PDA

View Full Version : Why people judge: A safe way for discussion

Eon233
01-17-2017, 10:27 PM
This needs to be said by all fans of games and especially fans of this upcoming game. People throughout these threads are depressing and push their comments out in a not very good way. Everyone is complaining about always online and p2p servers and while these concerns are justified certain people do this in a very negative and hateful way. They do always online due to piracy problems and from a business standpoint is a very hard thing to deal with. Always online allows them to essentially make it nonexistent so that they can make maximum profits and not have their product stolen. P2P is used by things such as COD and foremost in the alpha it worked out. They have said it's going to be a fully fleshed out hybrid architecture that will allow everyone fair play. We should honestly be critiquing the game but also puttin out suggestions. People are using the alphas problems as problem that are going to be in the FULL GAME INDEFINITELY! That's wrong. It was the first major test for their systems and from what I hear its was overly positive with, of course like any new system, had problems. But being overly negative doesn't fix anything. They have had more than 5 months to fix the alphas issues and proceed further with the development. These forums should be a place for safe discussion, not overly negative and hurtful comments. This thread is going to be that. Anyone can show their opinion but also show some ideas to help this game because we are all here to have this game succeed and give feedback.

DBLxxShotz
01-18-2017, 12:47 AM
This needs to be said by all fans of games and especially fans of this upcoming game. People throughout these threads are depressing and push their comments out in a not very good way. Everyone is complaining about always online and p2p servers and while these concerns are justified certain people do this in a very negative and hateful way. They do always online due to piracy problems and from a business standpoint is a very hard thing to deal with. Always online allows them to essentially make it nonexistent so that they can make maximum profits and not have their product stolen. P2P is used by things such as COD and foremost in the alpha it worked out. They have said it's going to be a fully fleshed out hybrid architecture that will allow everyone fair play. We should honestly be critiquing the game but also puttin out suggestions. People are using the alphas problems as problem that are going to be in the FULL GAME INDEFINITELY! That's wrong. It was the first major test for their systems and from what I hear its was overly positive with, of course like any new system, had problems. But being overly negative doesn't fix anything. They have had more than 5 months to fix the alphas issues and proceed further with the development. These forums should be a place for safe discussion, not overly negative and hurtful comments. This thread is going to be that. Anyone can show their opinion but also show some ideas to help this game because we are all here to have this game succeed and give feedback.

The piracy excuse is a bunch of bs! By making it online only your going to cut into your sales anyway by excluding a portion of the gaming community.

Eon233
01-18-2017, 01:16 AM
It's not. Many people have done it and most people won't play this game if they don't have a connection. This is mostly a multiplayer game and this most people aren't buying it just for single player

Eirmund
01-18-2017, 03:10 AM
To some extent, I get disliking a game considered Always Online. I don't personally like it. But I also don't understand to massive complaining. There are tons of games out there that are Only Online and people play the S*** out of them.

Final Fantasy XIV, DOTA, World of Warcraft, League of Legends, Smite, basically any MMO or MOBA or Multiplayer game on computer.

Now you can't say, "Oh, but most of those are Free-to-Play, I didn't spend money on it and..." Blah, blah, blah. People spend MORE money on games like World of Warcraft and Dota and League than they'll spend on For Honor. So what's the real reason?

ShuyinVardiz
01-18-2017, 04:45 AM
To some extent, I get disliking a game considered Always Online. I don't personally like it. But I also don't understand to massive complaining. There are tons of games out there that are Only Online and people play the S*** out of them.

Final Fantasy XIV, DOTA, World of Warcraft, League of Legends, Smite, basically any MMO or MOBA or Multiplayer game on computer.

Now you can't say, "Oh, but most of those are Free-to-Play, I didn't spend money on it and..." Blah, blah, blah. People spend MORE money on games like World of Warcraft and Dota and League than they'll spend on For Honor. So what's the real reason?

I think you misunderstand why these games are always online.
They are multiplayergames. They cant even be played offline because there is nothing besides that. Playing WoW offline would be called Warcraft 3. And moba's only offer bots for some basic practicing.

Besides that, I dont really care For Honor always requires an online connection even for campaign or whatever.

Eon233
01-18-2017, 05:30 AM
They are multiplayergames. They cant even be played offline because there is nothing besides that. Playing WoW offline would be called Warcraft 3. And moba's only offer bots for some basic practicing.

Besides that, I dont really care For Honor always requires an online connection even for campaign or whatever.
When people say, "I buy COD for the single player because I don't have live or psn or etc." I look at them weird since CODs main focus is their multiplayer not the single player. Last good one imo was Ghosts. Anyway it's understandable why people don't like it because it's single player might be great or your power turns off, etc but people have said that it worked for them offline so IDK anymore. People were pissed there was no split screen. That isn't a Ubisoft idea. That's literally a Microsoft idea because they did that with halo 5 which was STUPID! Also there is no coop campaign and split screen is usually not an added feature these days which makes couch gaming a thing in the past sadly

Eon233
01-18-2017, 05:31 AM
I have spent probably over $1000 on smite so LOLOL

Eirmund
01-18-2017, 05:31 AM

I don't misunderstand why they're always online at all. The point is that the only reason people dislike Online Only games is because they spent money to get them, but the games i've listed are also Online Only and you also spend money on them. Not everyone, but alot do. If i'm wrong, them someone please tell me. I'd like to hear what you have to say.

