PDA

View Full Version : Release of FH after Preorder at Ubisoft Store

ShuyinVardiz
01-14-2017, 01:40 PM
Hi there!

I just remembered I can get a 20% discount by ordering For Honor at the Ubisoft Store if I offer some Uplay Points I have left. Since I am a really, really big nerd I cant accept not to get onto the battlefield the minute this game goes live. Now the obvious question:

If I preorder a physical copy of the For Honor Gold Edition (wth does this one not provide the additional physical content of the deluxe edition! *tears*), I obviously have to log in to finish my order. But I bet I wont recieve the game in time to start preloading it on Uplay to start the second it goes live. So, is there a way to get your hands onto the physical copy of the game without delaying your start into the game (and without having to buy it twice) or am I forced to either drop the 20% discount and by it from a local retailer or buy only the digital version to get going instantly with the 20% discount?

Would appreciate an official, clear answer or a link if this has been specified already!

iHunny
01-14-2017, 02:15 PM
From what I know, the 20% when using Uplay Points can not be used on pre-orders and new games.

ShuyinVardiz
01-14-2017, 02:46 PM
Well its display'd right there on the listing so I assume it should be.

ShuyinVardiz
01-14-2017, 07:02 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1547586-Save-20-on-your-next-purchase-for-100-units-in-the-Uplay-Shop

How stupid, but okay. Maybe they can at least tell me it'll work to get preloading when purchasing the physical copy and not the download code...

TR.Misterscruff
01-15-2017, 03:41 PM
From what I know, the 20% when using Uplay Points can not be used on pre-orders and new games.

I have used my points from my Uplay account to get 20% off from this game and wildlands.

iHunny
01-15-2017, 03:47 PM
I have used my points from my Uplay account to get 20% off from this game and wildlands.

Then I have conflicting information :P, Some say it do not work and others say it does.

TR.Misterscruff
01-15-2017, 03:53 PM
Then I have conflicting information :P, Some say it do not work and others say it does.

Definately done it my friend because it has the option to include the voucher/code when going through the buying process, I'm from the UK.

XDeadzX
01-15-2017, 07:29 PM
The coupon works in EU, not in NA.

Each region gets their own coupon rules.

ShuyinVardiz
01-15-2017, 08:16 PM
The coupon works in EU, not in NA.

Each region gets their own coupon rules.

That would sound really stupid, if it wouldnt be for Ubisoft. :/ At least I sit in the EU and can rely on it. Still sorry for the other ones.

TR.Misterscruff
01-15-2017, 08:35 PM
Yes I have receipts but it does not show the deduction that is taken off before the payment, if you start up uplay it says the Gold Edition is for sale at 64.99 I paid 51.99 which is 20% off.

MenocidiX
01-15-2017, 09:00 PM
It worked for me 2 years ago with Assassin's Creed, was a pre order too.