PDA

View Full Version : What has or is the most annoying glitch you've encountered in AC3?

ResignedBee
01-14-2017, 02:03 AM
what has or is the most annoying glitch you've encountered in ac3?
right now i'm mainly doing the hunting missions and i've finished the bobcat hunt and now i'm hunting bigfoot.
also i'm trying to clear out the fort that's near the area where you kill the bobcat, tonight i managed to kill all the british soldiers there but when i tried to kill the captain (secondary target) he wasn't there even though he was on the mini map and i went to the area marked on the map.

ERICATHERINE
01-14-2017, 02:14 AM
The only bug of ac 3 I got that I found annoying was in one of the 2 underground. There was a shortcut that nearly each time I tried to create, make the game freeze before I finnished it.

SixKeys
01-14-2017, 06:49 AM
One glitch I ran into twice was in the mission where Haytham and Ziio have to ride a cart inside an enemy fortress. The entire thing is essentially just one, slow-moving cut scene where the two spend like 10 minutes talking. The only thing you can do is give orders to your men to ambush some guards and take them out before they investigate your cart. When you arrive in front of the big gates, you're supposed to get a cut scene before the game allows you to progress further. Twice I got stuck at that point because the game wouldn't trigger the cut scene. I had to restart and listen to that same, boring, 10-minute conversation again without being able to do anything besides move the camera a bit. Also at least once I failed the mission because my men exposed themselves to the guards like idiots instead of quietly taking them out. Back to the beginning and listen to the conversation AGAIN. What an excruciating mission.

Megas_Doux
01-14-2017, 04:47 PM
Not an specific glitch, but the AI's inconsistency of enemies that can go from the usual AC Mr magoo's levels of perception to borderline Charles Xavier's telepathic powers without any logical pattern truly annoys me. The issue when one uses the bow is particularly noticeable.

Farlander1991
01-14-2017, 08:32 PM
Not an specific glitch, but the AI's inconsistency of enemies that can go from the usual AC Mr magoo's levels of perception to borderline Charles Xavier's telepathic powers without any logical pattern truly annoys me. The issue when one uses the bow is particularly noticeable.

Remember one time when I was hiding in a haystack, that was inside a yard surrounded by buildings, during level 3 notoriety with Jagers roaming around and everything. There was one lone Jager that went by the haystack, absolutely NOBODY around. I assassinated him from within the haystack. EVERYBODY from the main streets which were on the other side of buildings got alerted and ran into that yard after me.

m4r-k7
01-14-2017, 09:13 PM
I remember when I was playing AC 3, I had the glitch where I fell under the map and it kept on spawning me under the map even when I restarted the game. I was so upset as I thought I would have to wait for it to be patched, but I somehow managed to get out of it, although I can't remember exactly how!

SpiritOfNevaeh
01-15-2017, 12:40 AM
Let's not forget the "glitch" on that ship mission, The Giant and the Storm. PAINFUL since it kept most from getting 100% sync on the game o|-<

SixKeys
01-15-2017, 12:02 PM
Remember one time when I was hiding in a haystack, that was inside a yard surrounded by buildings, during level 3 notoriety with Jagers roaming around and everything. There was one lone Jager that went by the haystack, absolutely NOBODY around. I assassinated him from within the haystack. EVERYBODY from the main streets which were on the other side of buildings got alerted and ran into that yard after me.

I remember getting so frustrated in the mission where Adams teaches you to lower your notoriety because I kept getting detected even from behind buildings that I actually threw up my hands and yelled out loud: "WHO freaking saw me?!" I was still willing to give the game a chance at that point, but it was one of the first moments that really drove home to me how the game was fundamentally failing to explain its rules to players the way previous ACs had done.

Farlander1991
01-15-2017, 12:34 PM
I remember getting so frustrated in the mission where Adams teaches you to lower your notoriety because I kept getting detected even from behind buildings that I actually threw up my hands and yelled out loud: "WHO freaking saw me?!" I was still willing to give the game a chance at that point, but it was one of the first moments that really drove home to me how the game was fundamentally failing to explain its rules to players the way previous ACs had done.

To be honest though, for me AC3 was a pretty smooth experience in terms of bugs. Aside from AI, which was crappy. But I fell down through the ground once... and that was pretty much it.

