PDA

View Full Version : Would you like more customization to player VS AI matches?

topeira1980
01-17-2017, 06:46 PM
Since there is no real co-op mode in FH than i wish we could have at least got a deeper customization options for the "Player vs AI" option in the game.
So those will be regular matches of Dominion or Elimination with more options, like
1) the option to Allocated less Heroes than 4 to the Players team and more than 4 heroes to the AI team (maybe up to 6 or 7?)
2) AI difficulty - Since, in theory, the AI could act like the perfect player who never misses a parry, or like the most noobish one who cant block at all, in theory we should be able to select AI difficulty in the settings.
3) Escalating AI difficulty and numbers - so if a match starts against 4 AIs on easy difficulty but after a victory the AI rises to 4 AIs on medium, and if they are beaten then the next match is 5 AIs on medium, and if they are beaten than its 5AIs on HARD, and if they are beaten than 6 AIs, 3 on HARD and 3 on Very hard etc etc. It will be sort of like a "WAVE MODE" but one that leans more on the mechanics that are already proven to work.

Would people like such a feature?
Do you think it would be a good enough IDEA to grant challenges to those who want to play only with friends against un-even AI team for greater challenge?

ShuyinVardiz
01-17-2017, 06:58 PM
Beyond campaign and practicing moves on them I dont really care for the quality of the AI and modes surrounding them.
Its a pvp focused game and I'd prefer not to have more time then really necessary spend on them. Match them with the
strength of players leaving a running game to keep it as fair as possible, thats all I need.

Dez_troi_aR
01-17-2017, 07:29 PM
I would like to have customization options for Bot behaviour in training matches, so i can learn how to counter specific attacks i struggle with.

From what alpha players tell, the bots can be a real challange up to a point where they are more difficult to beat than human opponents (and that includes players who have around 200 hours of playtime, from what starplayers tell). So you do not really need 5 of them to make it a challenge.
If someone would have fun slaughtering a wave of easy bots, why not ? Its just not for me. I also think that is basically what the campaign will be, if you adjust the difficulty.

But yes, i would like to have more customization (and information, for a start) concerning the training mode.

topeira1980
01-17-2017, 08:58 PM
I am getting the feeling you guys are missing the potential of this.

Saying FH is mainly a MP game is like saying Gear of War is mainly an MP game, forgetting the horde mode people love so much.

Think how nice it could be playing with one or 2 friends against rounds after rounds of increasingly hard odds of Dominion or elimination - but not against 10 mindless enemies (since the combat system doesnt and wouldnt work in large groups) but , at first, against 2 or 3 medium AIs and then slowly un-even the odds through 4 AIs (2 medium and 2 hard) and then 2 hards and 2 Very Hard, and later, perhaps against 1 Hard, 3 very hard and 2 Extreme etc. a potential to have matches against the AIs that are harder than against humans.

You cant have more than 4 humans per team because of game balance, but it's OK to break the rules of the game and bring something new and create uneven odds and uneven balance if the entire point of the match is to pit humans against increasingly difficult challenges.

It wouldnt be just a "Training mode" since it might as well be harder than anything else.

P.S. - i dont remember the campaign can be played cooperatively but the campaign is NOT something you would play more than once. One reason is because you cant even decide what hero you play. it is forced against you. also the odds will always be the same - if it's the first mission it will always be the warden against easy enemies, if you play the later missions it will always be the X hero against Harder odds.... there is no dynamics to it. it's static and completely out of your hand - you played it once and you're done. and im not even sure there will be difficult settings.

