PDA

View Full Version : will for honor have ranked matches and a leaderboard?

Reaper_Sykko
01-12-2017, 03:49 PM
I never tought of asking that because i just assumed its in the game , and i hope it is , but will this game have ranked matches and a leaderboard? not just for 1v1 but for dominion and all the other mods.

MyStach
01-12-2017, 04:30 PM
no ones knows , at least no announcement on that

but the game is good for competitions so i guess it will be

Dez_troi_aR
01-12-2017, 04:43 PM
Lets hope so.
I would also like leagues which pool similar skilled players together. + Occasional tournaments.

If it is just everyone against everyone the players skills wont develop as good as they would in a league enviroment, the newbies get frustrated and the advanced and pro players bored. Noone wins.

MyStach
01-12-2017, 05:11 PM
I would also like leagues which pool similar skilled players together. + Occasional tournaments.

The game have a matchmaking system

e.Key
01-12-2017, 08:39 PM
If it doesn't it will be a big nono for me.

Reaper_Sykko
01-12-2017, 11:08 PM
yeah ranking and leaderboards creates a real competition and keeps people playing even if the game has been out for months , at least thats what it does to me.

Mr_Gallows
01-13-2017, 08:35 AM
How about private matches, where you invite specific people to a game?

ScaryDangerMan
01-13-2017, 09:25 AM
I would like to see a ranked mode simply for finding good players to watch youtube videos/streams of. Its always more fun to watch really talented and skilled players. Most of the videos from the last test where they showed the 3 new classes the majority of the players could barely block (no offense to any of those guys of course,everyones new at one point)but to me the excitement of FH is a great fight. If both guys are just spamming attacks hoping for best its not very entertaining.

Sengoku-GOW
01-13-2017, 01:19 PM
yeah ranking and leaderboards creates a real competition and keeps people playing even if the game has been out for months , at least thats what it does to me. This is going to be epic... I would like to have leaderboards and have real competition. One more month... We are so there... I'm focus on the War of Factions, that covers all platforms of a world wide competition... I'm a Samurai here...

DrExtrem
01-13-2017, 01:39 PM
Lets hope so.

If it is just everyone against everyone the players skills wont develop as good as they would in a league enviroment, the newbies get frustrated and the advanced and pro players bored. Noone wins.

Leagues would be a good start and matchmaking would be easier. This game needs a competitive mode for players, who play to win - no matter how. Also, this would give more jovial players the chance to enjoy more relaxed games.

Win win situation

Dez_troi_aR
01-13-2017, 06:44 PM
The game have a matchmaking system

That is great. I would prefer if it is not just something working in the background but actually a token of prestige. In SC2 you are not just matched against more or less equal skilled players, you enter. the diamond league, for example. Works like in sports. It is much more satisfying that way :)

UbiNoty
01-14-2017, 12:44 AM
Hello! We're currently hard at work in the middle of preparing for the CB - and while no decisions have been made yet about leaderboards/ranked ladders they're definitely an option! :D

DrExtrem
01-14-2017, 12:50 AM
Great news.

It is important to have multiple branches to make both competitive and casual players happy. Two separate matchmaking pools for each game mode would be a good start.

Reaper_Sykko
01-14-2017, 01:10 AM
Hello! We're currently hard at work in the middle of preparing for the CB - and while no decisions have been made yet about leaderboards/ranked ladders they're definitely an option! :D

yes plz

e.Key
01-14-2017, 03:59 PM

That is kinda worrisome ... a month before release and if there a no ranks yet it means there won't be for quite a while. I guess earliest then with the first major DLC ...
Might not buy the game without ranks/leaderboards :(

Reaper_Sykko
01-14-2017, 05:02 PM
That is kinda worrisome ... a month before release and if there a no ranks yet it means there won't be for quite a while. I guess earliest then with the first major DLC ...
Might not buy the game without ranks/leaderboards :(

its ok as long as they add it even if its not at launch , the season dosent have to start at launch , like in some other games when the game launch thers only quick match and the a few weeks later they open season 1 with ranked matches available for a period of time and then it closes again to prepare for season 2 .

e.Key
01-14-2017, 06:22 PM
its ok as long as they add it even if its not at launch , the season dosent have to start at launch , like in some other games when the game launch thers only quick match and the a few weeks later they open season 1 with ranked matches available for a period of time and then it closes again to prepare for season 2 .