And you also support my point. For Honor is considered an Multiplayer Game, thus it falls into your reasoning why For Honor and other games like WoW and MOBAs are Online Only games.

Fotgki13
01-18-2017, 12:35 PM
i AM A PLAYER OF THE OLD SCHOOL.I PREFER PLAY WITH FRIENDS NEXT TO ME AND THATS WHY I PLAY ONLY SPORTS GAMES LIKE FIFA AND NBA 2K AND BECAUSE I DONT HAVE PLENTY OF TIME TO DO THAT.I WAS ALSO ONE THAT BE DISSAPOINTED THAT FOR HONOR WILL BE ONLY ONLINE AND WITHOUT SPLIT SCREEN.
ALTHOUGH I WILL PLAY FOR HONOR AND PROBABLY I WILL BUY THIS GAME BUT I MUST SAY THAT I DONT UNDERSTAND AS A COSUMER WHY I CANNOT TAKE MY CONSOLE TO ANOTHER HOUSE AND PLAY WITH MY FRIENDS DRINK BEERS ETC.
SOME OF MY FRIENDS DONT HAVE INTERNET CONNECTION.MAYBE IT SOUNDS STRANGE BUT THATS THE TRUTH.
THATS MY THOUGHTS AND PROBABLY I DONT WAIT FOR ANSWERS FROM THE COMPANIES.
HAVE FUN AND A NEW YEAR WITH HEALTH FOR EVERYONE

ShuyinVardiz
01-18-2017, 12:48 PM
I don't misunderstand why they're always online at all. The point is that the only reason people dislike Online Only games is because they spent money to get them, but the games i've listed are also Online Only and you also spend money on them. Not everyone, but alot do. If i'm wrong, them someone please tell me. I'd like to hear what you have to say.

And you also support my point. For Honor is considered an Multiplayer Game, thus it falls into your reasoning why For Honor and other games like WoW and MOBAs are Online Only games.

Ah okay, I misunderstood your point there.

Just by the way, I probably spent a few thousand bucks on World of Warcraft too and dont play it any longer. Community isnt THAT salty, but hell'a childish.

topeira1980
01-18-2017, 04:29 PM
I got the idea that the reason the game is always online is because even in SP you unlock things for the MP portion as you play. if that is the case than UBI wouldnt want players cheating their way to get these things (steel\loot).

in any case - if you are bothered by the always online thing in a MP focused game than it's either one of the two reasons:
1) you want to pirate the game and only play the campaign.
2) you want to pay 60$ to only play the campaign.

between the two - i think i understand the first reason more than the second. i dont condone piracy, but paying 60$ for what obviously is going to be a crappy campaign just seems like an idiotic idea :P i mean, this is sure to be a short, shallow, once-and-done campaign with poor story, crap characters and gameplay that was taken from the MP but doesnt work well in a campaign. the campaign is going to be really lackluster and im calling it right now.
If you think you wanted to buy the game and because the always-online you are not going to - say thanks and count your blessing cuz UBI did you a favor by making you not buy it.

if the reviews about the campaign are really good than come back and protest about it, but i have a feeling you wont be doing that ;)

vertigomonkey
01-18-2017, 04:50 PM
i AM A PLAYER OF THE OLD SCHOOL.I PREFER PLAY WITH FRIENDS NEXT TO ME AND THATS WHY I PLAY ONLY SPORTS GAMES LIKE FIFA AND NBA 2K AND BECAUSE I DONT HAVE PLENTY OF TIME TO DO THAT.I WAS ALSO ONE THAT BE DISSAPOINTED THAT FOR HONOR WILL BE ONLY ONLINE AND WITHOUT SPLIT SCREEN.
ALTHOUGH I WILL PLAY FOR HONOR AND PROBABLY I WILL BUY THIS GAME BUT I MUST SAY THAT I DONT UNDERSTAND AS A COSUMER WHY I CANNOT TAKE MY CONSOLE TO ANOTHER HOUSE AND PLAY WITH MY FRIENDS DRINK BEERS ETC.
SOME OF MY FRIENDS DONT HAVE INTERNET CONNECTION.MAYBE IT SOUNDS STRANGE BUT THATS THE TRUTH.
THATS MY THOUGHTS AND PROBABLY I DONT WAIT FOR ANSWERS FROM THE COMPANIES.
HAVE FUN AND A NEW YEAR WITH HEALTH FOR EVERYONE

It wasn't an arbitrary decision for them to pull couch co-op out of the game. In software development, the final product rarely turns out to be exactly what was originally sketched out. Once you get into the actual development, you can hit a wall where you realize a feature will take considerably more time to complete than you expected, or you suddenly have to refactor everything you did up to that point to actually make it work they way you want. I'm assuming they hit such a wall with the couch co-op feature and either didn't have the budget to pursue it, or would have delayed the game significantly. It could even have been a situation where the development team wanted to still implement the feature, but the publisher made the call to cut it. If they needed to prioritize between really polishing the online multiplayer experience that will be the bulk of their business versus adding in couch co-op and leaving the online multiplayer rough around the edges, that is a pretty easy decision for them to make. It sucks, but I can understand why it happened.