Angry Ari 1
01-18-2017, 05:31 AM
I'm all for more customization in the PvE department. I remember Halo Reach's FireFight mode, which was absolutely awesome; you could customize how many waves there were, how difficult they were, what enemies made up each wave, alter your Spartan's strength, shields, loadout, etc etc. There was so much customization in Reach's FireFight, and if the guys at Ubi implemented even half of what was put into Reach's horde mode into FH's Dominion against AI type modes, then I'd be pretty happy.

topeira1980
01-18-2017, 08:12 AM
I'm all for more customization in the PvE department. I remember Halo Reach's FireFight mode, which was absolutely awesome; you could customize how many waves there were, how difficult they were, what enemies made up each wave, alter your Spartan's strength, shields, loadout, etc etc. There was so much customization in Reach's FireFight, and if the guys at Ubi implemented even half of what was put into Reach's horde mode into FH's Dominion against AI type modes, then I'd be pretty happy.

yea.... i can only assume that things like that would require careful balancing on UBIs part because they should earn you "loot" or "steel" or whatever you call it and not be a cheap way to getting more of it.

Well, for honors combat doesnt lend itself very well to 1vsMany so horde modes in FH isnt a good idea, but just small variations in enemy numbers and difficulty can make a lot of difference in dominion and elimination, i guess. i can assume even one more extra hero to the AI team can tilt the scale in their favor in a way that even a 5v4 or a 4v3 can be pretty hard to beat, if the AI knows when and how to capture points or revive.

xLeapingLizardx
01-18-2017, 08:49 AM

Saying FH is mainly a MP game is like saying Gear of War is mainly an MP game, forgetting the horde mode people love so much.

Think how nice it could be playing with one or 2 friends against rounds after rounds of increasingly hard odds of Dominion or elimination - but not against 10 mindless enemies (since the combat system doesnt and wouldnt work in large groups) but , at first, against 2 or 3 medium AIs and then slowly un-even the odds through 4 AIs (2 medium and 2 hard) and then 2 hards and 2 Very Hard, and later, perhaps against 1 Hard, 3 very hard and 2 Extreme etc. a potential to have matches against the AIs that are harder than against humans.

You cant have more than 4 humans per team because of game balance, but it's OK to break the rules of the game and bring something new and create uneven odds and uneven balance if the entire point of the match is to pit humans against increasingly difficult challenges.

It wouldnt be just a "Training mode" since it might as well be harder than anything else.

P.S. - i dont remember the campaign can be played cooperatively but the campaign is NOT something you would play more than once. One reason is because you cant even decide what hero you play. it is forced against you. also the odds will always be the same - if it's the first mission it will always be the warden against easy enemies, if you play the later missions it will always be the X hero against Harder odds.... there is no dynamics to it. it's static and completely out of your hand - you played it once and you're done. and im not even sure there will be difficult settings.

you are saying so many different levels of bot difficulty that I can't even fathom how overly good they'd be. I mean it sounds like going against 1 hard, 3 very hard, and 2 extreme would just be you having to focus on defense for so long and maybe going for a swing every blue moon but it easily gets blocked by the auto-blocking extreme difficulty warrior.

Having more customization options in custom/AI modes sounds great though. I'm just not on board with a hoard mode type thing It's just not what this game is, it would be too many enemies to fight which I think would end quickly.

I think it's fair to say that For Honor is a little more multiplayer based then Gears of War. (I'm talking original Gears of War since For Honor is an original IP and not a sequel). Gears of War came out when the xbox 360 basically just released and I don't think Multiplayer only games were even an idea back then. Also Gears of War BEGS for a horde type mode, it fits the game... Again think about what fits this specific game, not just what sounds good.

[EDIT] Just read your post before mine and see that you basically summed up what I've said haha

DrExtrem
01-18-2017, 09:53 AM
First things first: More ways to play a game are always good and welcome.

While 'for honor' is a game with a strong focus on multiplayer, it also seem to have strong single player capabilities. Coop is multiplayer, despite fighting bots. The term multiplayer is not reserved for pvp.

If the bots are good - and from what I have read they are - there might even be no need to customise standard mp matches vs ai. But having more modes, - especially a horde mode - would not hurt. Diversity is a key to survival. More modes and more possibilities to "waste time" will help, to keep the fame free and entertaining.