Sure, but if they didn't even decide, let alone started working on a system, it will take a lot of time. No way it will be done in under 6 months.

Ribberr
01-15-2017, 05:00 PM
For Honor really needs ranked matches and leaderboards for the more competitive players to keep an interest. Like sure, doing duels and other modes is fun but when there is no bigger goal to achieve it might get boring for some people. I personally would really like ranked matches since then you can see how good you are compared to other players and you seem to progress forward in the game -> "Yey got to silver 3 rank! Damn i'm good."

Dez_troi_aR
01-15-2017, 05:38 PM
For Honor really needs ranked matches and leaderboards for the more competitive players to keep an interest. Like sure, doing duels and other modes is fun but when there is no bigger goal to achieve it might get boring for some people. I personally would really like ranked matches since then you can see how good you are compared to other players and you seem to progress forward in the game -> "Yey got to silver 3 rank! Damn i'm good."

Absolutly. As happy as i am about a chance to play the game during the beta and the approaching release date, i cant help but wonder why something so obviously fitting the game is not included at launch :/ . It is adding so much motivation if you have something measuring your process
(doesnt mean i want the release delayed... no way :D)

vertigomonkey
01-16-2017, 09:26 PM
Sure, but if they didn't even decide, let alone started working on a system, it will take a lot of time. No way it will be done in under 6 months.

I guess I took the response to be that it's a feature they have been working on, but may not be ready immediately. Software development rarely results in a 100% complete product being released at launch, but with dedicated effort, the game will continue to improve. I feel like The Division is a good example of this, but here's to hoping For Honor has less of a rocky start :) . When I get into these styles of games, I tend to get competitive, so I'm definitely hoping for some visualization of ranking/rank-based matches. At the very least, we can assume that there will be cosmetics related to your progress (and probably skills/accomplishments).

Sengoku-GOW
01-17-2017, 01:46 PM
Hello! We're currently hard at work in the middle of preparing for the CB - and while no decisions have been made yet about leaderboards/ranked ladders they're definitely an option! :D Oooh I have a feeling its in the works for later game updates, I can be wrong. Right now this game For Honor is epic badass (sorry for potty mouth). I been following it since I heard about it..Hehe I hope we as the players will fight against the Dev. Team have an event for elite loot and so on..just an idea..

Sengoku-GOW
01-17-2017, 01:50 PM
For Honor really needs ranked matches and leaderboards for the more competitive players to keep an interest. Like sure, doing duels and other modes is fun but when there is no bigger goal to achieve it might get boring for some people. I personally would really like ranked matches since then you can see how good you are compared to other players and you seem to progress forward in the game -> "Yey got to silver 3 rank! Damn i'm good." I got to rank silver 2 for my Kensei

supremechi
01-25-2017, 09:13 AM

This game ment to be a game with ranked system. And im a little bit confused about this post..."and while no decisions have been made yet about leaderboards/ranked ladders they're definitely an option!" No offens, but then what will be the goal in this game??? Another perfect example, that Ubisoft allways brings up something shiny, but 2 weeks after the release it is nothing else but an empty bottle. And this kind of game without a ranked system is......
It was exactly the same with The Division, great oportunity for a really good game, but after 2 weeks of gameplay, you couldn't do anything ingame, because it had no end game content. Im afraid that For Honor will be the same, and i don't want to, because this game is full with potencial, but after this kind of pronouncement "no decisions have been made yet" makes me really nervous.
Im gonna still preorder the game, but it was obvious for me, that if you have 1v1, 2v2, and moba(ish) gamestyle in a game, then it MUST contain ranked system/leaderboards without question. Im really not sure what was the goal for the developers with this game without ranked system! :D I still can't belive it!:D
And the next problem, if the developers didn't even made the decision yet, it means, they didn't even talked about it, and if the community will push them for ranked system/leaderboards (and they will), then they must hurry to do that, and it will be lashed-together...:S

Damn, i was thinking this will be the next League of Legends for me. (im not talking about the gamestyle, im talking about that you can play with it on every single day and it's not boring)
Im not bury this game yet, because i want it to be succesful, but damn...i have to wait at least 6-12 months till i can play with the game what i imagined. Because In a few months the community can tell to the developers what kind of game they want to play in long term, and they gonna make it but im afraid it will be too late, and they gonna lose most of the part of the community.

