PDA

View Full Version : Publicity of For Honor

LiveKiller7x
01-16-2017, 12:16 AM
Anyone else feeling that this game needs more hype? Overwatch is so popular with 1,31mil followers and For Honor is on 41k on twitter. I know these numbers don't say anything because Overwatch is a shooter and these are more popular than Medieval style games and it already released half year ago(AND its Blizzard i know i know).

If you think about it For Honor resembles Overwatch in some ways, but it's sooo much more fun and when I am executing someone i am having a blast already. The gore is awesome(I can't get enough of flying limbs) srsly there should be more than just a head chop. Let us cut off arms nd legs etc :p.
This is a bit of a digression but what I am trying to say is. DAMN this game needs to get more publicity, because it deserves it.

I feel it, this is one of these games that can define a genre but i am worried that it might stay a sort of niche game like chivalry was(dead on PS4 already) yes they only have 1,4k followers on twitter and that game also would deserve a lot more publicity, also the developer isn't so well known like Ubisoft but you get my point right?

neogeo___
01-16-2017, 12:24 AM
Of course you have decent and team focused players on OW but for the most part it is very toxic community that easily flames their own teammates, care only about style plays and ranking up while mainly focusing on DPS disregarding teamcomp and team play expecting their teammates to make up for this while they go around the map flanking and trading kills.

I for one hope that what the OW community is renowned for, does not happen to For Honor, there is no Honor in constant bashing, name calling, trolling and toxic chats and behavior.... lol

LiveKiller7x
01-16-2017, 12:29 AM
Of course you have decent and team focused players on OW but for the most part it is very toxic community that easily flames their own teammates, care only about style plays and ranking up while mainly focusing on DPS disregarding teamcomp and team play expecting their teammates to make up for this while they go around the map flanking and trading kills.

I for one hope that what the OW community is renowned for, does not happen to For Honor, there is no Honor in constant bashing, name calling, trolling and toxic chats and behavior.... lol

Yea this is what I am also worried about. I hope the community stays awesome like it is right now. I wonder if that will stay like this if For Honor gets more known. I hope the PEGI 18 rating on For Honor keeps the PEGI 12 Overwatch kiddos away.

neogeo___
01-16-2017, 12:41 AM
Yea this is what I am also worried about. I hope the community stays awesome like it is right now. I wonder if that will stay like this if For Honor gets more known. I hope the PEGI 18 rating on For Honor keeps the PEGI 12 Overwatch kiddos away.

No point in hoping m8, it did nothing to keep them away from Battlefield in any of their releases. Parents are to blame tbh but nowadays R rated games don't mean absolutely nothing as far as average age of players goes lol

Plus you have samurais and you're even going to have a ninja so expect a lot of young webs marching in

DBLxxShotz
01-16-2017, 01:14 AM

This is ironic seeing as youre acting like the people your criticizing. Ive also noticed that a lot of the "kiddos" online trolling arent kids at all and are in fact young adults late teens early 20`s. For Honor will never have a huge following and i expect it to be a niche game that will have a small but loyal following so you wont likely see a lot of online trolls after a couple of months after all the trolls who originally buy the game will have left.

LiveKiller7x
01-16-2017, 01:22 AM
I see what you mean, I am just a lil too hyped, still It was a concern for me. I could rewrite my post to make it sound...more polite? :P I maybe shouldn't have bashed Overwatch so much. I posted the same on Reddit, i am scared now they will tear me apart haha^^. But nah I am not like these kiddos. Just a lil "quirky" sometimes. Thats all.

Angry Ari 1
01-16-2017, 06:28 AM
I dunno, I feel for an odd sort of game like this it's getting a fair amount of publicity. Let's face it, For Honor is a kind of way out there game, the whole Knights v Samurai v Vikings theme, the Art of Battle fighting system (which I think is brilliant), and the fact that all this is a MULTIPLAYER game and not some single-player indie. I'm not surprised that it doesn't get as much as the FPS games; the FPS genre has been really strong the past couple years, so the competition among those developers and publishers is heavy and harsh. I hope this game succeeds, I want it to be game of the year material, but I will say based off of some of the comments I've seen on here: if this game has to have a small community in order to avoid turning into the OverWatch or Destiny fanbases, then I will pay money to keep it that way. Again, I don't want this game to die like Titanfall, but I don't want it to be composed of *******s like what's in the Destiny community.

