PDA

View Full Version : NEXT GAME RUMOR: Assassin's Creed 1389

RinoTheBouncer
01-09-2017, 01:43 PM
According to a user on 4Chan, the next Assassin's Creed game will be set in 1389.

The modern day will somehow be related to Gavrilo Princip.
The place will control a warrior related to Czar Lazar Hrebeljanovic.
The game is expected to be announced June 15th (E3 time) and is expected to be titled Assassin's Creed 1389.
There will be different various of the Eden artifacts and relics.

So far, the anonymous user on 4Chan did not explain how he/she got their hands on this information. So this remains an unconfirmed rumor. The Codex will update you as more information become available.

For more: www.thecodex.network

Laarkoz
01-09-2017, 02:11 PM
I mean, it's just a thread with 7 posts buried in the depths of 4chan. Doesn't seem relevant to me...

Goxxi
01-09-2017, 02:51 PM
Idemooooo Srbijaaaa Srbijaaaa !!!

As Serbian and as fan of Assassin's Creed franchise I have to say that no words to describe how much I am excited If this is a true , If this is a true Rino you have a lunch in your favorite restourant on me ;)

I have to say that 1389 was a battle of Kosovo (Ottoman Serbian war) when started occupation of Balkan peninsula , 1389 that number even became a myth for us Serbs , because although we were in slavery for next 500 years under the Ottomans , Battle of Kosovo and 1389 was a year when our people started a long long fight for freedom and against slavery that lasted for centuries.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Kosovo

Probably in the game we will meet Milos Obilic :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milo%C5%A1_Obili%C4%87

Serbian national hero and national icon , he became a symbol of bravery and patriotism.

m4r-k7
01-09-2017, 04:10 PM
Why the hell do people think this could be true in any shape or form. I mean I know Empire was leaked on 4chan, but that was backed up by Kotaku and their sources. This is just some random dude on 4chan posting art / google images of 14th century figures, saying that the game will be called AC: 1389 (which it would not be called anyway)

I mean I could go on 4chan and write that the next AC will be set in Japan and post some google images as well.

Helforsite
01-09-2017, 05:20 PM
Guys, the announcement date given on 4chan alone almost proves that the whole leak is fake and not well thought out, becuase according to the official E3 website, the 15th of June is the last day of the conference, which puts the 15th several days after the Ubisoft E3 conference and it makes no sense whatsoever to wait until E3 with the announcement and then have the extra effort and expense of having it outside their official conference and at the end of E3.

Goxxi
01-09-2017, 05:36 PM
Well the Battle of Kosovo occured at 15. June 1389. (on the day of Saint Vitus) , also on 15. June 1914. (28. June by new calender) , Gavrio Princip assassinated the austrohungarian archduke Franz Ferdinand in Sarajevo , so It really makes sense that game will be offically announced at 15. June , although probably we will see some pictures and trailers earlier.

RVSage
01-09-2017, 07:28 PM
Do not think it is true, egypt has been hinted for long. Right after Black Flag, was launched Ashfraf Ismail, did say he would love to do egypt . Guess this one is a rumor mostly. Take it with a bucket of salt

MasterAssasin84
01-10-2017, 07:55 PM
Burji dynasty[edit (https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Egypt_in_the_Middle_Ages&action=edit&section=11)]Main article: Burji dynasty (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burji_dynasty)
The Burji dynasty (1382–1517) proved especially turbulent, with political power-plays designating short-lived sultans. During the Burji dynasty, the Mamluks fought Timur Lenk (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timur_Lenk) and conquered Cyprus (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyprus).

Referring to the above , If I remember quite rightly in the Assassins Creed Revelations novel Ezio encountered the Mamluks during his travels to Masyaf castle.

marvelfannumber
01-10-2017, 08:00 PM
Why would they do a new game, supposedly in a new engine and then choose a setting which is almost identical to Revelations? I mean seriously, you'd be fighting against the Ottoman Empire like 150 years before Ezio. If they were going to set a game during the Balkans wouldn't they atleast turn the clock back to the 1100's or something, during Roman rule? Why would they do the Ottomans twice?