Liberation, on the other hand. Here's just SOME of the things that I remember off the top of my head:
- Aveline not switching into walking mode after leaving water and swimming above ground (obviously parkour or anything is impossible). Fixed only with exiting to main menu or getting back. Happened like 5 times.
- Aveline being shot while synchronizing a viewpoint, falling down to her death, and nothing happening after wards. Opening menu is impossible, fixed only by restarting game.
- Baptiste being pushed outside of the invisible walls surrounding the arena we battled in. Neither he nor Aveline could get to one another. Fixed by restarting the whole mission.
- A soldier spawning in the middle of a battle... and not dying.
- Exit shop button became unavailable after purchasing new equipment. Fixed by restarting the game.
- Getting to a waypoint doesn't trigger anything. Fixed by restarting a mission.

So many freaking bugs in Liberation. That's the only AC open-world game that I haven't finished even the story mode of. (I have 100%-ed all other AC games except Revelations and Rogue, which stay at about 80% I think). Level design that's even more linear than AC3 and a story that made absolutely no sense didn't help either.

SixKeys
01-15-2017, 12:47 PM
To be honest though, for me AC3 was a pretty smooth experience in terms of bugs. Aside from AI, which was crappy. But I fell down through the ground once... and that was pretty much it.

Liberation, on the other hand. Here's just SOME of the things that I remember off the top of my head:
- Aveline not switching into walking mode after leaving water and swimming above ground (obviously parkour or anything is impossible). Fixed only with exiting to main menu or getting back. Happened like 5 times.
- Aveline being shot while synchronizing a viewpoint, falling down to her death, and nothing happening after wards. Opening menu is impossible, fixed only by restarting game.
- Baptiste being pushed outside of the invisible walls surrounding the arena we battled in. Neither he nor Aveline could get to one another. Fixed by restarting the whole mission.
- A soldier spawning in the middle of a battle... and not dying.
- Exit shop button became unavailable after purchasing new equipment. Fixed by restarting the game.
- Getting to a waypoint doesn't trigger anything. Fixed by restarting a mission.

So many freaking bugs in Liberation. That's the only AC open-world game that I haven't finished even the story mode of. (I have 100%-ed all other AC games except Revelations and Rogue, which stay at about 80% I think). Level design that's even more linear than AC3 and a story that made absolutely no sense didn't help either.

Just goes to show how much gaming experiences can vary. I don't remember any glitches in Liberation - I'm sure there must have been some but not so bad as to stick in my mind - whereas AC3 was a constant glitchfest for me. Other people complained a lot about Unity but I barely ran into any major problems (aside from performance and connection issues). I would never presume to claim someone else's opinion about a game wasn't valid if they complain about encountering many glitches, because these things tend to vary so much, and it can completely ruin one's experience if an otherwise solid game is riddled with bugs.

Megas_Doux
01-15-2017, 04:35 PM

Indeed! The AI in AC III was and is still broken. Killing one lone guard might alert the whole militia fives counties around haha, yet in other instances they can be as dumb as they've always been without any explanation.

Just goes to show how much gaming experiences can vary. I don't remember any glitches in Liberation - I'm sure there must have been some but not so bad as to stick in my mind - whereas AC3 was a constant glitchfest for me. Other people complained a lot about Unity but I barely ran into any major problems (aside from performance and connection issues). I would never presume to claim someone else's opinion about a game wasn't valid if they complain about encountering many glitches, because these things tend to vary so much, and it can completely ruin one's experience if an otherwise solid game is riddled with bugs.

Aside from the AI issue, I didn't and still don't experience any constant bugs in AC III that I can't call unusual or particularly annoying comparing to the rest of the franchise. Unity though is 50/50 with me. Back in to 2014 I had a potent gear for its time and I didn't have any major issues with the exception of the frame rate in certain areas of the game (near the Temple and its surroundings, mostly) however in 2017 with a more potent gear I've experiencing more issues, even crashes.....

crusader_prophet
01-15-2017, 06:25 PM
To be honest I haven't had many game breaking bugs or glitches in any of the Assassin's Creed games. The only one glitch that did annoy me and caused me to restart a new campaign to get 100% was in AC3 Frontiersman side mission for UFO. It just wouldn't trigger the animation/cinematic near the umbrella hence not allowing me to achieve 100%. But that problem was solved as soon as I started a new campaign.

I have had minor glitches/AI issues here and there, but most of the times they were funny.

Like this one guy in AC Syndicate causing traffic jam :
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CVBNFOsXAAI6a8s.jpg:large

Fear of Evie:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CVggdYlUkAAa1Kx.jpg:large

And Arno getting stuck "into" the ground:

https://youtu.be/ikyRzlsrWl0

Floating Arno:

https://youtu.be/thViwus2zXc

And then this poor lady:

https://youtu.be/uPIgkKHWfcI