Anyway i wish the best for this game, coz i really liked what i've seen so far.

e.Key
01-25-2017, 10:33 AM
This game ment to be a game with ranked system. And im a little bit confused about this post..."and while no decisions have been made yet about leaderboards/ranked ladders they're definitely an option!" No offens, but then what will be the goal in this game??? Another perfect example, that Ubisoft allways brings up something shiny, but 2 weeks after the release it is nothing else but an empty bottle. And this kind of game without a ranked system is......
It was exactly the same with The Division, great oportunity for a really good game, but after 2 weeks of gameplay, you couldn't do anything ingame, because it had no end game content. Im afraid that For Honor will be the same, and i don't want to, because this game is full with potencial, but after this kind of pronouncement "no decisions have been made yet" makes me really nervous.
Im gonna still preorder the game, but it was obvious for me, that if you have 1v1, 2v2, and moba(ish) gamestyle in a game, then it MUST contain ranked system/leaderboards without question. Im really not sure what was the goal for the developers with this game without ranked system! :D I still can't belive it!:D
And the next problem, if the developers didn't even made the decision yet, it means, they didn't even talked about it, and if the community will push them for ranked system/leaderboards (and they will), then they must hurry to do that, and it will be lashed-together...:S

Damn, i was thinking this will be the next League of Legends for me. (im not talking about the gamestyle, im talking about that you can play with it on every single day and it's not boring)
Im not bury this game yet, because i want it to be succesful, but damn...i have to wait at least 6-12 months till i can play with the game what i imagined. Because In a few months the community can tell to the developers what kind of game they want to play in long term, and they gonna make it but im afraid it will be too late, and they gonna lose most of the part of the community.

Totally agree with that. I just cannot understand why you would release an AAA game without a feature which is important to a lot of people. It reminds of BLizzard and "Do you really want chat channels?". Is it ignorance, supidity or just a time thing? Imo Ranked should have been way higher in the priority list.
The game will get stale for a lot of people after the first 2-3 months and ranked would keep a lot of those people.

bwort.gustl
01-26-2017, 09:32 AM
I am not a good player, medicore., but i love ranked. Pure motivation. I will wait with buy till the implent it. Until that, i stay with Siege.

el_CHINOCUDEIRO
01-26-2017, 10:22 AM
Ranked and leaderboards or the game will die before the launch of the first DLC

ElitefloO
01-29-2017, 06:16 PM
I played the Beta now and it has no leaderboards yet which makes me feel like its a waste of time especially the 1on1. Without any competetion i can also play Angry Birds or some other nonsense game. Im praying they will implement it in the final game or in the future!!!!

lucasnrachel
01-29-2017, 09:31 PM

Let the ranked games be separated and have rewards. You already have a dumb K/D/A like a shooter. Let's not make every game have call of duty stamps please? Then you get players that won't cap things or do objectives because of K/D. If you are going to do to it make punishments losing and high kills, I.e they can't just go to brawl or can't just do domination it's a non-grouped random and they are penalized for backing out, and it's back out right when they find out what type of game it is.

Szemelyi_Testor
01-29-2017, 11:32 PM

Can I ask how is this possible? It should be already in even if we dont get acces it in beta, this game is crave for ladder to be competitive. I mean this is a pvp game the content in it to fight against other players. Dedicated players whos focusing on 1 class will reach a level when they beats most of the ppl. At that point why shoud they log in when they arent matched against players whos around the same skill level? Im aware about that when you are que in we see system is looking for if i recall correctly high medium etc skill level ppl. How the system determines whos high medium etc skill level, and if you are using an algorythm for it why cant we get a ladder or leaderboard which we can climb. From my point of view i had 2 days heavy testing on this game and almost got 2. reputetion level on my warden with a solid 47item level. At that point i never seen anybody whos got sameish item level. Most of the 4v4 games I've been matched with 1-2 1Xppl and rest was 1-2-3. When I got my rep 1 lvl pretty early and got a 3-0 victory i got flame as well when i played against ppl whos were only 3-4 level on their character. I belive its annoying to play against somebody whos more exped and beats you but it is annyoing too getting the same "yea get a life" "how could on on that lvl r you cheating?" or just they explain how should i **** myself or somebody else... if i would face against ppl whos got the same skill level as me and if it would be a ranked system i would bought this game already.