Not to mention that the "leak" (it's not a leak, it's a rumor/speculation) has absolutely no evidence and supplies me with zero reasons for why I should assume it's authentic like the Empire leaks did. It just feels like some troll looking for attention, which is likely is.

MasterAssasin84
01-10-2017, 08:41 PM
Why would they do a new game, supposedly in a new engine and then choose a setting which is almost identical to Revelations? I mean seriously, you'd be fighting against the Ottoman Empire like 150 years before Ezio. If they were going to set a game during the Balkans wouldn't they atleast turn the clock back to the 1100's or something, during Roman rule? Why would they do the Ottomans twice?

Not to mention that the "leak" (it's not a leak, it's a rumor/speculation) has absolutely no evidence and supplies me with zero reasons for why I should assume it's authentic like the Empire leaks did. It just feels like some troll looking for attention, which is likely is.

Actually the Mamluks Ruled Egypt from 1382 right up until 1517

marvelfannumber
01-10-2017, 09:29 PM
Actually the Mamluks Ruled Egypt from 1382 right up until 1517
I am talking about the supposed "leak" which states it would be set in Serbia. This would of course involve the Ottomans which doesn't make any sense as a setting if the new game is a revamp with a new engine. It would be extremely similar to Revelations.

Helforsite
01-11-2017, 11:49 AM
I just think we need to move away from middleage to modern euopean settings for a while, because they would be too similar to the other games, but on the other hand I would love to see my native Germany as the setting for an Assassins Creed game.

Sorrosyss
01-11-2017, 01:45 PM
I would honestly be shocked if there were any truth to this. It just seems really vague, and likely posted by a Serbian who wants a game based in their home country. ;)

When I think back to the surveys of old, when they used to ask what settings we'd like to see, it's funny how many have since come to pass. American Revolution, French Revolution, Victorian London. With the series on its back foot, Ubi seems to be slowly catering to the popular choices. In my mind the two big popular settings left are Egypt and Japan. I really can't see them being anything else. Frankly, I want to get out of Europe, and my personal choice is still a full game in China. But oriental Asia in general has a rich history and quite different architecture. It'd feel vastly different asthetically, if nothing else.

Goxxi
01-11-2017, 04:48 PM
I am talking about the supposed "leak" which states it would be set in Serbia. This would of course involve the Ottomans which doesn't make any sense as a setting if the new game is a revamp with a new engine. It would be extremely similar to Revelations.

Well the game would not be similar to Revelations at all , not atleast , in that time Serbia did not have any so large and developed city like It was Istanbul from 15. century , but the game coud offer one epic large scare battle ,very intresting and autenthic historical figures, a huge and beautiful frontier, monastries , forrests, meadows , hills, mountains, military camps and authentic medieval atmosphere, the game would have more Witcher vibe, also that would be easier for developments, they would have more space and would be easier for them to make frontier then to recreate one entire city , also the period with Gavrilo Princip a, early 20. century could compensate the lack of urban environment and tall buildings from 1389.

Helforsite
01-12-2017, 12:37 PM
Well the game would not be similar to Revelations at all , not atleast , in that time Serbia did not have any so large and developed city like It was Istanbul from 15. century , but the game coud offer one epic large scare battle ,very intresting and autenthic historical figures, a huge and beautiful frontier, monastries , forrests, meadows , hills, mountains, military camps and authentic medieval atmosphere, the game would have more Witcher vibe, also that would be easier for developments, they would have more space and would be easier for them to make frontier then to recreate one entire city , also the period with Gavrilo Princip a, early 20. century could compensate the lack of urban environment and tall buildings from 1389.

What you describe seems to me almost to much like the Witcher 3 and if you go that far away from the previous Assassins Creed games, I would much rather have the game set in Germany, where everything you mentioned plus big cities are in place.

Goxxi
01-12-2017, 05:30 PM
Well they already said that next AC sequel will have a more Witcher 3 vibe, which most probably means , more open world and less parkour , also in Germany was not a large and developed cities in that period too , it were only some small medieval towns like Novigrad from Witcher 3.

