PDA

View Full Version : Skipping Memory Sequences

JoseAltuve27
01-18-2017, 11:54 AM
So, I've recently bought the Assassin's Creed Humble Bundle offer and it is my first time playing the Assassin's Creed on PC (Yep, I know this is the Console Thread, but I felt like the majority of the AC player base is here, leading me to ask here.) I'm quite enjoying the very first AC game but I kept missing portions of the Memory Sequences including the blue ones. Is it ok to do that? Will it affect my understanding of the story somehow? Thanks btw.

Sigma 1313
01-18-2017, 01:50 PM
Welcome to the forums! Hope you're enjoying AC1 so far. The story is good, but it gets repetitive.

So every sequence (bar 1 and 7) have the same basic layout. Altair and Al Mualim discuss something at Masyaf, Altair goes to city, completes missions, kills target.

So the first 6 white bits of the sequence are the initial gathering intel (these can be done in any order, only 3 are mandatory). You have a "Knowledge" mission, which is reporting to the Rafiq and being given permission to kill your target (This is Mandatory), then you have the assassination (mandatory). Finally (assuming this sequence doesn't have any twists), you have the 2 blue bars. These are completely optional and are for reaching every viewpoint and save citizen. They really don't help that much, but it does give you more health very quickly.

At the end of the 7 main sequence you have the optional sequence which has the data on your flag collection in each city, the kingdom, total templars killed (special enemy type), and kingdom viewpoints.

Of the main missions that you can miss, only one has anything of any importance. Even that is completely throw away unless you know to look for it. One Assassin asks Altair how Adha is. Adha is a woman that Altair fell in love with prior to AC1, and died in his arms. He went on a bit of a killing spree afterwards.

Besides that, you could also miss the Lucy conversations, which add a lot to the story. Once you complete a sequence and are ejected from the animus, wait for Warren Vidic (the old guy) to leave the room and go talk to Lucy. She usually has 2 or 3 things to say, and when she's done, the door will open.

Furthermore, at one point Warren will stand facing a window drinking coffee. You can steal his computer password and use it at night. Lot's of good stuff there.

Note that in AC2, ACB, and AC3 there are conversations and hidden things to be found in the modern day too, and it's definitely worth exploring, along with several side missions you'll be introduced to.

Also, I put together a list of missions in a timeline that helps make sense of the story and history of the games. It's really useful for AC3 and ACU, and gives some interesting background that sets up the game. You can find it below, but there are spoilers.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_wz25dQyQRtNH-TlJ_curDXoyXKNkwWuaLXCWfNTy6o