PDA

View Full Version : Gear question

XP4HuTEJlb
01-15-2017, 01:29 PM
Hello,Warriors!

I have some questions about "Gear" in For Honor. Maybe someone have info about that.:)

1. What Gear types can we get? I know about blades, armor e.t.c..... i mean is there some kind of "diablo system"? On steams i saw only standard "white" gear (lvl 1> lvl 5-6 e.t.c.) so if we have "white", will we get "blue" or "gold"?

2. Balance. How about ballance? What advantage gear gives to player? I have watched HandheldBrando's streams ( best skillplay i have seen so far) and he said that difference between "geared player" and "stock player" is a WAY too much.

3.Maybe there will be some kind of "Ranked matches" without "gear stats effect"?

Thanks for answers!

iHunny
01-15-2017, 01:36 PM
Every hero have its own armor/weapon parts they can get. It changes the visuals and some stats of that hero. Stats changes can be longer revenge time, more damage, more hp etc. Higher equipment gives higher stats but also lowers another stat. A equipment tend to have 3 stats that other go up or down. I think it was around 8-9 parts on each hero. The visuals is not big enough that for example would change light leather armor into heavy full plate.

ShuyinVardiz
01-15-2017, 01:42 PM
Previous to the closed beta you'll probably not recieve a very detailled answer. The last alpha had an NDA so nothing regarding that could be told here while the last alpha without NDA might not be uptodate anymore. It would be best to wait till the beginning of the Beta on 26th to get a relyable and most recent information of that topic since the closed beta holds no NDA and can be streamed, spread and be spoken about widely.

XP4HuTEJlb
01-15-2017, 01:50 PM
Every hero have its own armor/weapon parts they can get. It changes the visuals and some stats of that hero. Stats changes can be longer revenge time, more damage, more hp etc. Higher equipment gives higher stats but also lowers another stat. A equipment tend to have 3 stats that other go up or down. I think it was around 8-9 parts on each hero. The visuals is not big enough that for example would change light leather armor into heavy full plate.

Thanks! But i am curious about some kind of "Elite" gear .... for example aditional stats "+ 10 to exp gain" or something. Or maybe lvl6. armor for example, can be rare(blue), not "standard white".

Dez_troi_aR
01-15-2017, 06:08 PM
Thanks! But i am curious about some kind of "Elite" gear .... for example aditional stats "+ 10 to exp gain" or something. Or maybe lvl6. armor for example, can be rare(blue), not "standard white".

During the alphas, noone had enough time to reach the highest reputation levels where one can loot the best weapons and armor parts. So we do not have footage of actual elite lvl gear. But from what we have seen, the higher you climb the better (more prestigeous, valuable, mighty) your armor looks. As far as i know, the highest known gear was "purple gear" which revers to the color of the letters, not the actual armor.

I think the most important information is, that they rebalanced the gear stats after them beeing to much of a factor in a skillbased game like For Honor. In the end, skill should be the most important factor. But gear definitely still matters, though i guess there might be a sort of ceiling which everyone can reach within some time where the choice of gear will be more a question of customization and fine-tuning your character to fit your playstyle and not so much a question of just having "better" gear.

If you like it or not is a matter of taste in the end. I would prefer gear beeing purly cosmetic so nothing gets in the way of skillbased duelling. Others might prefer gear to be a main factor because they want to have the feeling of working towards something when they grind for gear.

Stats are turned of in the duel mode as far as i know, which i think is great. So my opponents cant blame my better gear after getting dominated by me :D ;)

XP4HuTEJlb
01-16-2017, 09:23 AM
During the alphas, noone had enough time to reach the highest reputation levels where one can loot the best weapons and armor parts. So we do not have footage of actual elite lvl gear. But from what we have seen, the higher you climb the better (more prestigeous, valuable, mighty) your armor looks. As far as i know, the highest known gear was "purple gear" which revers to the color of the letters, not the actual armor.

I think the most important information is, that they rebalanced the gear stats after them beeing to much of a factor in a skillbased game like For Honor. In the end, skill should be the most important factor. But gear definitely still matters, though i guess there might be a sort of ceiling which everyone can reach within some time where the choice of gear will be more a question of customization and fine-tuning your character to fit your playstyle and not so much a question of just having "better" gear.

If you like it or not is a matter of taste in the end. I would prefer gear beeing purly cosmetic so nothing gets in the way of skillbased duelling. Others might prefer gear to be a main factor because they want to have the feeling of working towards something when they grind for gear.

Stats are turned of in the duel mode as far as i know, which i think is great. So my opponents cant blame my better gear after getting dominated by me :D ;)

Totaly agree. I dont think that gear in For Honor is a bad thing... Grinding new gear for your char could be interesting....even in duel it can be a chalange to beat up more "geared" oponent. But it defenetly should be modes without gear stats effect,like in Injustice 2,for example.

TheBearJew411
01-16-2017, 11:28 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwP-RK6ufAw

Got to 1:16:00 I hope this helps with some of your questions this is how gear worked going into the closed alpha. There is a good chance that has changed since then but I am not sure at all.

Ribberr
01-17-2017, 05:07 AM
they confirmed no gear advantage in Duel / Brawl mode.

Really great that there isn't gear advantage in Duel and Brawl but where did you get your information? Got the original post for that?

XP4HuTEJlb
01-17-2017, 03:26 PM
Really great that there isn't gear advantage in Duel and Brawl but where did you get your information? Got the original post for that?

I also heard this kind of info from different sorces (streams)

Dez_troi_aR
01-17-2017, 03:46 PM
I heard alpha gamers talk about it in a discord.