PDA

View Full Version : The Valkyrie, what are they?

iHunny
01-17-2017, 04:52 PM
As the title says, what are they in the game? Anyone know? Have any official information been released for them?

What I think, they are a religious order of warrior women, or perhaps women who fight and train as one of there mythical heroines did to honor of her, or perhaps they try to invision the Valkyries of legends those who fight for Odin. What are your take on it? Have any insider information?

Starting this cos waiting for the video of them to get released... I am dying to know :P

Aarpian
01-17-2017, 05:11 PM
Well then aren't you lucky, because the video about them was released about 10 minutes ago

iHunny
01-17-2017, 05:26 PM
Well then aren't you lucky, because the video about them was released about 10 minutes ago

Oh? Haha! Awesome :D

So... What are they? A religious warrior order?

Zalluxe
01-17-2017, 05:30 PM
Here you go @iHunny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaOCO1Oz56g

TCTF_SWAT
01-17-2017, 08:05 PM
Not the biggest fan of the spear and shield combo. Kinda wish it was just the spear. But still maining nonetheless.

Dez_troi_aR
01-17-2017, 08:33 PM
So they are a warrior order fighting for the reputation of the fallen who did not earn themselves a place in valhalla. If the valkyries think that someone who was worthy of a place at odins table died an unhonorable death, they will fight to wash his name clean in the eyes of the gods.
Pretty cool way to translate the mythic valkyrie-theme into a semi realistic enviroment :)

iHunny
01-17-2017, 08:42 PM
So they are a warrior order fighting for the reputation of the fallen who did not earn themselves a place in valhalla. If the valkyries think that someone who was worthy of a place at odins table died an unhonorable death, they will fight to wash his name clean in the eyes of the gods.
Pretty cool way to translate the mythic valkyrie-theme into a semi realistic enviroment :)

Ah, so thats what they are. Cool.

DraxeI
01-17-2017, 09:05 PM
Not the biggest fan of the spear and shield combo. Kinda wish it was just the spear. But still maining nonetheless.

Well, there's the Nobushi for that :p

TCTF_SWAT
01-17-2017, 09:19 PM
That's gross.

XP4HuTEJlb
01-18-2017, 02:58 PM
U can watch more gameplay in Raider singleplayer mission. As far as i seen she has "counter strike with bleed effect"

waraidako
01-18-2017, 08:23 PM
I kinda wish it was a regular round shield, instead of the weird looking targe. More than that though, the helmet is just a bummer. The only viking class with a full face helmet. Why? It doesn't look cool. Also the only one who doesn't get an aventail for the helmet. It just sits on the top part of her head, no neck protection at all. I hope there are some seriously better ones, preferably without horns, because that original one is terrible.

Again, War of the Vikings gets it.

http://gamingshogun.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/wotv_shieldmaiden_dlc_006.jpg

iHunny
01-18-2017, 08:32 PM
I like the look of For Honors Valkyrie, I think she looks awesome.

slipshot91
01-19-2017, 01:27 PM
I actually think the mask looks awesome. But I imagine that the helmet is customizable, so as you get higher levels you can get different aesthetics.

Lei_Date
01-21-2017, 08:24 PM
As the title says, what are they in the game? Anyone know? Have any official information been released for them?

What I think, they are a religious order of warrior women, or perhaps women who fight and train as one of there mythical heroines did to honor of her, or perhaps they try to invision the Valkyries of legends those who fight for Odin. What are your take on it? Have any insider information?

Starting this cos waiting for the video of them to get released... I am dying to know :P

close they be more like angel in Norse lore Odin battle maiden and would take fallen warrior to Valhalla which is there version of heaven.

iHunny
01-21-2017, 09:05 PM
close they be more like angel in Norse lore Odin battle maiden and would take fallen warrior to Valhalla which is there version of heaven.

Well, that I know, but asked about what they were in the game.

GreyHound501
01-22-2017, 05:41 AM

Kinda close Valhalla would better be described as the realm of odin. As the Vikings had many different gods all with a different realm that you could go to after you died. So Valhalla was basically the afterlife realm for warriors who died in battle.

waraidako
01-22-2017, 09:17 AM
Half of them anyway.