PDA

View Full Version : Lucy Stillman - Triple Agent? [Wild Theory] (SPOILERS)

Sorrosyss
01-07-2017, 03:21 PM
(Some spoilers from various games follows. Look away if you so desire.)

http://i.imgur.com/8xlp3g8.png

Oh look, another over thought thread. Its what I do, sorry. :p

Having replayed the Ezio Collection recently, I spotted something on the e-mails sent to Desmond in Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. Namely, that Lucy's e-mail password is Juno57. Isn't that interesting? I mean, at this point in the storyline the team had no contact with Juno, save for a name drop by Minerva at the end of AC2. Perhaps its just a massive coincidence.

Mmm. Or is it?

Officially, after a life spent dedicated to the Assassins, she mysteriously heel turned and assisted the Templars by becoming complicit in Project Siren. This essentially meant that she would continue to gain information from Desmond, whilst surrounded by the Assassins - this was ultimately why she sprung him out of Abstergo in the events of AC2. Essentially she was a double agent for the Templars, and this was ultimately why Juno wanted her death at the end of the game to prevent disrupting Desmond's path to the Grand Temple.

Could she perhaps have been influenced by Juno? She joined the Animus program prior to 2011, so one could imagine that she had been exposed to the Animus, and potentially any Pieces of Eden that may have gone past Vidic in this timeframe. We saw that Juno could display herself to others even before the Grand Temple was opened, such as how she appeared to Connor, or even where she manipulated Clay Kaczmarek to assisting Desmond. Is it so far fetched that Juno may have actually influenced both Vidic and Lucy to spring Desmond from Abstergo?

We see throughout Desmond's journey that the Isu were placing their hopes upon him. Juno, like Minerva, would have known what his ultimate destiny was, and in my mind stepped in where necessary to assist him. Another instance where I feel she did this was when Desmond was cornered by Daniel Cross at the Abstergo facility in AC3. With Daniel about to shoot Desmond, you can even see the yellow glow upon his face as something attacks his mind preventing his actions by triggering the Bleeding Effect. Was that Juno triggering from the Apple?

We have seen Juno dispose of what she has manipulated a few times, most notably with Clay whose mind was quite shattered by the end. She needed Desmond to reach the Apple, and arguably through Lucy's actions above all others, he reached it - granting him the access needed to the Grand Temple. By that point her usefulness ended, and her Templar ties then became a threat - thus Lucy was ended.

Its a harsh theory, but there is perhaps one piece of evidence from the Lost Archive DLC of ACR. Within the sixth level (The Truth), you can find this wall with a ciphered message:

http://i.imgur.com/QjPypYV.jpg

With an alphabetical shift of three, it reads;

Lucy, she is always behind you.

Fascinating right? Consider this as well. Shortly after this, after you have witnessed the reveal of Project Siren and Lucy's ties to the Templars, you walk through a doorway behind the screen which has the 3 Juno asteroid symbol upon it.

http://i.imgur.com/pg6KC25.jpg

This symbol would later be identified as that of the Instruments of the First Will, a faction dedicated to Juno. I'd argue the symbolism here speaks for itself.

Spooky.

Helforsite
01-08-2017, 08:11 PM
Very interesting, but I have a few questions:
Have you found the hidden sentence in the Ezio Collection version of Lost Archive and if so, have you checked the normal version if it has the same sentence there?
Do you have a video showing Daniel Cross and the yellow glow?
What is the significance of 57, because if we believe that her password is relevant, not only a part of it has meaning, but all of it.

ERICATHERINE
01-08-2017, 11:04 PM

Wait. You never played ac 3? :confused:

Well... Watch that scene from 7:26 to 8:16.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScMpPAyAKvI

Look the right side of his head just after he said the first "not now". Look closely. The glowing his on Daniel's head only for a part of the video and after it appear it get hidden by his gun for a moment. If you pause the video at 8:04, it will be totally visible. You'll also hear a sound just like the one made by piece of eden. ^-^

Helforsite
01-09-2017, 12:34 PM
Wait. You never played ac 3? :confused:

Well... Watch that scene from 7:26 to 8:16.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScMpPAyAKvI

Look the right side of his head just after he said the first "not now". Look closely. The glowing his on Daniel's head only for a part of the video and after it appear it get hidden by his gun for a moment. If you pause the video at 8:04, it will be totally visible. You'll also hear a sound just like the one made by piece of eden. ^-^

Thank you for the video^^ While Assassins Creed 3 is one of my contenders for best of the series, I somehow have not replayed it in the last year and a half, which is why I did not have that scene in my mind clearly anymore. The glow seems to be some kind of symbol, but I can only make out some kind of Eye symbol like the Egyptians some times used and not more, could there be another hint here?

Sorrosyss
01-11-2017, 01:50 PM
Very interesting, but I have a few questions:
Have you found the hidden sentence in the Ezio Collection version of Lost Archive and if so, have you checked the normal version if it has the same sentence there?
What is the significance of 57, because if we believe that her password is relevant, not only a part of it has meaning, but all of it.

It's in both versions.

(Thanks to Erica for the vid) As for the glows, they were very similar to what Desmond was able to see in Juno's temple. Hence the connection.

As for 57, I think that's just a random number as all the other team members have two at the end as well. Least the Brotherhood are practicing some semblance of password strength.

jdowny
01-11-2017, 02:09 PM
Also, with the alphabet shift code, the capital letters when decoded spell out LILY. My AC knowledge is pretty rusty but is there a Lily in the AC universe?

ERICATHERINE
01-11-2017, 02:19 PM
(Thanks to Erica for the vid)

You're welcome.^-^

MrHandsss
01-23-2017, 02:40 AM
the whole lucy thing bothers me to know end.

they spend so much time showing lucy helping us and worrying about other assassins in the first 3 assassins creed games. it really does feel like they only killed her off just because they couldn't or didn't want to pay for the VA anymore which is why they sloppily explained it in Revelations DLC and then III. Hell, most of us called Juno being a villain right after she did that and we are right, but I guess Lucy was NOT daniel cross brainwashed, but truly did care for desmond but still with all her knowledge, thought launching an apple into space and ignoring the sun issue was a good idea? i don't think so.

cawatrooper9
01-23-2017, 06:41 PM
You know, it's weird, but if Lucy was an IotFW, I'd actually prefer that to what we think of as current canon, even though it's even more convoluted than our current mess.

It never really sat right with me that Lucy was actually a Templar the whole time- partly because her betrayal was basically revealed offscreen for non-Lost Archive players, but also because her betrayal didn't really do much to advance the story. She just kind of secretely was going to betray them, died, then not much really came of it. Horrible way to squander such an important character.

But with this theory, we have some more context. First of all, we can get a better picture of the web she was trying to weave. Also, it could allow for a more in-game explanation, as the next game (or one after it at some point) could spell this theory out a little more, giving us a better picture of why Lucy did what she did. Plus, Juno is still a very important figure in the series (or so they tell me...) and she'd be a good connection.

Nice theory Sorr.