PDA

View Full Version : A bug and question about V-1

Valathar
03-19-2004, 09:00 PM
I have created a mission on where a V-1 is launched near a forest area, the thing go on air and then you hear the sound of the rocket to go away until it stop and you still hear it, so I move the camera to track the sound and I discover that the sound get "traped" in the area like if the V-1 is overing there but of course it is on travel.

My question about is how or why it make that sound that looks like a 60-70 science fiction film UFO?, I tought it should sound like a rocket.

Valathar
03-19-2004, 09:00 PM
I have created a mission on where a V-1 is launched near a forest area, the thing go on air and then you hear the sound of the rocket to go away until it stop and you still hear it, so I move the camera to track the sound and I discover that the sound get "traped" in the area like if the V-1 is overing there but of course it is on travel.

My question about is how or why it make that sound that looks like a 60-70 science fiction film UFO?, I tought it should sound like a rocket.

VW-IceFire
03-19-2004, 09:01 PM
There is a reason why the V-1 got nicknamed the "Buzz Bomb".

http://home.cogeco.ca/~cczerneda/sigs/temp_sig1.jpg
RCAF 412 Falcon Squadron - "Swift to Avenge"

Valathar
03-19-2004, 09:05 PM
Ok, but what is the principle of that noise?, an air filter/silencer?

Angelus897
03-19-2004, 09:48 PM
It makes that sound because it's a ramjet engine.

Here's a definition:
A ramjet has no moving parts and achieves compression of intake air by the forward speed of the air vehicle. The expansion of hot gases after fuel injection and combustion accelerates the exhaust air to a velocity higher than that at the inlet and creates positive push.

BfHeFwMe
03-20-2004, 12:02 AM
Negative, it was a pulse jet, hense the noise. Ram jets have never have the ability to launch on their own power. The noise you hear is the fuel being pulsed and detonating in the burn chamber at a very high rate of frequency. The exhaust therefore pulses to the same frequency making the weird noise, it's very realistic.