PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes: Title Update 1.09

Rawrena
01-09-2017, 08:56 PM
Today we’ll be releasing a small patch on PlayStation 4, which will also be available on Xbox One and PC later in the coming days. The purpose of Title Update 1.09 is mainly to prepare the game for some upcoming updates, but also includes several stabilization, performance and bug fixes. Here are two items in this patch you should be aware of:

• YourBoySerge Nerf – This .50 Cal sniper rifle has been the subject of some debate in the community, and is considered to be overpowered in online play. In this patch, we’ve reduced the number of rounds in the magazine from 6 to 1, and we will continue to monitor and balance this beasty rifle.

• World Map/Online Invasion Exploit – Fixed an issue where players could help detect the presence of an invader in their session using an exploit with the World Map.

TeltrasGaming
01-09-2017, 11:31 PM
Finally! I just want to play with good performance on PC, thanks Ubisoft I hope to see that update this week :) !

buttkicker3659
01-10-2017, 01:06 AM
I can see the reason behind this nerf, but its a step too far. Being a user of the "YourBoySerge" S.R. myself, A nerf was expected, like half mag cap. But going from 6 to 1 is overboard. At this state, it holds no practicality what so ever.

SaltedHorseMeat
01-10-2017, 01:40 AM
Buttkicker does make a solid statement. I would like it if you guys at Ubisoft were to expand the magazine size to just a bit more than one bullet, because if you don't, then you would have to remodel and reanimate the YourBoySerge sniper rifle so that It's like a single-shot bolt-action rifle.

Skauron
01-10-2017, 09:17 AM
I do agree that 1 is extreme. Aside from anything else it is a valuable weapon for using on all those chase me runners in invasions when everything else has failed you due to things like car hacks being red icons etc. mag of 3 i think would me more than adequate.

wootwoots
01-10-2017, 11:02 AM
ONLY that -_-"
Guess like many ubisoft games, we can go ... see somewhere else... for true performance optimization ? :rolleyes:

Also, if you destroy a weapon because of the online, so in the solo its turned to crap... dear lord.
At least do it right and make that change ONLY when online >_>

zer05um
01-10-2017, 01:51 PM
Today we’ll be releasing a small patch on PlayStation 4, which will also be available on Xbox One and PC later in the coming days. The purpose of Title Update 1.09 is mainly to prepare the game for some upcoming updates, but also includes several stabilization, performance and bug fixes. Here are two items in this patch you should be aware of:

• YourBoySerge Nerf – This .50 Cal sniper rifle has been the subject of some debate in the community, and is considered to be overpowered in online play. In this patch, we’ve reduced the number of rounds in the magazine from 6 to 1, and we will continue to monitor and balance this beasty rifle.

Really? Really?! Like who? I haven't seen any threads regarding this, but I have seen a TON regarding game breaking bugs. How about you fix the broken stuff versus things that don't really matter. In WD1 it had a 2 round clip.

jayottsel
01-10-2017, 02:06 PM
6 to 1 is just a joke, it needs to be at least a 2 round weapon its next to useless now, might as well have just taken it out the game.

D4rk_Kn1ght_1971
01-10-2017, 04:42 PM
You know .50 cal sniper rifles have magazines right?
http://funthingstodolasvegas.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Barrett-.50-cal.jpg
I am more than certain that this magazine holds more than 1 round.
Go back to 6 rounds and reduce the reloading time.
Reduce the stability.
Something other than the amount of rounds in the mag.

Skauron
01-10-2017, 05:04 PM
We have found that the double barrel shotgun is far too powerful, so we are removing one of the barrels so you have to reload after every shot. Sound fair? :D

MenocidiX
01-10-2017, 08:35 PM
Yeah that was a dumb decision. One-bullet-mag? C'mon... Haven't seen the so called debate regarding this. It's just crap, change it back.

SnakeEyes6636
01-10-2017, 09:20 PM
Damn, they finally did it, they nerfed the 50.cal sniper. Really it shouldn't have been nerfed. The unnerfed version was perfect. Anyways ubisoft, while you were at it, you should have fixed how the bodyguards in bounty hunter mode keep respawning and getting in the hunters way. If the hunters and the bounty get one chance they should too.

A_Colder_Vision
01-11-2017, 01:23 AM
Well, here is the further unbalancing of the game...

The Destroyer was the great equalizer in WD 1. Without it, your target escaping you was all but guaranteed. But it created that "Oh, ****" moment on the invader when they driving away and their vehicle blows up. I've been on both sades of the equation many, many times. That's part of what made online invasions fun.

During normal single game play, YBS seems to act like it should. But while online, it already seems to be not nearly as powerful. It seems it take multiple hit to disable vehicles and such. Now, limiting the mag size?