What the game should have is the possibility to play all modes alone vs ai. Classic private matches , where you are the only human player on the battlefield.

Dez_troi_aR
01-18-2017, 12:55 PM

Ok, i see what you are aming for.
While i cant be super exited about it, i think this might be a nice addition for the game.

topeira1980
01-18-2017, 04:36 PM
I just think that Player VS AI allows different settings and options that PvP do not, because PvP needs to always be fair.
so PvE can allow more game modes or options and that's always great, especially for co-op

the campaign is not where you'd spend more than how long it takes to beat it once, so i figured it's a good idea to have more options to fight against the AI (be it worse than the average player or better) alone or with a friend for a lot longer than the campaigns duration.

also this might help those of us who don't have a great online connection or people who do have a good connection but live in countries where there arent a lot of OTHER players with great connections around them. if you live in north africa, middle east etc than you might have to deal with worse connection than you'd like and a way to play with a lot less humans might be a nice alternative.

DrExtrem
01-18-2017, 11:45 PM
It is quite simple.

Not everybody has three friends at hand every time. Sometimes, only one or two friends are available but you still want to play in a private environment. Some evenings, after a hard day at work, just cry out loud for some good'ol bot-bashing without the somebody trolling, going afk, overachieving, trash talking and / or ticking out in chat. You might want to play against your best friend but you don't want to be restricted to duelling mode, to test your mettle without someone messing up the matches. Private matches for all game modes, would be a great addition and help to make the game better.

Normal bots are normally not a match fir a coordinated team. Dynamically scaling bots would be awesome - in this case, we would not need difficultly settings for the bots.

UbiNoty
01-19-2017, 01:50 AM
Hey guys, it's great to see all your suggestions about options for bot matches - I'll pass it along and let the team know about your thoughts on this! :D

topeira1980
01-19-2017, 09:31 AM
It is quite simple.

Not everybody has three friends at hand every time. Sometimes, only one or two friends are available but you still want to play in a private environment. Some evenings, after a hard day at work, just cry out loud for some good'ol bot-bashing without the somebody trolling, going afk, overachieving, trash talking and / or ticking out in chat. You might want to play against your best friend but you don't want to be restricted to duelling mode, to test your mettle without someone messing up the matches. Private matches for all game modes, would be a great addition and help to make the game better.

Normal bots are normally not a match fir a coordinated team. Dynamically scaling bots would be awesome - in this case, we would not need difficultly settings for the bots.

fair points.

I will only have one friend who buys this game and if i want to play with him, and only him, it will be great to either team up and play something that feels a bit like co-op against bot or 1V1 but not dueling but rather player+AIs vs Player+AIs.
I dont think the latter is possible (as a private match, i mean) but i hope it will be. and on top of that having the ability to select the bots skill (and if to got far, even select each bot's skill, for exmaple:
each team has 1 human and 3 AIs, so each team has an EASY AI bot and 1 MEDIUM bot and 1 HARD bot and one human. it's both fair and also gives more weight to the humans on the team if the bots are not all super HARD. on the other hand you can set all bots to HARD and have a real challenge no matter who you're fighting.
i know some will say - you want a challenge? fight humans.

well, first - the AI in a fighting game can be tweaked to be harder than most humans. at least in combat. so i guess that in FH as well - the AI should have the ability to always parry or dodge or counter a guard break etc, which means that if the AI can be 100% perfect than it should also be tweaked to be 90% perfect or 70% perfect etc. they should be whatever the users want them to be.

second - sometimes i want to try things. i want to play for fun with a friend or solo and not play for wins. sometimes i want to use the BOTs to fill the teams so i can toy around and have fun without worrying about my team losing because i was doing my thing and not trying to win, or worry my team if i want to quit so i can try something else etc etc.

This is one of the reasons i dont play online most of the time - sometimes i want to have fun MY way and i know that this way of mine might get me killed or make me lose, and i dont want to disappoint a team or ruin a match just because i like playing things MY way and having fun doing what I consider fun.