PDA

View Full Version : Additional Heroes Poll

Dez_troi_aR
01-12-2017, 04:09 PM
I admit i was often eyerolling when i read about peoples suggestions of including spartans, pirates, mongolians, saracens and whatnot into the game.

I thought it would not fit the design because the viking, samurai and knight stereotypes in the game are so obviously over-the-top exaggerated hollywood-versions of their historical counterparts, that an actual historical warrior figure would look misplaced beside them.

But since we got that teaser picture of a roman style centurio, anything seems possible. I am interested how you feel about this.

What philosophy should they follow when including new heroes?

iHunny
01-12-2017, 06:03 PM
Hmm, I am not sure. I think both options apeal to me. I need more time to think about it :P

Eirmund
01-12-2017, 06:29 PM
I think they should be under a different faction. While it's cool to see the Centurion, it looks awkward with him standing with the knights. Each faction has a distinct design and appearance that is extended to all the members, but when you look at the Centurion, or even the Ninja, they look a bit out of place next to their fellows.

Either erect a new faction to include these misfit warriors, or like someone said, make an Apollyon faction and have these warriors summoned under her banner.

LastMoh1can
01-12-2017, 07:32 PM
or like someone said, make an Apollyon faction and have these warriors summoned under her banner.

Probably the best idea around, its logical since she summoned all kinds of warriors to fight her war, but we really dont know who she meant at "recruiting her enemies to the cause" cause not much of the story has been spoiled yet.

AlmightyWarlock
01-12-2017, 08:26 PM
I'm just throwing it out there, I'd love to see warriors from all over. From Indias' Rajput Warriors to Zulus' Warband. I also feel like adding too many types will skew the balance of gameplay though and could make it too erratic, so I suppose there cannot be many more than a handful considering the different amount of gameplay mechanics that would have to be introduced, changed, et.

The more I think about it, the more I think- "Hm...that IS a lot of content to expect from the game, being of its' first type of game and all, the mechanics as they are...perhaps- there will be a consideration of a future installment in the franchise instead, once things are more ironed out through learning from how this upcoming one performs in the near future?"

waraidako
01-12-2017, 10:57 PM
I think they should either stick with the 3 factions we have, or add a whole, complete new faction. No mix and match randoms from different cultures. If you're adding romans, I want to see 4 roman heroes. If you're adding china, I want to see 4 chinese heroes. I don't want just one roman, a celt, an indian warrior, and a janissary to be added randomly without any backstory, campaign addition, or anything like that.

xLeapingLizardx
01-13-2017, 12:10 AM
Probably the best idea around, its logical since she summoned all kinds of warriors to fight her war, but we really dont know who she meant at "recruiting her enemies to the cause" cause not much of the story has been spoiled yet.

She was likely referring to recruiting defecting knights, samurai, and Vikings. Which explains why in the multiplayer knights, samurai, and Vikings fight knights, samurai, and Vikings.

In response to the thread: As I said in the other thread, I kind of now hope there will be 2 new warriors per faction instead of a new faction. I mean if you really think about it, look at the front cover and all of the artwork for the game. What's consistent about them? Knights, Samurais, and Vikings. If there was a bunch of other random factions then shall we super impose those other factions in the game's artwork through photoshop? xD... Will we have to add the new factions in the trailer where they fight over the water puddle? Also will we have to carry a list around of all the new factions so that when a friend asks "what is For Honor about?" we won't forget all of them? Instead of "Knights, samurai, and Vikings fight each other" it'll be "Knights, samurai, Vikings, Mongolians, romans, Spartans... Hold up lemme check my list". I'm just joking around but it's a thought.

Either way I'll say this again: New content is new content. I am not going to complain at all about how they will be adding on to this game. I'll fight as and against the new editions with a big smile on my face! :cool:

Soul.RED
01-13-2017, 02:07 AM
Couldn't have said it better on my own ;)

There is just a point I would like to add ... For Honor is a game without magic, dragons, etc. (which also said one of the main devs in a video) - how can there be Romans then?? :confused:
Maybe late-Roman or Italian soldiers (which would be simple knight-like ... just btw) , but not these 4th century legionaries. I think manipulating the time to bring them in late medieval around 14th century is definitely kinda magic ;b

Please stay in time at least, when adding new Heroes!

don't forget,
from the history standpoint viking and samurai is from different era
so, it's really not out of theme/era if in For Honor that Romans Empire is on there somewhere from the first time, not summoned using time magic

waraidako
01-13-2017, 03:53 AM
Also, the Byzantines considered themselves Romans. So in that sense, the Roman Empire lasted until 1453, well after the Viking Age, and well into the renaissance. The Roman civilization lasted for over 2000 years.

DBLxxShotz
01-13-2017, 05:06 AM
Im so tired of hearing people crying about authenticity. Hate to break it to some of you but this is a fantasy game so historical accuracy is pretty much out the window in the sense of what warriors can be used. Im all for different factions and warriors as long as it doesnt ruin game balance. Id like warriors from all time periods so i have no issues with it.

xLeapingLizardx
01-13-2017, 06:31 AM
Im so tired of hearing people crying about authenticity. Hate to break it to some of you but this is a fantasy game so historical accuracy is pretty much out the window in the sense of what warriors can be used. Im all for different factions and warriors as long as it doesnt ruin game balance. Id like warriors from all time periods so i have no issues with it.

Agreed^
Precisely why in my argument I focused on how the game is marketed instead of my own fantasies of this game being in line with "historical accuracy".

TheBearJew411
01-13-2017, 08:02 AM
I do not like the idea of all new factions. Knights, Vikings, and Samurais work well with one another..... you can simply add 2 more heroes per faction and that would be great. Maybe a mace wielding Knight, a chain and sickle wielding Samurai, and a Viking with a ax and knife. I just don't see why introduce more factions because the entire lore is set around these three factions and a 1,000 year long war. if after 1,000 years nobody has shown up it would seem ridiculous to all of a sudden just have them walk in and start fighting.

Eirmund
01-13-2017, 08:15 AM
Well, judging from the image, it seems very likely that they're just adding new classes to the existing factions. In fact, from the wording, I almost guarantee it.

People just seem to have an issue with one of the Knights being a Centurion. I'm just trying to suggest ways that they can implement the classes without making it look out of place. But I honestly don't mind having these additional classes at all. I think it'll be great.

Dez_troi_aR
01-13-2017, 11:56 AM

Authenticity or historical accuracy was never my point. Read again.

tomskyxbox
01-13-2017, 02:10 PM
While I'm all for additional heroes I was initially skeptical about new factions. However an appollyon faction for famous warriors from cultures who couldn't necessarily justify a whole new faction would work I think. And as someone else has said, extra content is extra content, I'm open to whatever form it takes.

AlmightyWarlock
01-14-2017, 04:10 AM
You know guys...there's a chance that it isn't a centurion at all...I think it looks awfully similar to various types of Arthurian helmet I've seen at various renfairs...

waraidako
01-14-2017, 10:24 AM
The whole thing looks kind of suspect. The ninja is wearing shoulder pads and some kind of scale mail, and the "centurion" is wearing a musculata, which afaik outside of greek cultures was strictly ceremonial, and not worn in combat. The shoulder pad design doesn't look like anything I've ever seen either. Then again the vikings aren't wearing real armour either, so who knows?