PDA

View Full Version : Will progress and levelling from the beta carry over to the final game?

eLhabib
01-16-2017, 02:27 PM
I sure hope it will, I don't want to buy and level up the same stuff twice... Also, I think it would be a nice reward for dedicated fans to get a small advantage over the rest by having a head start through the beta.

cheers,
eL

iHunny
01-16-2017, 02:53 PM
I do not think it will and I hope it all gets ressetted at releas so people who played the closed beta do not get a advantage just cos they were lucky enought to get a key.

Dez_troi_aR
01-16-2017, 03:23 PM
I do not think it will and I hope it all gets ressetted at releas so people who played the closed beta do not get a advantage just cos they were lucky enought to get a key.

That is right. Playing the beta is a privilege in itself. The reason behind having a beta is fixing and optimisation of the unfinished game and maybe publicity but not giving some players an advantage over others at launch.

You will be better off because of the additional experience you can gather, anyways. If you want to focus on your personal advantage during the beta, try out the different characters and figure out which one fits you best. Thats what i am going to do.

Process from the alphas did not carry over, btw. So it is very unlikly.

eLhabib
01-16-2017, 03:31 PM
I just think it would be tedious to have to do the same character customizations again once the full game is out. And, honestly, in 3 days you won't be able to level up one single character so high that it would give you an unfair advantage. I played the hell out of the alpha and mainly with one character, and I only got to prestige 3, so it's not that big of a deal advantage-wise. It is however, very tedious to have to do that over and over again.

DraxeI
01-16-2017, 05:55 PM
I just think it would be tedious to have to do the same character customizations again once the full game is out. And, honestly, in 3 days you won't be able to level up one single character so high that it would give you an unfair advantage. I played the hell out of the alpha and mainly with one character, and I only got to prestige 3, so it's not that big of a deal advantage-wise. It is however, very tedious to have to do that over and over again.

Well... You could always choose not to play :rolleyes:
The beta is for testing and providing feedback, not to get a headstart at launch.

Very few games have let you carry over progression from testing to live, so this is nothing to be disappointed about.
However! You do get a special emblem and some other undisclosed reward for participating!

xLeapingLizardx
01-17-2017, 03:16 AM
I'm sure playing early and knowing the mechanics very well at launch is benefit enough.

GewaltSam
01-17-2017, 10:16 AM

Well, if customisation is the problem, then simply don't. Like others said, a beta is no demo, and should give no privilege over people who just start playing with release, either. It is a test.
If you can't stand leveling one character two times, then wait for release. Or use the beta for testing all the heroes. But please realize that you are not entitled to anything in a beta, period. Instead, be thankful that (*if) you can play early, at all.

eLhabib
01-17-2017, 10:48 AM
Just to be clear here, I am not complaining, just asking.

However, you should realise that a beta is not a gift and nobody needs to be thankful for it. A beta is a way for developers to iron out bugs which would otherwise only be found by an extensive team of game testers, which are expensive. So while it's cool for us to get to play the game early, it is actually us helping the developers save money. A win-win, you could say.

GewaltSam
01-17-2017, 11:09 AM

However, you should realise that a beta is not a gift and nobody needs to be thankful for it. A beta is a way for developers to iron out bugs which would otherwise only be found by an extensive team of game testers, which are expensive. So while it's cool for us to get to play the game early, it is actually us helping the developers save money. A win-win, you could say.

You're right there, of course. That's why I rarely play betas if I am not really interested - because you are supposed to do a job, and I think it's wrong to participate in a (closed) beta only to play early.
My comment was meant to the "I'm playing the beta an I want stuff, or else..." - crowd, which you don't seem to belong to. So, please forgive me if I stepped on your toes ;)
Although, the argument stands, beta is the wrong place for really leveling up or much customization, at least for everything that goes farther than fooling around with the systems. That's how I see it, at least.

Dez_troi_aR
01-17-2017, 12:05 PM

Yes, you are right. When i said that participation in the alpha is a privilege in itself i were not talking about the developers granting a favour to the players but about some players who can participate beeing more priviledged than those who cant. There is no reason to throw more benefits at the ones who already got lucky.

Aarpian
01-17-2017, 01:41 PM
It might not be a bad idea purely to stop the more experienced players from curb-stomping the torrent of new players on release day. I know at least one person who gave up on the beta because they got their **** rolled in their first 3 games...

bent_toe
01-17-2017, 05:00 PM
I sure hope it will, I don't want to buy and level up the same stuff twice... Also, I think it would be a nice reward for dedicated fans to get a small advantage over the rest by having a head start through the beta.

cheers,
eL

I see this (stupid) question everytime a game gets a beta. Not to be a douch...but if you think about it, a closed beta for a selected few and 4 days headstart in unlocks, xp etc. does that sound realistic to you?
How anyone can think that a alpha/beta will save all your stats and xp points and carry it over to a much later final build....is beyond me.

Misterscruff63
01-17-2017, 05:19 PM
In all the alphas and betas Ive played in no player stats have been carried over and I don't see this being any different.

MyStach
01-18-2017, 05:22 AM
in 3 days you won't be able to level up one single character so high that it would give you an unfair advantage. I played the hell out of the alpha and mainly with one character, and I only got to prestige 3

I got Renown 4 easy and our friend Reminisent got renown 6

eLhabib
01-18-2017, 02:34 PM
Well then you probably don't have a job and a family ;)

RememberMe1234q
01-30-2017, 02:03 AM

What kind of advantage is it ? In the 1x1 mode things don't work the same as in 2v2. They work only in 4x4 mode, but benefits them little, because at any moment you can hold 2,3 or 4 and nothing will help except your team! And to the opening material, again, will take a very long time and nothing exciting in it is not. Other characters I don't like and I want to play just for berserk.
Invitation to beta distributed everywhere and free. As in different groups and on twitch. To get into the beta could be anyone.:)