PDA

View Full Version : Any chance of a Pro update for Unity?

Righteous Angel
01-12-2017, 09:08 PM
Now that they have sorted out AC Syndicate is there any chance that we will get an update for the PS4 Pro version of AC Unity. The game looks amazing in 4k on the PC.

Spider-Abu
01-13-2017, 05:10 AM
I came to this forum to literally create a thread about this. I ran it on my PS4 pro and there's zero difference in my 1080p screen compared to the OG PS4...it's a shame because the Pro has the extra umph required to not only run it at least on a steady 30 fps, but also implement some form of AA or Supersampling. Imagine an unlocked framerate while using the Pro's extra processing power? :O This is the best looking AC game to date playing maxed out on PC, and really deserves a Pro patch and it'll also show Ubisoft's interest in keeping fans happy and improving their overall image.

Righteous Angel
01-31-2017, 10:03 PM
Yes I hope they do eventually offer Pro support.

deskpe
02-04-2017, 02:19 PM
The ps4 pros boost mode supposedly makes unity a steady 30 fps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFxs-Kdkn1I

Righteous Angel
02-06-2017, 02:58 PM
Yes thanks, as soon as I read about this news I knew Unity would benefit from this feature. At least this is something but it would still be nice to have a proper Pro mode.

ze_topazio
02-07-2017, 08:58 PM
Notice that from what I heard this only works in the base version of the game, the game without all the patches, since apparently one of the patches limits the framerate or whatever and that conflicts with the boost mode or something.

Still the difference is quite something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYxrl6HhIxc

deskpe
02-08-2017, 07:57 AM
The patches make the game locked at max 30 frames per second.

But the game didn't manage 30 frames per second on normal ps4, so boos mode will make it hit 30 frames more reliably. Meaning it would sortof fix the worst technical issue remaining in the game.

The unpatched version could potentially go higher than that but it would likely not be very smooth at all.