WD1 was a technical game which took a lot of technical skill. WD2? Not so much. But hey, it's prettier...

Merzhinhudour
01-11-2017, 02:51 AM
The weapon is too powerful, okay, let's just reduce its damage and we'll all have fun again. If it's a one shot weapon, it's never gonna be loved

wootwoots
01-11-2017, 10:21 AM
Next patch : Hello we have found out that every weapons in the game are too powerfull, so we removed them all. Also removed melee "combat" because its also too powerfull.
Somes patchs after that : hello, we have found out that hacking is far too powerfull, so we removed that option too from the game.

I wonder how much sec thoses "genius" needed to spoke about that sniper to take that dumb decision. If you arent able to take decent gamedesign decision, please dont.

Jumpy-BL
01-11-2017, 08:56 PM
Remove guns from invasions entirely, I say. I don't use them. More fun to use all the hacking tools at your disposal. If someone gets away it's no big deal. I like finding the hacker but not profiling until I'm in melee range.

A_Colder_Vision
01-12-2017, 02:38 PM
The weapon is too powerful, okay, let's just reduce its damage and we'll all have fun again. If it's a one shot weapon, it's never gonna be loved

A .50 cal is a one-shot weapon. If you're going to have it in the game, you may as well do it right. With that said. what I would suggest is that the devs should create a collision detect box where the engine should be in each vehicle. If the trajectory of a YBS round intersects that box, automatic vehicle disable. If it hits outside that box, then it's normal vehicle damage as you didn't his a critical area to disable the vehicle. That would a true balance to the game. Not reducing mag size.

wootwoots
01-14-2017, 04:09 AM
sooooo... its a uber tiny patch, and still nothing on pc ? :O

wootwoots
01-16-2017, 01:16 PM
but also includes several stabilization, performance and bug fixes

Details ?
What's thoses "several stabilization" ? stabilizatio of what exactly ?
What's thoses "performance" ? details ?

jayottsel
01-16-2017, 05:17 PM
Hoping for soooooo many things to be fixed next patch.... Ohh and change the damn sniper rifle back.... Nobody asked for the nerfing on bullets just make it less powerful.

Nuke_2303
01-21-2017, 06:53 PM
Yeah, I have to agree with the community this nerf was irrelevant I understand where players are coming from this is a beast of weapon to make the nerf abit more effective and or slightly less inconvenient make the mag size 2 or 3 and adjust the ammo pool or simply lock it untill mid game or raise the price. I am a diamond ranked player in bounty hunter because of this weapon it is a counter for us high tier players and punishment for the new guys. This post my not be much but think about it as "Constructive Criticism" .

Adventeus
01-22-2017, 05:27 AM
And in typical Ubisoft fashion...they patch things no one cares about. Not surprised.

jayottsel
01-22-2017, 08:30 PM
Still waiting for all those people who WANTED this nerf to say "Well done Ubi just what we wanted!" Oh wait... THEY DONT EXIST.... So when is the next REAL patch that acutal fixes stuff?

Mr.Enthusiastic
01-25-2017, 04:58 AM
I personally would like the yourboyserger to be another version of the destroyer from the first watchdogs game. It should have 2 rounds and maybe have increased recoil or stability. You could also just have reduced damage to players. I highly recommend reducing the damage to players because nobody uses a different weapon in online play. It basically turns into who can shoot each other first.

Ubi-Elyon
01-26-2017, 03:12 PM
Thanks for your feedback, we wanted to respond to some of the most common comments below:

Will this patch fix my stuttering/FPS issues?
This patch included tweaks to RAM Usage Optimization and Screenspace Reflections optimization, as well as minor fixes with flickering. However, due to the nature of the platform, players will experience these fixes in different ways across different PC builds. We encourage anyone still experiencing severe stuttering and framerate issues to try the following steps in this FAQ and, if that does not help, to get in touch with our Customer Support team for further assistance.

Why was Yourboyserge nerfed so severely?
Yourboyserge had so much power that it killed gun variety in PvP. Even at close-range, Yourboyserge was the best option because you could 1- or 2-shot players behind-cover due to massive damage and cover penetration. With six bullets in the magazine and a decent fire rate and reload speed, Serge was the answer to every problem.

We wanted to increase gun variety but still keep serge’s niche: A very powerful sniper that can shoot through some covers. We thus reduced the magazine size to one bullet. At long range, it’s still a powerful and dangerous weapon; but now, at close range, it’s risky. If you miss your shot, you must reload after each bullet; thus making assault rifles and other close range weapons a safer, more reliable choice in these situations.

Why am I suddenly/still experiencing crashes after installing the patch?
If you are experiencing crashes after the latest patch, please try the following steps in this (https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/faqs/000025722/Crash-On-Watch-Dogs-2) FAQ.