The current repution levels not equal with skill cause i met a few rep 1 players whos wasnt nearly that good as few 12-13ish ppl. I want to play against ppl whos on my skill level or even stronger if i get a winning streak i want to meet players whos rly commited to play well and i want to match against them. But my only fear is you thought this would be enough and you wont implement ranked so if i would play this as my main game i would be called on names constantly and while facing newish ppl. I would like to focus on 1on1 i dont realy care some classes are better,faster or etc etc i like the fight very much and the whole combat system but i dont want to be scamed in for promises which will never take place in reality. We saw this too many times, on others overhyped games recently.

What you got here is good, unique and you can only fail to succeed if you dont see it could be an E-sport game but you have to make a competitive area for it it thats how ppl will stick with it after the hype and thats how you will get ppl whos will be known as proish for honor players/streamers. If you wont do this i think this game will be another one of the list which hold only for 2-3month. Right now If that 2 days i would have been on live i probably pause to play only after 2 days and wait others to catch up cause there is nothing in it to push forward as a cometitive player. If i would commit myself i would pull the items up more higher but why would I do it? The game already says its xy days left from season give me a leaderboard to climb and a reward for those whos participated unique paintings etc something which look cool for only those whos the best xy% on the ranked. Something for the hc gamers aswell please those whos pull the others as well just check when a popular pro streamer switch a game whos following him and look up for him they want to play that game too.

Kovy__
01-29-2017, 11:36 PM
...and while no decisions have been made yet about leaderboards/ranked ladders they're definitely an option! :D

Someone please tell me what is going on over at Ubisoft. No leaderboards? No ranks? No dedicated servers? Have any Ubisoft developers ever played an online game?

radreaper203
01-30-2017, 02:51 AM

Ill be quick, this game NEEDS ranked. Otherwise there is literally ZERO late game. ZERO reason to grind. Your community has spoken. Please start working on ranked immediately. Its should be literally priority one.

supremechi
01-31-2017, 02:02 PM
Well i played around 30 hours during this Beta, and now im even more sad....
Why?
Because i thought that in this game the fights will be enjoyable, but it's not ture...it's not enjoyable, but this is a the freking heaven!!!444!4! This game has the best fighting system i've ever played! I mean those 1v1 2v2 games....and we didn't even played 4v4 Elemination! (Dominion is a potato for me...why every1 have to copy the "good" old FPS gamestyles which is already boring, so it's a fail for me personally)

Now im even more sad, that this GREAT fighting game will have no cointain ranked system at the start.

I don't want to blame the developers, coz they do what the boss told to them, so i blame the "boss" who didn't even realised that maybe the next best e-sport game is in his hand, and he forgot the most important component from it: the ranked system.

It's like you release Mortal Kombat with ONLY single player mode, but not multi! :D :D :D
Huge huge huge mistake, i just blinking, and don't understand it how....:)
Funny and sad in the same time.

Waynedetta40k
01-31-2017, 03:17 PM
Honestly "an option"?
Dedicated Servers and Ranked should be mandatory because this game is literally the most skill based pvp game i have played since ever.

Reaper_Sykko
01-31-2017, 03:51 PM
Honestly "an option"?
Dedicated Servers and Ranked should be mandatory because this game is literally the most skill based pvp game i have played since ever.

yeah exacly , it dosent bother me if they add it in the future , as long as its added , the top prioritys should be Ranked modes/Leaderboards > Dedicated Servers > Unlock Genderlock for all classes.

