PDA

View Full Version : FBOW Beta Testers on Red Side Wanted !

KWEA-FBOW
01-30-2004, 11:55 PM
Gentlemen!

We Invite you too our Beta Test Phase 3.
Send Your Request too:
KWEA@FBOW.de

If you will be choosen, you get an E-Mail with the Server IP and Password!

Hardware:
Minimal hardware requirements /
Athlon XP1700 / Athlon C 1333 TB / Pentium4 1300
768 MB DDR RAM PC266 (2100)
GF 3 Ti 500 mit 64 MB
1 GB Windows Swapfile /

Set the following options to their lowest value or one setting higher at most /
Sound = Low /
Grounddetails / Low /
Landscapelightning / off /

Connection: 56k or Better!

Server: 100Mbit/2,6GHz/1.5 GB DDR/400 RAM

THIS IS NOT DOGFIGHT! IT IS AIR WAR AS REAL AS POSSIBLE WITH FORGOTTEN-BATTLES ENGINE!

COmmanders of Virtual Sqadrons pls send Pilot List with corrcet Callsigns!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Only 3 Rules!

FBOW Rules:

โท Axis units only fly for BLUE

โท Allied units only fly for RED

โท Any player who is not in his cockpit has to leave the server. You are not allowed to be "idle". You are only allowed to remain outside of your cockpit for 10 minutes. Any player who "idles" on a regular basis will be banned.

Freelancers please choose Allied side

FBOW FAQ

Full Real War Server FAQ

โท What's the Full Real War Server?
Full Real War Server understands itself as the first "real" Online War experience for IL2 "Forgotten Battles", since both sides of the event have to act as in reality in every respect! There are mission briefings and target instructions for each side. Those include possible attack and defense objectives. The rest depends on the players! Players have to organize themselves, assign their forces and arrange who can be online at which time since the game continues even if no enemy is online! Every weakness of the enemy may be relentlessly exploited! This includes his absence! If a player gets killed the server will remove him from the game for 30 minutes for planes and pilots are limited! The main front is dangerous as well! Tanks, flak etc. are actively present!

โท What's Deathkick?
Deathkick is a ban. Every player who gets killed will be banned from the server for 30 minutes. This is because there only is a limited number of planes and pilots. So everyone has to pay attention not to carelessly loose one's life!

โท How do I achieve an objective?
Read the briefing for your side! Several objectives are mentioned there. Basically, it is your objective to eliminate as many enemy pilots and to decimate as much enemy material as you can! The planes/pilots ratio usually is at about 80/60, so 80 planes and 60 pilots per side. If one side looses 60 lifes this side lost the battle. If one side losses 80 planes this side lost as well. The mission briefing contains objectives allowing you to destroy an enemy aircraft factory for example. Very likely up to 40 and more planes are located inside such a factory. Or your targets are some tanks, for instance. Then you have to head for a certain sector and take out a certain amount of enemy tanks. Sounds easy? Well, if not the evil enemy was there.... You should always try to achieve your objectives first because the rewarding means an advantage for the next map!

โท What happens if one side achieves its objective?
If you and your comrades are able to achieve one or two of the predefined mission objectives a new map will be loaded. This map will contain up to 4 new types of aircraft, more pilots and more planes! The enemy will only get one improvement as well as less pilots and planes! So you have a slight advantage during the next battle! But do not get careless! The enemy will never be disadvantaged enough that it is impossible for him to win!

โท Why have I been "kicked" from the server after destroying a friendly aircraft or ground object?
This is a security measure. There are a few people who deliberately or negligently kill friendly targets. Pilots doing this would have been punished in a war. So they are punished here as well! The server allows you to collect -400 points. As soon as a player reaches this limit he will be kicked.

โท The sun sets on the virtual war map. What now?
Well, just like at the real front there are day and night here as well. Either you "quit" playing for today or you engage in night combat! The frontline and enemy positions can be easily recognized since ground forces tend to light campfires in the night! If night fighting seems to be too risky to you, you head back the next morning!

โท The evil enemy always attacks my airfield and shoots me while I am still on the ground. Is he allowed to do so?
You are at war! In a war every kind of warfare is allowed. If your airfield is under attack you have to expect getting shot down during take-off or landing! If there is no fighter cover at your airfield it is a big risk to go in for landing, just like in a real war! You can either bail out or look for a different landing site! If you are killed on your parachute complaining will not help you much. As said above: It is up to you to cover each other and to try to bail out safely. Only you and your comrades are in charge!

