PDA

View Full Version : NDA lifted for the beta?

whovie
01-06-2017, 12:15 AM
Will the NDA from the tech test be lifted before the beta? I'd kind of like to hear their thoughts and feedback before the beta to get an idea of what to look for going into it.

mrmojorisin316
01-06-2017, 01:31 AM
Will the NDA from the tech test be lifted before the beta? I'd kind of like to hear their thoughts and feedback before the beta to get an idea of what to look for going into it.

I doubt there was any NDA in the last few tests. There are Youtube videos all over the place, so I doubt the beta will have one either.

iHunny
01-06-2017, 01:43 AM
I doubt there was any NDA in the last few tests. There are Youtube videos all over the place, so I doubt the beta will have one either.

Only one alpha so far we been allowed to stream, record or take screenshoots in.

Dead1y-Derri
01-06-2017, 03:52 AM
Hi,

Details about the upcoming beta haven't been announced or confirmed yet. Information will be provided on this when specific details of when the beta are released.

whovie
01-06-2017, 07:51 AM
Hi,

Details about the upcoming beta haven't been announced or confirmed yet. Information will be provided on this when specific details of when the beta are released.

Was the December tech test the same build as the beta? Because i was just wondering if we would have access to those forums before the beta to see their concerns and feedback to give people who get beta access a chance to see and build off their feedback.

iHunny
01-06-2017, 10:59 AM
Was the December tech test the same build as the beta? Because i was just wondering if we would have access to those forums before the beta to see their concerns and feedback to give people who get beta access a chance to see and build off their feedback.

If it was under NDA we can not discuss it.

whovie
01-07-2017, 12:31 AM
If it was under NDA we can not discuss it.

I'm aware, that is why the title of the thread is asking if the NDA will be lifted. All I was really looking for was a yes or no from a mod. Since that question hasn't been answered I'm assuming its a no.

PAN_1972
01-08-2017, 04:01 PM
Except one Alpha everything till date was under NDA! Meaning 1 Alpha + 2 TechTests NDA
I guess ( I am not sure) for the Beta there will be no NDA. (Just guessing).

FredEx919
01-09-2017, 06:58 PM
The NDA should be around for up to 5 years after the actual event so I wouldn't expect it to be lifted, but you can look forward to some cool stuff leading into the beta. I don't have full details yet, but just be on the look out for more.

whovie
01-09-2017, 09:38 PM
Thanks for the answer. I have to say 5 years seems a bit excessive lol.

PAN_1972
01-12-2017, 11:46 AM
NDA durations are commonly 2,3,5 Years. This is absolutely normal ;) You must also see that there are two types of NDA's the terminating and non-terminating ones.
There is a lot to say about NDA's but this is clearly the wrong place :D

mrmojorisin316
01-12-2017, 08:07 PM
The NDA should be around for up to 5 years after the actual event so I wouldn't expect it to be lifted, but you can look forward to some cool stuff leading into the beta. I don't have full details yet, but just be on the look out for more.

So people won't be able to stream/Youtube any of the beta? Or am I misunderstanding you?

iHunny
01-12-2017, 08:35 PM
So people won't be able to stream/Youtube any of the beta? Or am I misunderstanding you?

This beta in january will have no NDA.

GewaltSam
01-12-2017, 10:09 PM

I'm pretty sure that this has some strange formal legal reasons, and that this is a simple standard procedure for every NDA.

waraidako
01-12-2017, 11:22 PM
5 years of NDA is basically just them saying "Hey, just don't talk about it. That is not how we want our game represented." and 5 years after the NDA the game will almost assuredly be complete already, and there will be no point in talking about the alpha, because you can play and talk about the finished product, which is the version of the game they want people to see.

Makes perfect sense to me.

FredEx919
01-12-2017, 11:58 PM

That was in regards to previous test. The Closed Beta coming this month will not have an NDA, so you are welcome to stream, record, and share with the world :cool:

LayNRot
01-14-2017, 07:57 AM
i am so excited to potentially get the beta. I would literally sacrifice the pinky toe on my left foot for it. I dont need it, it doesnt need me, no harm.

mrmojorisin316
01-14-2017, 02:31 PM
i am so excited to potentially get the beta. I would literally sacrifice the pinky toe on my left foot for it. I dont need it, it doesnt need me, no harm.

Not sure what Ubisoft would do with a left pinky toe, though.