LiveKiller7x
01-16-2017, 07:11 PM
I dunno, I feel for an odd sort of game like this it's getting a fair amount of publicity. Let's face it, For Honor is a kind of way out there game, the whole Knights v Samurai v Vikings theme, the Art of Battle fighting system (which I think is brilliant), and the fact that all this is a MULTIPLAYER game and not some single-player indie. I'm not surprised that it doesn't get as much as the FPS games; the FPS genre has been really strong the past couple years, so the competition among those developers and publishers is heavy and harsh. I hope this game succeeds, I want it to be game of the year material, but I will say based off of some of the comments I've seen on here: if this game has to have a small community in order to avoid turning into the OverWatch or Destiny fanbases, then I will pay money to keep it that way. Again, I don't want this game to die like Titanfall, but I don't want it to be composed of *******s like what's in the Destiny community.

Titanfall is dead? The 2nd or wich? I didn't know that. This was also pretty hyped i mean 450k followers on twitter etc and now it's dead? Oo
Then For Honor definitely needs more hype damn because I also don't want it to be dead after half a year or so.

ShuyinVardiz
01-16-2017, 09:21 PM
Well, to be honest, I dont even see a slight chance to get a hype barely as huge as Blizzard got.I mean, seriously, Blizzard is basically one of THE videogaming titans, if not even the most famous one. There is no way Ubisoft can compare with that, at best with Heroes of the Storm since that one is the only game never having recieved the great hype push from Blizz'.

I mean, I know you are aware of the differences between Ubisoft an Blizzard, but let alone World of Warcraft is a gametitle hitting multiple million people even after paying monthly to play. And Starcraft is an international eSport title since the first game and not let down barely by its sequel.
Nearly everybode shows nothing beside hate for Uplay, Origin and anything trying to be alike steam, but I never heard anyone complain about Battlenet longer then a few days at best.

/edit2:
Also, judging from the vibe I get from all of my friends, Ubisoft is not very...popular. They've made some mistakes here and there and still lack behind since these. For me, I lost faith with AC Unity and hope to reclaim it with For Honor.

Angry Ari 1
01-17-2017, 12:33 AM
Titanfall is dead? The 2nd or wich? I didn't know that. This was also pretty hyped i mean 450k followers on twitter etc and now it's dead? Oo
Then For Honor definitely needs more hype damn because I also don't want it to be dead after half a year or so.

Well, perhaps dead was a little exaggerated; I was talking about Titanfall 1, last I checked which was maybe a month ago it had only 1000-1500 players online at once, which I thought wasn't a whole lot. In any case, Titanfall 1 has gotten a reputation for being an awesome multiplayer game that's playerbase dropped significantly a few months after release, due to a number of reasons. Titanfall 2 has done pretty well in avoiding the mistakes that were made in the first game, although I personally think it dropped the ball on a few others. Regardless, TF 2 has been a pretty good success, despite being sandwiched between COD and BF1.

GamerErrant
01-17-2017, 02:53 AM
It was a little odd to see how big of a marketing spend Ubi had for Watchdogs 2, while there seemingly hasn't been much done with For Honor yet. Hopefully now that we're less than a month away we'll start seeing more hype from Ubisoft - the game definitely deserves more. Between the setting and the combat system they're probably worried about it being to much of a niche game, so they're timid to spend big on marketing until they see initial sales and reviews. Its bread and butter is the multiplayer, so if it does well on launch I'm sure we'll see more continued hype from Ubi.

xLeapingLizardx
01-17-2017, 07:40 AM
I seem to remember Ubisoft or the developers were talking about that For Honor was meant to be a smaller/minor game. Don't quote me on this though, I may not have read it correctly.
But they might be changing that idea since For Honor is getting a pretty good following and it had Ubisoft's biggest alpha.

To ShuyinVardiz's point Ubisoft does have a pretty bad reputation at this point. I honestly think that is hurting this game in its own way. I mean if you just look at the comments of For Honor YouTube videos you can see the evidence.

iHunny
01-17-2017, 01:03 PM
I see the Red Line trailer on youtube all the time.