PDA

View Full Version : For Honor pc game-Keyboard/Console pad?

Maximus-3-
01-17-2017, 07:55 PM
There is many of you guys who have all ready tried out this game all ready. What do you guys recomend to use? And explain why Keyboard or Console pad is better to use?

Thanks for any answer and have a good evening :)

ShuyinVardiz
01-17-2017, 08:01 PM
Always get recommended to play gamepad. I'd recommend you to use so too as it has a more detailled controle of movement especially for guardbreaks, but I myself use mouse and keyboard and dont intend to change that.

iHunny
01-17-2017, 08:17 PM
I used the gamepad since it felt better for me. However, I heard "and think" reacting to guardbreaking will be easier on Keyboard cos you do not have to move your thumb from the thumbstick to guradbreak button.

UbiJurassic
01-18-2017, 12:37 AM
I've used a Xbox One controller so far. Might have to give keyboard/mouse a try though, so don't wail on me too hard. ;)

Fatal-Feit
01-18-2017, 04:08 AM
At the moment, mouse and keyboard is objectively better for two reasons. The first is most important and that is quicker stance switching. Controllers unfortunately currently has a dead zone, which I hope they remove. The second can be remedied if you own an X1 Elite controller like I do, and it's having access to dodge, feint and guardbreaks without letting go of stance control.

The others are pretty small improvements, like specific keys for emotes and stuff.

ShuyinVardiz
01-18-2017, 04:39 AM
The mouse sometimes switches stances mistakely as it has no default position, thus every movement based on how sensitive its set, can affect your stance. Caused me to get hit sometimes even though blocking correctly just because my mouse either got reflected and from this changed my stance or FH interpreted a short movement into another direction too fast and changed it based on that. It doesnt happen too often and with a bit practice can be reduced to a minimum ofc, but its an annoying thing.

But as said, I too consider guardbreaking easier this way.

Fatal-Feit
01-18-2017, 07:11 AM
I had that issue in the alpha, but it was completely gone for me in the tech test, and I always set the sensitivity to max. Although, I always use high sensitivity for slight tilts, so maybe I'm used to not making that mistake. I also only used m&k for a few hours, so perhaps I needed more time with it.

DraxeI
01-18-2017, 07:17 AM
I've also heard real good things about the Xbox Elite Controller.
You can adjust the deadzone AND the extra paddles on the back works wonders for guardbreaking and feinting as you don't have to move your fingers, you just have to react by squeezing the controller.

Still, I agree that mouse & keyboard works wonders!