PDA

View Full Version : Need help with references.

ImpStarDuece
04-26-2004, 12:29 AM
I'm curently thinking of writing a paper on the RAF in western Europe in the immdiate post BoB period and was wondering if anyone had an ideas of what is the best published literature on the subject.

Most of my own focuses on the BoB/BoF period and then the lead up to Normany and the post Normandy operations.

I have found that most of the literature focuses on the Africa campaign in the 41-42 period, while the Med seems to soak up the 43- early 44 period.

What i would like specifically is any works that highlight the war effort in Europe propper made by fighter and bomber commands in the November 40 to December 41 period.

Any help would be much appreciated. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

"There's no such thing as gravity, the earth sucks!"

ImpStarDuece
04-26-2004, 12:29 AM
I'm curently thinking of writing a paper on the RAF in western Europe in the immdiate post BoB period and was wondering if anyone had an ideas of what is the best published literature on the subject.

Most of my own focuses on the BoB/BoF period and then the lead up to Normany and the post Normandy operations.

I have found that most of the literature focuses on the Africa campaign in the 41-42 period, while the Med seems to soak up the 43- early 44 period.

What i would like specifically is any works that highlight the war effort in Europe propper made by fighter and bomber commands in the November 40 to December 41 period.

Any help would be much appreciated. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

"There's no such thing as gravity, the earth sucks!"

horseback
04-26-2004, 05:05 AM
Osprey Aircraft of the Aces, numbers 5,12 & 16,all by Dr. Alfred Price. Cover Spitfire operations throughout the Spitfire's career, including the 'leaning forward into France' campaigns of 1941-2. Number 16, Mk V Aces, will be most useful to you.

Additionally, you might try Fly for Your Life and Reach For the Sky, the biographies of Robert Stanford Tuck and Douglas Bader, respectively, and anything on the Eagle Squadrons, which were most active in the RAF during the period you are looking into.

cheers

horseback

"Here's your new Mustangs, boys. You can learn to fly'em on the way to the target. Cheers!" -LTCOL Don Blakeslee, 4th FG CO, February 27th, 1944