PDA

View Full Version : Nobushi what type/class is he/she?

keizersozer
01-18-2017, 01:36 PM
hey guys,

I just saw the video on the Nobushi:

https://youtu.be/cnW0XHX5dgk

compare to the other videos I have no clue what role he will be playing.
the only think I can think of is an "assassin" class.
- low health since they don't user armor
- huge damage dealer with long range weapon with the naginata

what you guys think?

iHunny
01-18-2017, 01:40 PM
Vanguard Assassin hybrid, so mobility with long melee range perhaps. Think it will have good sidestep with perhaps lashing and retreating strikes. Other then that I am not sure.

Orisoll
01-18-2017, 01:48 PM
Because of the unnecessary gender lock, all Nobushis are shes.

Lei_Date
01-21-2017, 08:29 PM
I think of them as warrior nuns and sent in federal japan woman did often use the naginata to counter male reach adventive

feuerundblut
01-22-2017, 07:38 AM
I guess Nobushis are the pendants of knight's Peacekeepers in terms of class and gender. They are agile, little health, do less damage but have more dodging power. This is my guess.

As for gender locking, I am not sure they are but in case it is actually true, well, Ubi sticked to japanese lore then cause Naginata, their weapon, was almost exclusively used by women during the middle ages.

The4ngryLem0n
01-22-2017, 09:27 AM
The nobushi hybrid will likely be an assassin/tank hybrid. As described on the website, they will have little health but good zone control, the longest attack range, a faster revive, and other support feats. Likely, they will be a lightly armored defense unit that uses their range to keep enemies at bay. Classes like the assassins can afford to have little health because their speed means they can run away. Without an assassin's running speed, the nobushi risks getting ambushed and overwhelmed playing offensively. Playing defensively, they can use their weapon to attack from a distance.

As for what they are, they're not nuns. The way the video describes them is almost identical to onna bugeisha. They were a type of Samurai composed of females who would defend their villages and homes while the men were away. They mainly used the naginata as they needed the most versatile weapon possible.

WinterHt
01-22-2017, 11:12 AM
Nobushi is a "Hybrid".

Assassin + Vanguard hybrid in her case.

So she probably has Assassin like traits of low health, high speed and agility, as well as Vanguard like traits such as wide swings, good reach, being good vs crowds of minions and good guardbreaks.

What is shared so far on hybrids is that:
- Nobushi is Assassin + Vanguard
- Valkyrie is Assassin + Heavy
- Lawbringer is Vanguard + Heavy

The rest, we'll have to wait and see. While other two Hybrids won't be available in Beta, Nobushi will be available, so less than a week to find out now :P.

Lei_Date
01-22-2017, 10:54 PM
I look forward to playing as an Nobushi and seeing what she can do so I am deeply thrilled for honor and to play even thou I signed to be an Samurai yelling BONZAI! lol the Valkyrie look just as fun