PDA

View Full Version : Possible New Empire Leak

Sigma 1313
01-09-2017, 05:50 PM
So in case you haven't heard, Nintendo is having a large conference in a few days to talk about their new system (the Switch) and the day after they'll be talking about games releasing on it. Well, it is possible that a picture showing the game's lineup has just leaked:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/215839996404301834/268018919522959363/Aantekening.png

Personally, I think if it's true, it'll be a Chronicles game instead of a full AC game.

crusader_prophet
01-09-2017, 06:12 PM
Personally, I think if it's true, it'll be a Chronicles game instead of a full AC game.

I truly hope that's not the case and hopefully it's something along the lines of Bloodlines prior to releasing their main entry.

darthmarticus
01-09-2017, 06:14 PM
Interesting document, not just for AC but some other titles there. Interesting launch time for an AC game but I guess we'll know in a few days or so.

Laarkoz
01-09-2017, 06:26 PM
This is obviously fake. C'mon guys...

Several leakers said that the title of the Ubisoft Mario game is Rabbids Kingdom Battle and it's not supposed to release in march, and no way Ubisoft would stay silent over an AC game that release in two months... oh and Assassin's Creed Egypt is a stupid name (like Frost Land by the way).

It's just like the fake logos https://imgur.com/gallery/iu1Rc People are just having fun

RVSage
01-09-2017, 07:26 PM
I am expecting an announcement around March, that is pretty much it

LoyalACFan
01-09-2017, 07:55 PM
Lol they're saying it's gonna launch in two months? C'mon, people.

crusader_prophet
01-09-2017, 09:12 PM
Sigma, where did you find this picture?

RVSage
01-09-2017, 10:23 PM
The image was from IGN France., twitter account, now deleted

Sorrosyss
01-09-2017, 11:15 PM
There was a rumour of a fourth Chronicles title awhile back. The naming convention fits. Plus the series lends itself well to handheld.

I'm gonna be mad if there's an exclusivity period for the Switch though.

SixKeys
01-10-2017, 01:37 AM
There was a rumour of a fourth Chronicles title awhile back. The naming convention fits. Plus the series lends itself well to handheld.

I'm gonna be mad if there's an exclusivity period for the Switch though.

I'm gonna be more mad if we've all been excited about Egypt this whole time and it turns out it's just another Chronicles game.

I doubt this is legit, though. "Assassin's Creed Egypt" sounds suspect.

rob1990312
01-10-2017, 08:41 AM
i think it would be kind of funny if empire turned out to be another chronicles game and the next ac was a sequel to syndicate

ERICATHERINE
01-10-2017, 09:12 AM
Well, if empire happen to be a chronicle game, I don't see why it was said to have a witcher feel. The witcher 3 wild hunt have absolutely nothing similar to an acc game, from my point of view. My guess is that that leak is not a true leak. I could be wrong, but I really don't think ubisoft could keep a secret a new ac game until about 2 months before released. I think we would surely see some sort of trailers by now if that was the true release. Of course I could be wrong, but for me, it's seems to good to be true. ^-^

Sorrosyss
01-10-2017, 09:27 AM
I'm gonna be more mad if we've all been excited about Egypt this whole time and it turns out it's just another Chronicles game.

True. It would be an epic troll if Egypt was never a triple AAA after all this time. But, I suppose on the other hand maybe this is some kind of prequel, or laying backstory of the protagonist. Guess we'll see in two days.

I think we would surely see some sort of trailers by now if that was the true release. Of course I could be wrong, but for me, it's seems to good to be true. ^-^

From memory, both India and Russia had their reveal trailers about a week before their release. It was all pretty low key. Admittedly they'd been seen in the trilogy trailer the year before, but still. Two months may on reflection be pretty generous. And if it is an exclusive (grr), then timing the reveal for the Switch event sadly makes sense.

