PDA

View Full Version : [PC] Patch Notes: Title Update 1.09

Ubi-Elyon
01-16-2017, 04:08 PM
Today we’re releasing Title Update 1.09 for PC. Xbox One and PS4 received this patch last week.

Below are the fixes you can expect from this PC patch:

• [Performance] RAM Usage Optimization – This patch optimizes a system memory usage which improves the game’s performance on systems with low RAM amount.

• [Performance] Screenspace Reflections Optimization – This patch improves the overall performance of Screenspace Reflections and adds two new lower quality levels (Medium and High).

• San Francisco Fog – The algorithm of the San Francisco Fog (aka “Karl”) appearing is improved with this title update.

• Visual – The maximum value of the Pixel Density slider has been changed from 1.25 to 1.5 with this patch.

• Sound – We have added a Music Volume slider.

• Controller – Added support for the newer DualShock 4 controllers (ZCT2U models).

• YourBoySerge Nerf – This .50 Cal sniper rifle has been the subject of some debate in the community, and is considered to be overpowered in online play. In this patch, we’ve reduced the number of rounds in the magazine from 6 to 1, and we will continue to monitor and balance this beasty rifle.

• Fixed various minor issues with flickering.

• Fixed various minor issues with incorrect window modes behavior.

• Fixed various minor issues with the UI and text.

If you continue to experience any of these or other issues, please report on the official forums (http://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/1428-Technical-Support?) or contact us directly via customer support (https://support.ubi.com/en-US).

Ripirino
01-16-2017, 04:19 PM
Well i sure hope this patch FIXES THE ****ING CRASHING

akirakurosawa71
01-16-2017, 04:24 PM
played the game for 35 hours by now. not one crash...ahhh, we happy few!?

Ouchhy
01-16-2017, 04:37 PM
what about t-bone dlc ?

Skauron
01-16-2017, 04:43 PM
I am also interested in knowing when the t-bone dlc is coming to the pc, hasn't this already been released on PS4??

what about t-bone dlc ?

I am still very concerned in the reduction of YOUR_BOY_SERGE to 1 round only, i still think 2 or 3 rounds would be best for this,and if you can't balance it that way, reduce its dmg just a little (stress "little") While 6 may be too much, i think 1 is just pushing it to the point where it becomes utterly useless.

I had my liquid cooling break down on my pc over the weekend with a pump failure that resulted in CPU FAN ERROR, so have been unable to play until today.. running very cool now with the new push/pull config i've set up and have done a decent test with Prime95 too. RESULT :)

RetPal
01-16-2017, 04:53 PM
After the patch ScoutX tells me I have 0 photos, but I had only 1 to go!
For sure I will not do that again.

DoraemonPikachu
01-16-2017, 05:02 PM
After the patch ScoutX tells me I have 0 photos, but I had only 1 to go!
For sure I will not do that again.

YES. MY BELOVED scout X is now ZERO. Fix please.

sdc38
01-16-2017, 05:18 PM
YES. MY BELOVED scout X is now ZERO. Fix please.

My scout X is zero as well after the patch.

jewoGRFS
01-16-2017, 05:50 PM
Not only scoutX has gonne. I have problem to close my map with 'M'. Now I need to close it with mouse click. Let see what else went wrong. 'ESC' works as well, but I got used to just press 'M' to close my map.

zer05um
01-16-2017, 06:04 PM
I had all 57 scout X locations. Now I have zero! Please fix this!!

Ubi-Elyon
01-16-2017, 06:11 PM
I had all 57 scout X locations. Now I have zero! Please fix this!!

Hey all,
Thanks for reporting this issue. Our devs are aware and they're working on it.

smokeur
01-16-2017, 06:25 PM
played the game for 35 hours by now. not one crash...ahhh, we happy few!?

I have 30 hours of play and now I can not play more than a few minutes without knowing why the game freeze and crash but I think it comes from amd driver conflict or something else...

therealkaiv
01-16-2017, 06:53 PM
Since the update I lost 20 FPS !!!!:mad:

pmthelord
01-16-2017, 07:23 PM
how can i update the game ?
is the patch working in french or only in english ?
thx

Joshinja
01-16-2017, 09:04 PM
I really wanna play multiplayer with two of my friends who have this game but it only lets me add one of them and it's annoying. Like if it were 4 player max I could understand but why 2? Please increase the limit!

Matrumlus123
01-16-2017, 09:23 PM
Patch reset my leaderboard status to recruit and I too lost all of the Scout X pics. Booo

Devastator_x
01-16-2017, 09:25 PM
Since the update I lost 20 FPS !!!!:mad:

I have the same here. -20fps rough just in the main HQ after patching at 780GTX SLI. Settings not changed.

Dae_w0w
01-16-2017, 10:00 PM
i spent a whole day with a friend getting all of thw scout pics done.. and now they are all gone.. we are both kindof upset at this, please fix the issue

wootwoots
01-16-2017, 10:32 PM
Since the patch, performance seem to still be the same, maybe a bit "stable" ( or maybe its just a placebo effect ) even tho, i noticed even harder framedrop sometime.

