PDA

View Full Version : Gender Options for All Characters (Multiplayer)

CamoFlash7
01-19-2017, 04:57 PM
Just wondering, is there a male and female version of every character in the game?

I recently heard a rumor that each faction will have 2 unisex classes, 1 male class and 1 female class.

I want to know, is this true? Or will there be stuff like Female Shugokis and Male Peacekeepers and what not?

I'd love for the game to be fair to everyone and have more customization options. If there is, please let me know.

iHunny
01-19-2017, 05:00 PM
6 of the 12 classes is gender locked. The male classes are Lawbringer, Warlord and Shugoki. Female ones are Peacekeeper, Valkyrie and Nobushi.

Dez_troi_aR
01-19-2017, 05:06 PM
6 of the 12 classes is gender locked. The male classes are Lawbringer, Warlord and Shugoki. Female ones are Peacekeeper, Valkyrie and Nobushi.

Exactly. Now lets all take a deep breath, accept that it's what it is for the moment, not have another 7 page discussion about lazy developers and sexism, be nice to each other and continue the hype :D ;)

CamoFlash7
01-19-2017, 05:13 PM
Exactly. Now lets all take a deep breath, accept that it's what it is for the moment, not have another 7 page discussion about lazy developers and sexism, be nice to each other and continue the hype :D ;)

Lol? No one said anything about doing that...

I just wanted to know for sure, that's all...

Dez_troi_aR
01-19-2017, 05:51 PM
Lol? No one said anything about doing that...

I just wanted to know for sure, that's all...

just speaking from experience here, dude :D

CamoFlash7
01-19-2017, 05:56 PM
just speaking from experience here, dude :D

I know lol, I've seen that kind of thing around here before. I'm not one of them though.

Lei_Date
01-19-2017, 09:40 PM

ok I can understand some of the thinking here if we go by facts and lore's such odin's battle maiden the Valkyrie or the samurai Nobushi as in feudal japan woman often train in the Naginata to counter the male reach advance. other cases trying to make an class for bother gender be tricky in case of the Shugoki as for the woman would like she had to go thou a lot of gene spicing to look close to there male counter part

Lei_Date
01-19-2017, 09:41 PM

ok I can understand some of the thinking here if we go by facts and lore's such odin's battle maiden the Valkyrie or the samurai Nobushi as in feudal japan woman often train in the Naginata to counter the male reach advance. other cases trying to make an class for bother gender be tricky in case of the Shugoki as for the woman would like she had to go thou a lot of gene spicing to look close to there male counter part

CamoFlash7
01-19-2017, 09:59 PM

True...

Oh well, no Male Peacekeeper or Nobushi action for me then...

I still got the Warden or Orochi to go for anyway. :)

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Lei_Date
01-19-2017, 10:02 PM
True...

Oh well, no Male Peacekeeper or Nobushi action for me then...

I still got the Warden or Orochi to go for anyway. :)

Thanks for the feedback guys!
I normally do not play female classes but this different type of game so I still play the nobushi plus I love the naginata

iHunny
01-19-2017, 10:15 PM
I love female fighters so much I tend to go female when I can chose. At start I had no interest in the male only classes at all but after seeing more about the Shhugoki and Warlord I think I will play them some, perhapes even endup maining one. However, at the moment the Valkyrie seems the most interesting to me.

Lei_Date
01-19-2017, 10:21 PM
I more into having fun with the class in game like this then over if it male or female not like we can have an female fighter go around in something like an bikini just saying so in the end more on enjoying the class then if it male or female

CamoFlash7
01-19-2017, 10:23 PM
I normally do not play female classes but this different type of game so I still play the nobushi plus I love the naginata

That's cool! :)

I just like to play as the same gender in games as I am in real life, to avoid 'catfish' issues.

But heck, this is a hack and slash tactical fighting game, what kind of 'catfish' stuff can come from that?

Lei_Date
01-19-2017, 10:32 PM
this not like "World of Warcraft" so I dough be any catfish cases going on should they make an player lounge where people pick on mine self go to as an Nobushi talking to other players as whatever and hanging out in between the fighting then I can see an catfish case coming up but other then that come for the hack and slash head home like bell kun from "is it wrong to pick up girl from an dungeon" esp 1 after his first minotaur run in lol

CamoFlash7
01-20-2017, 12:26 AM
this not like "World of Warcraft" so I dough be any catfish cases going on should they make an player lounge where people pick on mine self go to as an Nobushi talking to other players as whatever and hanging out in between the fighting then I can see an catfish case coming up but other then that come for the hack and slash head home like bell kun from "is it wrong to pick up girl from an dungeon" esp 1 after his first minotaur run in lol

My thoughts exactly.

