PDA

View Full Version : Do you want more time rifts?

Sigma 1313
01-05-2017, 10:13 PM
Unity opened up an interesting idea of time rifts. It allowed us to see a small section of Paris through various eras (100 Years War (Which I think shows that a game set then may work well), the belle epoque, and WW2) and syndicate expanded on it by giving us an entire open world, but with only 1 era (WW1). Would you like to see this feature return in future games?

ERICATHERINE
01-05-2017, 10:31 PM
Yes.

I don't want multiple big ones like in syndicate. I feel like it would too much. I feel like it would make us go in too many directions that wouldn't make us finnish the main story.

As for the unity ones I felt like the main missions ones were well made, but the rest of the time rifts missions were just boring from my point of view. I felt like those side missions were just shoehorned in the game to try to please those who like md, with the database entries each can give. As for the 3 main rift missions, I felt like this just wasn't enough.

So from my point of view 1 big rift like the syndicate one is the best choice in the poll. ^-^

SixKeys
01-06-2017, 12:17 AM
The option I want isn't on the poll: give us multiple rifts but in different locations. Unity's were pretty good because the eras they chose were all so different from each other. But I'm still really attached to the Red Violin idea - following not one but several assassins through history, all searching for or protecting the same object. People from all kinds of different eras and locations. It would probably mean not having one bigger, constant location like Paris in Unity or London in Syndicate, but I honestly wouldn't mind if we got a handful of smaller locations as long as they were interesting and unique. To illustrate my point, imagine taking for example Syndicate's WW1-sized area of London, the Homestead from AC3 (but filled with more stuff), Masyaf from AC1 and Tuscany from AC2. Fill them with stuff to do, allow players to freely hop between timelines (in freeroam) and I doubt anybody would miss being confined to one huge location.

Sigma 1313
01-06-2017, 02:14 AM
I'm personally not a fan of the Red Violin idea. I might have changed my mind if Syndicate was better though. In the end, Ubi hasn't shown that they can consistently create a great AC game with a single protagonist, a good arc, and a single setting. When they tried with 2 characters in one setting, both came off as flat and had a completely contrived conflict.

cawatrooper9
01-06-2017, 11:43 PM
I honestly wouldn't mind an entire game of rifts.