PDA

View Full Version : to luthier1

fordfan25
04-08-2004, 08:26 PM
can you give us any idea how intense the campaigns are going to be. what i mean is are thayr going to be alot more air planes in a game during a mission than in f.b or will it be about the same.the resone im asking is if so then some of use can start saveing for upgrades to our pc's

if this has been asked please forgive. i looked back a few pages and could not find anything.and if its to early to tell then sory im just a little exited about your game

fordfan25
04-08-2004, 08:26 PM
can you give us any idea how intense the campaigns are going to be. what i mean is are thayr going to be alot more air planes in a game during a mission than in f.b or will it be about the same.the resone im asking is if so then some of use can start saveing for upgrades to our pc's

if this has been asked please forgive. i looked back a few pages and could not find anything.and if its to early to tell then sory im just a little exited about your game

heywooood
04-08-2004, 08:28 PM
well I dont know who's noticed it ..

but I've been worrying 'bout this all Over the place..

pay no attention to Evil Fennecs' sig BtW

fordfan25
04-08-2004, 09:40 PM
yea im a little worried my self i dont want the game to sufer just to satasfy guys like me with low end pc's but on the other hand thayrs alot of pepole that just cant afford to drop a grand on a pc. hopefully luthier can come up with a way to let the player scale down the size of the battles in the campaighns. if not then i quess well have to deal.im sure luthier will do what he can for us i would just like some idea on what it might take to run it well so i can start planing on just how much im going to have to spend.1000$ is a lot of yard cuting lol

heywooood
04-08-2004, 09:57 PM
Fordfan -

Are you familiar with the Full Mission Builder feature of this sim?...

I have learned to use it and it is really good for low enders because you can scale the missions to you systems capabilities...

Damm - cant get the link to work..
The best site I've found to explain how to use FMB is Eastern Skies for IL-2

fordfan25
04-08-2004, 10:08 PM
yea i havent realy botherd with it to much. when i just want a quick fix i use the qmb but other than that i like dynamic campaigns thay feel more real and alive when things change and the game keeps up with what youve done, wich wingmen have been shoot down ectra.and static campaigns are great but thayr the same every time you play them so i get bord after a wile and i always feel like the end is just a few missions away.as far as pacific fighters i have a feeling its going to take about a 2600xp, upward of fast 512ram and at least something like a 9500 to play at good fps and still have the settings on mid to high.i hope not but thats just my quess.

heywooood
04-08-2004, 10:15 PM
hmmm ..

I am as concerned as you are I think..

as to the self made missions - yes knowing ahead of time what is going to happen is counter-immersive but it can be challenging nonetheless on full switch.

luthier1
04-08-2004, 10:30 PM
I assume you're talking about dynamic campaigns, and you're familiar with the DGen options that already allow you to set the itnensity of air and ground actions?

The campaigns are pretty tame as they are, even at the default medium intensity in my opinion. What kind of missions are you looking for? How many planes from each side?

I really think that if your machines are taxed by low intensity campaigns the best solution is to decrease your graphic and sound settings.

http://www.il2center.com/PF.jpg

VW-IceFire
04-08-2004, 11:16 PM
Many people complained about the intensity of the Battle Over Europe campaigns and what they did to their computers. I'd be very careful of what you wish for http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

http://home.cogeco.ca/~cczerneda/sigs/tmv-sig1.jpg
RCAF 412 Falcon Squadron - "Swift to Avenge"

necrobaron
04-09-2004, 03:09 AM
What can I say? I like intense... http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

"Not all who wander are lost."

fordfan25
04-09-2004, 08:57 AM
is the dgen what came with f.b or is it the programe that you down load. if its the thing you down load i never could get it to work right.if its something that came with the game then could some one explain how it works please.