I just hoped I could play as a Male Knight Assassin class, that's all.

My particular alternatives would be the Warden or Orochi, although the Peacekeeper was like a mix between the two, a Knight, and an Assassin class, which by the way I love to play as.

I mean, you have to admit, a Male Peacekeeper/Nobushi would be pretty sweet, am I right? (Or am I the only one that thinks this? :()

MisterWillow
01-20-2017, 03:50 AM
I just hoped I could play as a Male Knight Assassin class, that's all.

I've got a similar opinion.

Give me a female Warlord, Ubi....

https://media.giphy.com/media/PK5CQPd6rCF3y/giphy.gif

MathiasCB
01-20-2017, 03:53 AM
I've got a similar opinion.

Give me a female Warlord, Ubi....

https://media.giphy.com/media/PK5CQPd6rCF3y/giphy.gif

Femzerk and Femlord, Best Femcombo.

Avlaen
01-21-2017, 09:58 PM
+1 and female lawbringer maybe? :P

CamoFlash7
01-21-2017, 10:08 PM
+1 and female lawbringer maybe? :P

Of course! I mean, who said women can't be epicly armoured knights wielding poleaxes? Some females may want to play a brute class too, not always the agile assassin. (At least I think so :p)

Fair Genders for all players would be awesome! :)

CamoFlash7
01-21-2017, 10:16 PM
Of course! I mean, who said women can't be epicly armoured knights wielding poleaxes? Some females may want to play a brute class too, not always the agile assassin. (At least I think so :p)

Fair Genders for all players would be awesome! :)

Wait, hold up a second.

The official For Honor Website now has a page that's called 'For Honor Battle Tips', and in the Customization Tutorial for Novices, it shows that the Peacekeeper actually does have a Gender change option, if you watch closely in the video.

The showcase doesn't show the feature off directly though, but the option is briefly shown there.

Does this mean, I'M IN LUCK (or rather all of us)? :D

If it is actually so, I will be extremely happy that I can play as my favourite class type (Assassin), with my favourite faction (as of now, Knights) and as a Male too. That'd be awesome!

Even if it isn't, I hope they implement it later.

Cause if it doesn't, I'll have to be a Warden playing an Assassin's role (which wouldn't work, because the Warden is a Vanguard class), or an Orochi pretending to be a Knight... :p

CamoFlash7
01-21-2017, 10:20 PM
(Reposted the above message because it glitched for some reason...)

(I apologise for any inconveniences caused.)

Yuulaw
01-22-2017, 09:39 AM
Yes.. lets not let the warlord have a female form, cuz shield maidens would be too historical (but lets have a massive snusnu raider). Damn Hollywood vikings T.T almost made me ditch the game entirely honestly (would've if it wasnt a present)..

Velociraptorius
01-23-2017, 09:13 AM
I wish they swapped the Raider and the Warlord, making Raider the male only class. Historically, shield maidens were a thing, so it would make sense to have a female viking with a sword and shield. A giant two handed axe, though? You need immense upper body strength to be effective with those things, which females generally lack compared to males.

Yuulaw
01-23-2017, 09:29 AM
I wish they swapped the Raider and the Warlord, making Raider the male only class. Historically, shield maidens were a thing, so it would make sense to have a female viking with a sword and shield. A giant two handed axe, though? You need immense upper body strength to be effective with those things, which females generally lack compared to males.

This guy- this guy gets me :D no more death by snusnu!

CamoFlash7
01-23-2017, 10:43 AM
This guy- this guy gets me :D no more death by snusnu!

I agree with you guys, only thing is, they did say that the game wasn't going to be historically accurate.

They should make every class have Male and Female options.

CamoFlash7
01-23-2017, 01:42 PM
Here is a screenshot of what I am talking about: http://i.imgur.com/7lYx5eah.jpg

This is from the official video on For Honor Battle Tips.

SournoisFox
01-23-2017, 01:52 PM
Here is a screenshot of what I am talking about: http://i.imgur.com/7lYx5eah.jpg

This is from the official video on For Honor Battle Tips.

I think that the "Traits" menu is universal for every character, meaning that even the gender-locked classes are going to have it.

CamoFlash7
02-26-2017, 03:43 PM
I think that the "Traits" menu is universal for every character, meaning that even the gender-locked classes are going to have it.

You're right. Whenever I enter it, I see only the female option available. The male option is also there, but unselectable.

teksuo1
02-26-2017, 04:33 PM
having a male peacekeeper would be good for business. would feel like the rogue in wow somewhat.

CamoFlash7
02-26-2017, 04:42 PM
having a male peacekeeper would be good for business. would feel like the rogue in wow somewhat.

Yeah... sadly they don't seem to be adding these options to the game...