PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk about the Lawbringer

StatuaryRobert
01-07-2017, 08:21 PM
All we know this far is that the Lawbringer is going to be part of the Heavy hitter class, his feats are exactly the same as the Raider class and that his main weapon is a Pole Axe, again... just like the Raider, I find that to be kind of a strange decision since every other caracter has a special and different weapon to accommodate their combat style.
Would it not be better for the Lawbringer to have a different weapon? Like A Two-Hander Mace/Hammer or a medieval Zweihander, i hope this class wont feel too similar to the Raider, since under the bonnet they seem to be the same caracter but with different armor.

What do you guys think? Am i just over-analyzing this?
In any case, i hope im wrong.

AlmightyWarlock
01-07-2017, 08:57 PM
I can't really say anything specific, but you should wait for the upcoming Beta if given a chance to participate- try out the class. I think you'll find that there are very few similarities between the two in regards to their actual combat.

StatuaryRobert
01-07-2017, 08:59 PM
Looking forward to trying him, hope you are right!

Reaper_Sykko
01-07-2017, 09:32 PM
hes Nothing like the raider , ive seen him in the last alpha test , its not a pole axe its a halberd and his fighting style is closer to what a Spearman would be, for example he can charge and empale his openent with his spear while running and pushing him, so yeah Nothing like raider. yes he has some swing attacks but he also has pokes like a spear would, he has a big unblockable but hes not the only one to have that.

Sildrog
01-07-2017, 10:15 PM
Would love to talk about the Lawbringer, but NDA and all.

Disemboweler27
01-07-2017, 10:59 PM
OMG

I havent seen soo many obvious mistakes in a while ...

Lawbringer is NOTHING like Raider.

1st
His weapon is a Halberd - not a 2 handed axe ! It is a rather short Halberd - still it is used compleatly difrently than an axe !!

2nd
You almost never chop or hack with a Halberd axe side - most of the time the blade of Halberd is actualy concave and not convex like on an axe. Thats becouse it is for hooking and grapling the enemy and hitting him as you withdraw your weapon.

3rd
Aside from that Halberd is PRIMARLY a thrusting weapon - like a spear. The blade is usefull once you made your thrust and it missed the mark. Then you pull the blade towards you, atacking enemy when he thought he allready dodged.

4th
Lawbringer is a Knight as oposed to Viking - so he has some armour on him if you havent noticed. His more disciplined fighting style is also a vast diffrence to Vikings savage-like onslaught.

5th
And most of all you even mistaken about the classes. He is not a Knight heavy class. Conqueror is heavy class.
Lawbringer is Hybrid - in the same class as Valkyrie and Nobushi - 3 polearm class warriors.

All in all he is diffrent from Raider in every way.
Role
Weapon
Playstyle
Estetics

Eighter way I am looking forward to see more gameplay of him.
Halbard trust-graple-slash combat will be something totaly unique - hopefully.

StatuaryRobert
01-07-2017, 11:39 PM
Well I didn't know he had a Halberd, all I know about him is what I read on the wiki http://forhonor.wikia.com/wiki/Lawbringer
Anyway, I really hope you guys are right!
And what I meant is that he is the Hard Hitter, category like the Shugoki and the Raider , because I didn't know he is a hybrid :p, being in full plate armor and having a huge f off polearm kind of throwed my guess out the window :D

Disemboweler27
01-08-2017, 12:03 AM
Dont think he will hit as hard as thouse 2.

You can tell Halberd from pole-axe by the spike at the top.

To be fully honest his Halberd is more "Axy" than most Halberds. They are usualy less blade heavy like here http://www.medievalcollectibles.com/images/Product/large/ME-0114.png

In all weapons the nomenclature can get blurry when it comes to naming specific model of weapon as they all very ever so slightly.

Generaly if the spike at the end of the pole is longer than 4 inches it is a halbard - weapon for trusting and slashing, while if it is shorter than that it can be called pole-axe with an extra spike on top - weapon primarly for hacking.
Check the Factions trailer - you will see clearly how his halberd has some 10 inches spike on top of it.

Mostly it depends how Lawbringer will be actualy using it.
We will see how much historicly acurate his fighting style will be in beta. I am affraid it will be a bit more videogamey from classical Halberd fighting.

waraidako
01-09-2017, 07:45 PM
Nope. Lawbringer has a pollaxe. Halberds don't have hammers, they have flukes.

Eirmund
01-10-2017, 07:12 AM
Going off of the image on the website, i'd saw Lawbringer's wield a Crow's Beak.

Disemboweler27
01-10-2017, 07:55 PM
Nope. Lawbringer has a pollaxe. Halberds don't have hammers, they have flukes.

After reading a bit more on Pole-axes I am willing to agree to your judgement in that regard.

I never looked to much for details of Lawbringers weapon - it just saw it is a polearm with and axe-head and a bit spike on top - therefor I called it a Halberd.

Looking closely at the detail however it is missing one quite important feature of the Halberd - it has no backwards facing hooks. And indeed it has a Hammer head on the back side, I didnt pay attencion to before.

Also Pole-axe is more fitting as a Knghts weapon that a Halberd, which is a weapon of Lancknehts and profesional soldiers rather than of nobility.

Therefor - I defer to your judgement - it is indeed a Pole-axe.
One stange thing abut it is the spike - that is realy long for a Pole-axe - but I guess it is just a trait of this particular model.

It doesnt change too much of my previous statements however, as pole-axe is more similar to halberd in how it is used, than it is to Dane axe of Raider.
It can be used in the same way as Halbard would be used.
But ofc it can be used in diffrent ways also,