But period with Gavrilo Princip in early 20. century could compensate that part of the game with lack of tall buildings and urban environment.

SpiritOfNevaeh
01-12-2017, 07:14 PM
Saw another version of that picture floating around regarding Nintendo Switch, looks like this next AC game mentioned will be on Nintendo

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/266654934173220865/269151589883838474/unknown.png

AND it looks like Ubisoft may have already hinted at this :

Ubisoft Gives Further Hints

On September 22, 2016, Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot praised the NX in an interview with IGN, saying, "It's a machine that will be easy to use for all gamers. They have built in something that will give us a chance to really have a different experience from what exists today. That's what I like - that they come with something new that is adapted to what we actually want now." During that same interview, Guillemot said, "Nintendo has learned from the Wii U." Ubisoft had already confirmed Just Dance 2017 for NX, but he also hinted at additional support through other "surprise" titles.

source: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2017/01/12/nintendo-switch-what-we-know.aspx?utm_content=buffera2009&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

ModernWaffle
01-12-2017, 07:39 PM
On September 22, 2016, Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot praised the NX in an interview with IGN, saying, "It's a machine that will be easy to use for all gamers. They have built in something that will give us a chance to really have a different experience from what exists today. That's what I like - that they come with something new that is adapted to what we actually want now." During that same interview, Guillemot said, "Nintendo has learned from the Wii U." Ubisoft had already confirmed Just Dance 2017 for NX, but he also hinted at additional support through other "surprise" titles.

Remember reading that article, good spot. Given Ubi's track record, I really wouldn't put it past them to have another spin-off AC game and though I generally prefer for them to stick with the main titles only if this is real and not a chronicle game I'm interested to see what it is. Unfortunately at best its probably going to be the latter - if this happens, can't imagine the reaction people will have here if Egypt is debunked as the next setting :eek:

But I just find it hard to believe that the Switch will supposedly have such a strong release line-up, will certainly be quite happy if this is proven true tomorrow however, even as I think the possibility is very low.

ERICATHERINE
01-12-2017, 08:18 PM
Well they already said that next AC sequel will have a more Witcher 3 vibe, which most probably means , more open world and less parkour , also in Germany was not a large and developed cities in that period too , it were only some small medieval towns like Novigrad from Witcher 3.

But period with Gavrilo Princip in early 20. century could compensate that part of the game with lack of tall buildings and urban environment.

Thing is, you're talking about a mix between 2 different rumors. The person who started the rumor of the next ac having a witcher feel, also said the game would be in Egypt. Not in Germany and not in Serbia. ^-^

Goxxi
01-12-2017, 08:23 PM
Well someone from Ubisoft said that next AC game will have more Witcher feel not any unknown rumor , and most like the bext Chronicles game will be set in Egypt.

But like every time , the offical announcment for a 2017 AC sequel should come out in March..

Helforsite
01-12-2017, 09:19 PM
Well someone from Ubisoft said that next AC game will have more Witcher feel not any unknown rumor , and most like the bext Chronicles game will be set in Egypt.

But like every time , the offical announcment for a 2017 AC sequel should come out in March..

Someone who allegedly worked for Ubisoft said there would be no AC in 2016 and the next game would be in Ancient Egypt and have more of an Witcher 3 feel to it.

Goxxi
01-12-2017, 09:30 PM
Did not say clearly that next game will be set in Egypt , but i guess we already have AC game in Egypt and that is a new Chronicles sequel for Nintendo Switch.

ERICATHERINE
01-12-2017, 10:36 PM
Someone who allegedly worked for Ubisoft said there would be no AC in 2016 and the next game would be in Ancient Egypt and have more of an Witcher 3 feel to it.

Totally this.

Did not say clearly that next game will be set in Egypt , but i guess we already have AC game in Egypt and that is a new Chronicles sequel for Nintendo Switch.

Yes, it was said to be in Egypt.

As for the supposed ac Egypt that have supposedly been leaked, we'll all know if it's true tomorrow. So, we just have to wait and see. ^-^