The "lower" SSR option is nice, tried in high, didnt noticed performance loss, but need to do more test / comparison
The SF fog, si create 10-15+fps drop without any real visual difference... oO ( gtx 1070 here )

overall, nothing crazy, nor amazing regarding "stability" of optimization. But it doesnt look to have made the game worse, so "fine"

jewoGRFS
01-16-2017, 11:07 PM
Patch reset my leaderboard status to recruit and I too lost all of the Scout X pics. Booo
No, not a patch. Thats normal at the beginning of a new season.
Check this:http://watchdogs.ubisoft.com/watchdogs/en-AU/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:185-277622-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

DarkTriumphant
01-16-2017, 11:18 PM
I have the same here. -20fps rough just in the main HQ after patching at 780GTX SLI. Settings not changed.

Same. Get 13FPS at Ultra when I usually get 60FPS. Lowered to Low. Same 13FPS. I looked at patch notes and noticed the Pixel Density note. So I lowered Pixel Density to .75% and I gained 6FPS to 19FPS. Graphics still set to Low. Changing SSR does nothing for FPS. Dunno if it's related to the RAM issue they 'fixed'. When I do Auto-Detect, the game sets to Ultra. Really annoying patch broke the game and there's no patch rollback w/ uPlay.

Hardware:

AMD FX 9590 @ 5.1GHz
ASUS Sabertooth R3.0
MSi RX 480X 8GB @ 1375/8100
Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR3 1866
Corsair Force MP500 480GB M.2 PCIE
Win10 x64
AMD Crimson 16.12.2

BillySwat
01-16-2017, 11:24 PM
I think I lost about 20-25 FPS after update! Overclocked gtx-1070 have 40-60 FPS at 1080p, seriously? Freezing while fast driving :(

krayfish21
01-17-2017, 01:33 AM
Game still crashes not even to desktop just completely shuts off computer then it restarts, the performance maybe is better but cant really tell if i cant play a solid 3 hours. Please let me know if anybody else is still experiencing these crashes.

C3LLoX
01-17-2017, 01:50 AM
Any chance that you guys get your hands on a "Hide-Crosshair-Option"? The permanent visibility of this element is very annoying. Please! It's just one option!

I would thank you guys so much if you can implement this soon.

Krupted
01-17-2017, 04:06 AM
Well i sure hope this patch FIXES THE ****ING CRASHING

Gawd i hope! I really love this game and it deserves much attention but the crashes after latest patch before this were just awful.

Krupted
01-17-2017, 04:08 AM
I have 30 hours of play and now I can not play more than a few minutes without knowing why the game freeze and crash but I think it comes from amd driver conflict or something else...

yep, something is afoot since recent times. makes the graphics card on amd and nvidia shut down, going to black screen or worse, blue screen of death.

Shame. this is a really good game that I am avoiding like the plague until I here it's fixed. I even bought the friggin season pass.

SnowCat84
01-17-2017, 04:31 AM
ScoutX progress and Leaderboard progress down to zero. And i got my first crash in WD2 ever.
Great job ubi. X_X

zer05um
01-17-2017, 08:54 AM
And the game still crashes to desktop. Sigh.

Nealeo420
01-17-2017, 11:06 AM
can you guys patch the car spawning, im tired of having to run 300m just to get to the car i want. please limit it down to 50m max. beacuse most of the time i dont evan go for the car i orderd and just steal the closest one to me, it dulles down my experience while playing the game.. thank you

jayottsel
01-17-2017, 06:28 PM
Agreed, whats the point of the service when the cars appear nowhere near you?

Joggs
01-18-2017, 07:56 PM
Never had a crash with my 980ti, i7 6700, but now it crashes once, the first 5 minutes, but after starting again it works ok.
My sons computer with lower specs such as a gtx 760 and amd A8 5600k had a lot of crashes earlier, but none now

DonKillMePLZ
01-20-2017, 12:46 AM
I played only after 1.09 update and I have to say YourBoySerge is still really powerful, but not OP.

Ubi-Elyon
01-27-2017, 12:30 PM
Thanks for your feedback, we wanted to respond to some of the most common comments below:

Will this patch fix my stuttering/FPS issues?
This patch included tweaks to RAM Usage Optimization and Screenspace Reflections optimization, as well as minor fixes with flickering. However, due to the nature of the platform, players will experience these fixes in different ways across different PC builds. We encourage anyone still experiencing severe stuttering and framerate issues to try the following steps in this FAQ and, if that does not help, to get in touch with our Customer Support team for further assistance.

Why was Yourboyserge nerfed so severely?
Yourboyserge had so much power that it killed gun variety in PvP. Even at close-range, Yourboyserge was the best option because you could 1- or 2-shot players behind-cover due to massive damage and cover penetration. With six bullets in the magazine and a decent fire rate and reload speed, Serge was the answer to every problem.

We wanted to increase gun variety but still keep serge’s niche: A very powerful sniper that can shoot through some covers. We thus reduced the magazine size to one bullet. At long range, it’s still a powerful and dangerous weapon; but now, at close range, it’s risky. If you miss your shot, you must reload after each bullet; thus making assault rifles and other close range weapons a safer, more reliable choice in these situations.

Why am I suddenly/still experiencing crashes after installing the patch?
If you are experiencing crashes after the latest patch, please try the following steps in this (https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/faqs/000025722/Crash-On-Watch-Dogs-2) FAQ.

wootwoots
01-28-2017, 04:38 AM
and Screenspace Reflections optimization,.

compare to many games ( even the very old Guild wars 2 ) your screen space reflection are very cheap, the high setting look pretty "bad" because very pixelated, but the very high look nicer, but eat like 10fps.

And i dont even speak about that issue
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1545530-quot-bug-quot-with-water-reflection

Honestly, the work in the SSR is pretty cheap and "bad" compare to many other games.