Goxxi
01-10-2017, 01:50 PM
Well it's possible that AC : Egypy is another Chronicles sequel , why not , but If this is for real then I think that automatically increases the odds that rummors about Assassin's Creed 1389 are also a true.

pacmanate
01-10-2017, 04:40 PM
Well it's possible that AC : Egypy is another Chronicles sequel , why not , but If this is for real then I think that automatically increases the odds that rummors about Assassin's Creed 1389 are also a true.

Itdoesn't.

That anon on 4Chan could have been me for all you know. That guy/girl had no evidence whatsoever. No different to anyone here being anon and saying "its set in China"

Edit: This has been confirmed fake as expected.

rob1990312
01-10-2017, 06:38 PM
i think without a shadow of a doubt that the next main game for consoles is in egypt the rumours have gone on for too long now without being discredited by ubi like the rumour has gotten too big now to suddenly announce some obscure time period or location like this 1300sumthing game

ERICATHERINE
01-11-2017, 01:13 AM
From memory, both India and Russia had their reveal trailers about a week before their release. It was all pretty low key. Admittedly they'd been seen in the trilogy trailer the year before, but still. Two months may on reflection be pretty generous. And if it is an exclusive (grr), then timing the reveal for the Switch event sadly makes sense.

The 2 months thing I was talking about wasn't about "before the reveal trailer". It was about "before the leak". One could argue that Egypt was leaked as empire, but the rumor about empire was (from my point of view) clearly not about an acc game.

The rumor said empire would have a witcher feel. From my point of view the witcher 3 wild hunt have nothing similar to any acc game. For acc to have a witcher feel, I think ubisoft would have to make pretty big changes that would, in the end, not make it look like an acc game.

As for the original acc games, they were revealed before unity was even buyable, if I remember corectly and there was a leak before that. So, if I'm correct, India and Russia were leaked more than one year before they came out. That's another reason why I think that this leak about ac Egypt is false.

Another reasonwhy I think it isn't a real acc is actually the title itself. If it would really be an acc Egypt, I think that the board would have written on it "Assassin's creed chronicles Egypt" instead of "Assassin's creed Egypt". If I remember correctly, that's how the leak about acc called the 3 games. Plus, if it is written on a board of nintendo my guess is that it's supposed to be the real name.

So, like I said, I could be wrong, but my guess is that, eather it isn't an actual acc or it is a false leak. ^-^

rob1990312
01-11-2017, 10:11 AM
ac and the witcher are not that differrent what do you think is the difference

ERICATHERINE
01-11-2017, 10:50 AM
ac and the witcher are not that differrent what do you think is the difference

I know ac and the witcher have similarities, but acc have way less similarities than ac, with the witcher (ac = assassin's creed. Acc = assassin's creed chronicle. Just to be sure you understand). I won't start a debate about the difference between acc and the witcher, since that's not the subject of this thread, but for a quick exemple there is no free roam in acc while the witcher have that. Sure, one could arg that in acc, the path you take sometimes separate, but that's about it and in the end, you can't explore in any other way than by following a road that lead to an objective. Remember the mountain part of ac 2? Well acc China is for at least a big part of it (I didn't play India or Russia, nor do I plan to) made like that location, in the way the 2 are made. A simple road that, on rare occasion, separate the same way as a "y", during a mission.

rob1990312
01-11-2017, 11:09 AM
ya there is no similarites between cronicles game and the witcher i thought you meant the main games

ERICATHERINE
01-11-2017, 11:36 AM
ya there is no similarites between cronicles game and the witcher i thought you meant the main games

That's what I thought. That's why I wrote what I meant by acc, when comparing with ac, between the "(...)". ^-^

legendvinu
01-11-2017, 11:55 AM
So in case you haven't heard, Nintendo is having a large conference in a few days to talk about their new system (the Switch) and the day after they'll be talking about games releasing on it. Well, it is possible that a picture showing the game's lineup has just leaked:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/215839996404301834/268018919522959363/Aantekening.png

IMO the pic can be true because if they plan to release the game in 2017 then the announcement will be in March and the game will be displayed in E3 2017 so it can be true but on the darker side they officially said that it is coded named as Empire but it says Egypt that's where I am ampa confused. This can also say that the title may change like they did with the Victory(Syndicate). I hope it's true and come in 2017 I would be happy.

