PDA

View Full Version : PC Fff

Gabriel-Jack
01-13-2017, 05:07 PM
Finally a ****ing Fix

I was having random CTDs for quite a while now and just finally found a working fix.
Just here to share with all of you who might be going through a similar if not the exact same problem.

THIS (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2665946/-display-driver-stopped-responding-and-has-recovered-error-in-windows-7-or-windows-vista) solved it for me.

For those that for some reason don't want to open the link from the original Microsoft website, here is a transcript:

Exit all Windows based programs.

Click Start, type regedit in the Search box, and then double-click regedit.exe from the results above. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Browse to and then click the following registry subkey:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Control \ GraphicsDrivers

On the Edit menu, click New, and then select the following registry value from the drop-down menu specific to your version of Windows (32 bit, or 64 bit):

For 32 bit Windows

Select DWORD (32-bit) value.
Type TdrDelay as the Name and click Enter.
Double-click TdrDelay and add 8 for the Value data and click OK.

For 64 bit Windows

Select QWORD (64-bit) value.
Type TdrDelay as the Name and click Enter.
Double-click TdrDelay and add 8 for the Value data and click OK.

Close the registry editor and then restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

PS: Game still freezes for a second, screen goes black but it now comes back and still keeps working, so it is playable now.
I now seek to fix this, if possible, but I can at least play it and don't need to get my refund now so nothing to complain if that is all that happens.

Hope it helps you as much as it helped me.

(Unfortunately, this does not seem to have fully fixed the same problem in Farcry Primal as it still stops working)