha key, or absolutely any benefit at all. Now, I live in the US and because of where I live I can't sign up for a beta key through scars or whatever. Loyal fan for prob 2 years and nothing. No cosmetics, discounts, or anything. You didn't even update your news feed for like a year. Finally a final beta and you make it closed and based on luck unless of course you don't live in the right region. I would have lost nothing at all if I would have learned about this game a day before it came out. I know overall this is dumb, but its just frustrating how little they care. I mean they already released news about DLC when the game isn't even finished. Even though it was announced forever ago! Just want more money right! Why do I keep trying to like ubisoft!

mrmojorisin316
01-20-2017, 01:33 AM
VPN is your friend. Get Hola for Chrome, set it to UK, and get on the Scars site no prob. Then go to http://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/beta-redeem/ to redeem the code you get from Scars. Instead of complaining, take action. That's what a real warrior would do, right?

CaptainPwnet
01-20-2017, 01:34 AM
Supposed DLC news was leaked, not released. Big difference there. So why are you whining if you realize it's stupid and how do you know they don't care? Because you haven't been showered with gifts and promotions for being a loyal fan even though you were in no way shape or form promised anything? You made the choice to preorder which you didn't have to at all and honestly with how vague and incomplete the information on what preordering gets you is, I don't know why you would. Not to mention beta invites for the upcoming test haven't even been sent out and you are already whining?

So why are you whining for your own faults and trying to blame UBI for what is again your own faults? Not to mention if you really did care you could have easily asked on these very forums or reddit or wherever if anyone who was in one of the tests had an extra friend invite. But instead you chose to be lazy and are now complaining about it?

neogeo___
01-20-2017, 02:34 AM
Can I complain for never being able to sign up for Ubisoft Reward Programs for being outside the US?

TBH I understand why the OP would be frustrated for not being able to sign up for a guaranteed beta key via the Scars event, personally I was genuinely surprised NA couldn't be part of this.

But I still find it extremely distasteful to complain about this considering that normally it's always the other way around, everyone that is outside the US is left out of most rewards and contests for prizes and when the opposite happens reddit and official forums get flooded with complains. From where I'm sitting it's actually nice not to be left out, as per usual.

Don't mean to be THAT guy that says "now you know how we feel most of the time", nor start a conflict. Just pointing out facts.
Hopefully you will get in the Beta or be gifted a key if you don't. Personal advice, subscribe to the /r/forhonor on reddit and lurk around to know when ppl start getting their keys, if you didn't get yours by then there will be a "Key Sharing Megathread" as there was in the Alpha, pretty sure you can get a key from one of the many users that will be generously gifting theirs to whomever needs one.

Cheers and GL

Eirmund
01-20-2017, 02:37 AM
Being a fan simply means you like something alot. Why should you be entitled to anything for being a fan? I can understand your frustration, but you shouldn't think you deserve anything just because you let Ubisoft know that you're a fan. If you had donated money to support the games development, that would be one thing.

What I don't agree with is a Closed Beta giving away things. Everyone should have an equal chance to earn rewards, it's not our fault if Ubisoft doesn't invite us to the Beta. We all like rewards, you know. Again, it'd be one thing if it was a reward for donating money to support the project.

iHunny
01-20-2017, 02:39 AM
Scars seems to be a way for people to get hold of a key, its not garanteed a key but its a way to possible get one.

https://scars.forhonorgame.com

neogeo___
01-20-2017, 02:42 AM
What is this Scars thing? Did something happen with the beta? Is it not for US players anymore or something?

The For Honor Scars is a interactive game teaser website that gifts players with beta keys that guarantee you access to the upcoming Closed Beta, keys are limited and will eventually run out as mentioned on the FAQ section of the Scars website, this event is not available in NA.

Use this link to be part of it: https://scars.forhonorgame.com/en-GB/index.html

Also here is a detailed list of the supported countries: https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/faqs/000025958

Hope this helped.

Cheers and GL,

neogeo___
01-20-2017, 02:56 AM
Still not a valid reason to exclude such a large market though. Especially since they are generally a primary benefactor. Kind of a big f-you

Hence saying that I was genuinely surprised NA couldn't be part of this.

Anyway if you feel like that what is the rest of the world as far as market size goes when there are constant US only reward programs and events ? I'm honestly curious.

I get the frustration believe me, I feel it all the time on reddit reading about awesome contests that I can't be a part of. Still find it extremely selfish and distasteful to complain and be outraged as many ppl are when for once it happens the other way around.

Chill, you will probably be gifted a key from one of us on reddit if you ask politely keep your eyes out for when users start being mailed their keys, as it was in the Alpha. The community over there has been awesome and extremely mature, respecful of NDA and others, always willing to help out and reply to everyone.

Take my advice or leave it. It's up to you.

Anyway Cheers and GL

UbiNoty
01-20-2017, 03:54 AM
Hello! While scars is only available in certain regions, that doesn't mean you have any less of a chance at getting into the beta! Just make sure you're registered on our site (http://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-US/register/index.aspx)! This is going to be a pretty big beta so your chances are still good! :D

CaptGhostDoge
01-20-2017, 06:36 AM
Hello! While scars is only available in certain regions, that doesn't mean you have any less of a chance at getting into the beta! Just make sure you're registered on our site (http://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-US/register/index.aspx)! This is going to be a pretty big beta so your chances are still good! :D

Is it possible for a double up chance?

Like if you get a code from the scars website, and then get email for beta, does that mean you just have an extra code to pass out?

PowerSenpai
01-20-2017, 12:34 PM
Being a fan does not entitle you to beta keys, cosmetics or other exclusive rewards imo

FredEx919
01-20-2017, 05:04 PM
Sorry you feel that way Sallimar. Would be nice to have everyone playing in every event, but it's just not possible. This event will be bigger in terms of participants, so lets just hope you get an invite next week. If not, check back here as there will be plenty of players willing to offer a friend invite.

CaptGhostDoge
01-20-2017, 05:52 PM
So people who get keys will get extras to give to friends?

Ones who got selected for the beta, yes.

Ones who got the Scars Keys, IIRC, no.

But yeah, there are plenty who said they'll give away keys.

waraidako
01-20-2017, 08:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yScewcIL0aM

Sallimar
01-20-2017, 08:03 PM
Sorry you feel that way Sallimar. Would be nice to have everyone playing in every event, but it's just not possible. This event will be bigger in terms of participants, so lets just hope you get an invite next week. If not, check back here as there will be plenty of players willing to offer a friend invite.

You really are a good moderator! Sorry im such a pessimist. Sorry about the post if I could take it down I would.