I doubt this is legit, though. "Assassin's Creed Egypt" sounds suspect.

Come on SixKeys they would not talk this much about the game (in debt) and the would have not compare it with Unity ok. So Assassin's creed Empire or Egypt is next main series game.so cool. "And it's great game; looking good," added in Ubisoft's CFO Alain Martinez about the Empire
and wait
"We can't say much about that yet," said Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot when asked about the next Assassin's Creed during the company's earnings call in September, 2016. "We are working hard on this game, and it will be launched when ready." It's the main series they are talking about.

Ubisoft Reportedly Releasing New ‘Assassin’s Creed’ For Nintendo Switch, PS4 And Xbox One Soon so this is real

guci94
01-11-2017, 12:33 PM
IMO the leaked image is true. AC Egypt must be a Nintendo Switch exclusive (I doub't it has the quality of the main games). All the other games and release dates are pretty credible. Anyway we'll know the truth in two days. Nintedo's Switch presentation is January 13th

crusader_prophet
01-11-2017, 06:24 PM
IMO the leaked image is true. AC Egypt must be a Nintendo Switch exclusive (I doub't it has the quality of the main games). All the other games and release dates are pretty credible. Anyway we'll know the truth in two days. Nintedo's Switch presentation is January 13th

It's most likely a game like "AC1 bloodlines" setting up the prologue to next main entry. Making this NX exclusive will help UbiSoft to gauge demand on the NX platform and whether or not to allocate resources in the next few months to port the main entry for the NX platform. In the process they make some money from the launch of NX.

Laarkoz
01-11-2017, 06:44 PM
There is no "maybe". It's a fake, that's it.

Helforsite
01-12-2017, 12:31 PM
If this Assassins Creed Egypt game is real, I also think it will be some sort of tie-in to Empire, but I seriously doubt that it will be Swith exclusive, because that would be a dumb buisness move from Ubisoft.

crusader_prophet
01-12-2017, 05:11 PM
If this Assassins Creed Egypt game is real, I also think it will be some sort of tie-in to Empire, but I seriously doubt that it will be Swith exclusive, because that would be a dumb buisness move from Ubisoft.

Timed exclusive until they are ready to announce the main entry. Then this becomes a pre-order bonus for other console owners for the main entry game.

Helforsite
01-12-2017, 09:03 PM
Timed exclusive until they are ready to announce the main entry. Then this becomes a pre-order bonus for other console owners for the main entry game.
If they do in that way, it would make sense, you are quite right.

Helforsite
01-13-2017, 06:07 AM
There was no trace of Assassins Creed anywhere in the presentation :(

Sigma 1313
01-13-2017, 07:15 AM
Yup, confirmed fake. Wrong dates for Zelda, Mario, Splatoon, Mario Kart, and wrong names for everything but Zelda. That along proves that "leak" was completely fake.

D.I.D.
01-13-2017, 07:29 AM
And also this new machine, while very nice and a tempting purchase, appears to follow the Nintendo tradition of AA-phobia and poor specifications. It's hard to imagine Syndicate running on this machine, and I would suggest its unlikely that Empire will ever make an appearance either.

Besides, the Switch is only $300. That would strike a limit on how powerful we can expect it to be from any console maker, but we also have to remember that this is $300 in Nintendo money. The pro controller costs $70, which should be a sharp reminder that the price Nintendo sets is not even in the ballpark of how much their products cost to manufacture.

I kind of want one though. Splatoon 2, Arms, and the OW Mario thing look nice.

crusader_prophet
01-13-2017, 04:25 PM
There was no trace of Assassins Creed anywhere in the presentation :(

Phew! Crisis averted 😁

The4orTy67
01-13-2017, 09:12 PM
Would be stupid of Ubisoft to release BG&E2 as a timed exclusive on this abomination of a console.