Bxmurray
02-01-2017, 10:55 PM

this comment is so important for this game, as a community we should make this thread go viral just so the developers can see how important ranked gameplay is for a long-lasting loyal community. people really need to like and comment on this mans post!!

Civicus93
02-02-2017, 02:32 AM
the developers have a small chance to make this an e sport game. When they add quick a ranked mode etc this will motivate players to play for YEARS. They coud then make more tournaments based on the leagues. I woud love to watch extrem skilled 1 v 1 matches of platin players in an gladiator arena on twitch :o So mutch potential.

Otherwise this game will loose mutch of its player base after a year or even quicker. Please dont miss this chance

UbiNoty
02-02-2017, 02:44 AM
Hello all! I'm a huge esports fanatic too and I just wanted to drop in and say it's great that you're all so passionate about FH's potential.

I just wanted to caution you all from reading too much into my words. I can't really comment on any information in regards to a ranked system as none of that information has yet been announced. For now, enjoy your free time and social life before Open Beta begins! :D And from there, release day will be here before you can say "For Hon-"

Jhonbanting
02-02-2017, 06:02 PM
competitive games means ranked, i fall in love with for honor so please implement your ranked system plus with dedicated servers

MrScruty
02-02-2017, 06:32 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEGVIPCNHpI

In short; it's coming!

Dez_troi_aR
02-02-2017, 06:37 PM
YES !!!!
RANKED ANNOUNCED !! AND TURNEYS !!!!!! OH THE GLORY !!!!

RIDE NOW !!!! RIDE TO RUIN !!!! AND BLOODSHED !!!! ERE THE SUN RISES !!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaper_Sykko
02-02-2017, 08:00 PM

WE DID IT BOIS

Reaper_Sykko
02-02-2017, 08:02 PM
btw by tourneys do they mean tournament mode ? like online tournaments or do they actually mean local stuff like esports? either way its a really good news

Twisted-Karma
02-02-2017, 08:45 PM

WE DID IT BOIS

Epic, cannot wait any longer, the video looks ledgit, if it's a troll it's a dam good one :p

supremechi
02-14-2017, 02:54 PM
Hello all! I'm a huge esports fanatic too and I just wanted to drop in and say it's great that you're all so passionate about FH's potential.

I just wanted to caution you all from reading too much into my words. I can't really comment on any information in regards to a ranked system as none of that information has yet been announced. For now, enjoy your free time and social life before Open Beta begins! :D And from there, release day will be here before you can say "For Hon-"

Dear Developers!

If you don't have time to figure out something uniqe for ranked, then just ctrl+c ctrl+v the League of Legends rankded stystem (like bronze 1-2-3-4-5/silver 1-2-3-4-5/gold 1-2... etc). It's not a shame if you copy from the most succesful online game. i was a LoL fan (after WoW arena), coz how good was the ranked system in it, and it was never boring. But now you bought me with your game guys for real, so pls just put the same league system what LoL has already, and every1 will be happy. Don't forget, a boring ranked system can be a fail aswell (like Mortal Kombat X...such a fail ranked system)...so for the love of god, if you have to hurry, just ctrl+c ctrl+v the system from LoL, the community won't blame you for that!

And also, pls PUT NUMBERS IN THE GAME!!!
I got a new gear, and what i can see, that the defense bar filled a little bit more....i mean, wtf????:))
PPL LIKE THE NUMBERS, LIKE THE STATISTICS! We like to counting how many attack we need, or defense, or stamina etc.
Also match history, isolated statistic for 1v1, 2v2, 4v4 (how many win/lose we have). Not an overall winrate with K/D/A...lol like in a boring FPS, come on...this game deserve a "BIT" more!!!

So there is a lot of things to do, but it can evolve to the top, if the developers listen to the community. This game is a little bit arcade right now without numbers, and trust me, we like the numbers/statistics.

Don't be afraid to check the best online games and get the good ideas from it! Don't want to be uniq all the time. You are guys ALREADY uniqe with the best fighting style ever, now you can "steal" the good ideas from the big dogs....

For example look at Blizzard...they allways steal the best ideas from everywhere, and forge it into one. Don't be afraid to do the same, we won't blame you, as we are not blaming Blizzard aswell.