ERICATHERINE
01-14-2017, 02:22 AM
Well, if empire happen to be a chronicle game, I don't see why it was said to have a witcher feel. The witcher 3 wild hunt have absolutely nothing similar to an acc game, from my point of view. My guess is that that leak is not a true leak. I could be wrong, but I really don't think ubisoft could keep a secret a new ac game until about 2 months before released. I think we would surely see some sort of trailers by now if that was the true release. Of course I could be wrong, but for me, it's seems to good to be true. ^-^

Well. It seems I was right, after all. :cool:

legendvinu
01-14-2017, 02:45 AM
Well. It seems I was right, after all. :cool:

I think we should wait till march to find it out. I agree with You it may be fake and it can be a game for Nintendo exclusive after digging I found out it is not the main game series Thanks and You are right.

cawatrooper9
01-17-2017, 03:50 PM
And also this new machine, while very nice and a tempting purchase, appears to follow the Nintendo tradition of AA-phobia and poor specifications. It's hard to imagine Syndicate running on this machine, and I would suggest its unlikely that Empire will ever make an appearance either.

Really? I thought that, at least for Nintendo, this was a step forward. It's getting Skyrim which is 3rd party AAA, and runs on high-ish specs. I mean, it was last gen (or is it now last-last gen, now that Nintendo released this already?) but for them it's not bad.

When it comes to specs- it's sad, but true- you kind of have to curb your expectations with Nintendo.

D.I.D.
01-17-2017, 09:36 PM
Really? I thought that, at least for Nintendo, this was a step forward. It's getting Skyrim which is 3rd party AAA, and runs on high-ish specs. I mean, it was last gen (or is it now last-last gen, now that Nintendo released this already?) but for them it's not bad.

When it comes to specs- it's sad, but true- you kind of have to curb your expectations with Nintendo.

The basic system is only 32GB, of which the OS will eat a certain amount, therefore you can expect that no game of the size of Syndicate can ever go on it. Sure, most people are likely to run their games off a physical cartridge, but the machine without further expansion needs to be able to run each title if it's downloaded. The Switch can't.

Then you look at the graphical capability. As we've come to expect from Nintendo hardware, edges are jagged due to no anti-aliasing, and that's on games with much lower sophistication than the new ACs. The texturing is poor, there's no tesselation, and even mapping effects and lighting effects are very basic.

It feels to me as though they've shrunk and rearranged the Wii-U (not literally, of course - it is different hardware, but I mean this in terms of the core concept and performance targets). As a successor to the Wii-U, it could probably run AC3, Liberation and BF4 reasonably well. If anything like Unity or Syndicate was ever to hit the Switch, and I'm really not sure that it can, it would be a heavily compromised version of whatever you'd get to play on PS4/XB1/PC.

I don't see anything impressive about getting Skyrim running on it. It's not a particularly demanding game, and it runs very well on a wide range of PC tech. People got it running on tablets years ago - here it is on a Surface Pro 2, two and a half years ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytKLkrJiBHM

The leap from doing that to running the complex geometry of Syndicate's London, plus the crowds and AI, is immense.

[edit] The new Zelda is running at 900p on TVs. This is a weak console. Like I said, I still want one, and it will provide lot of fun experiences, but the chances of it being your only games machine for this gen are pretty much zero. If you want to play the most resource-hungry games, you're going to need a second option.

crusader_prophet
02-07-2017, 12:45 AM
Another fake leak...these "leaksters" really need to put on a habit of running the spell check in Word at the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdgaMYZdUfw

Shahkulu101
02-07-2017, 01:21 AM
First time seeing this. The image here is confirmed BS, but I have heard rumors that there is an AC game to be launching with Nintendo Switch. If that's going to be the case, it would have to be a smaller Chronicles-style game, because there's no way Ubi would just drop a full AC game with only a month of marketing lol. And tbh, I highly doubt the rumor is true, you'd think all the launch titles would be announced at the launch event, so yeah...not really expecting to see AC launch with the Switch. However a smaller scale AC game released for the Switch does make sense, since it very likely couldn't run the full game, and Ubi always do their best to support Nintendo consoles, and releasing an AC title might be a good way of doing that, or perhaps it would just piss people off because the Switch gets an inferior game, haha.