โท After loosing a map my side has a disadvantage. I consider this highly unfair. What can I do about it?
Yes, there is something you can do! Win the map! Only by winning the map can you hope to reach a turning point! Nobody will listen or respond to your complaining! You are at the front now! So behave like that! You are a soldier at the forefront. Do not lament, but fight!

โท I do not like my current planeset. What can I do?
Win! Only then you will get better material! Only by winning you will get more resupply and equipment!

โท When does the game end after all?
That will depend on how much is played. If a map is severely disputed it may be that the entire battle takess several days! It is just like in huge battles! The entire Full Real War may last fur up to half a year. And after that we will re-start it again!

KWEA-FBOW
01-30-2004, 11:55 PM
Gentlemen!

We Invite you too our Beta Test Phase 3.
Send Your Request too:
KWEA@FBOW.de

If you will be choosen, you get an E-Mail with the Server IP and Password!

Hardware:
Minimal hardware requirements /
Athlon XP1700 / Athlon C 1333 TB / Pentium4 1300
768 MB DDR RAM PC266 (2100)
GF 3 Ti 500 mit 64 MB
1 GB Windows Swapfile /

Set the following options to their lowest value or one setting higher at most /
Sound = Low /
Grounddetails / Low /
Landscapelightning / off /

Connection: 56k or Better!

Server: 100Mbit/2,6GHz/1.5 GB DDR/400 RAM

THIS IS NOT DOGFIGHT! IT IS AIR WAR AS REAL AS POSSIBLE WITH FORGOTTEN-BATTLES ENGINE!

COmmanders of Virtual Sqadrons pls send Pilot List with corrcet Callsigns!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Only 3 Rules!

FBOW Rules:

โท Axis units only fly for BLUE

โท Allied units only fly for RED

โท Any player who is not in his cockpit has to leave the server. You are not allowed to be "idle". You are only allowed to remain outside of your cockpit for 10 minutes. Any player who "idles" on a regular basis will be banned.

Freelancers please choose Allied side

FBOW FAQ

Full Real War Server FAQ

โท What's the Full Real War Server?
Full Real War Server understands itself as the first "real" Online War experience for IL2 "Forgotten Battles", since both sides of the event have to act as in reality in every respect! There are mission briefings and target instructions for each side. Those include possible attack and defense objectives. The rest depends on the players! Players have to organize themselves, assign their forces and arrange who can be online at which time since the game continues even if no enemy is online! Every weakness of the enemy may be relentlessly exploited! This includes his absence! If a player gets killed the server will remove him from the game for 30 minutes for planes and pilots are limited! The main front is dangerous as well! Tanks, flak etc. are actively present!

โท What's Deathkick?
Deathkick is a ban. Every player who gets killed will be banned from the server for 30 minutes. This is because there only is a limited number of planes and pilots. So everyone has to pay attention not to carelessly loose one's life!

โท How do I achieve an objective?
Read the briefing for your side! Several objectives are mentioned there. Basically, it is your objective to eliminate as many enemy pilots and to decimate as much enemy material as you can! The planes/pilots ratio usually is at about 80/60, so 80 planes and 60 pilots per side. If one side looses 60 lifes this side lost the battle. If one side losses 80 planes this side lost as well. The mission briefing contains objectives allowing you to destroy an enemy aircraft factory for example. Very likely up to 40 and more planes are located inside such a factory. Or your targets are some tanks, for instance. Then you have to head for a certain sector and take out a certain amount of enemy tanks. Sounds easy? Well, if not the evil enemy was there.... You should always try to achieve your objectives first because the rewarding means an advantage for the next map!

โท What happens if one side achieves its objective?
If you and your comrades are able to achieve one or two of the predefined mission objectives a new map will be loaded. This map will contain up to 4 new types of aircraft, more pilots and more planes! The enemy will only get one improvement as well as less pilots and planes! So you have a slight advantage during the next battle! But do not get careless! The enemy will never be disadvantaged enough that it is impossible for him to win!

โท Why have I been "kicked" from the server after destroying a friendly aircraft or ground object?
This is a security measure. There are a few people who deliberately or negligently kill friendly targets. Pilots doing this would have been punished in a war. So they are punished here as well! The server allows you to collect -400 points. As soon as a player reaches this limit he will be kicked.

โท The sun sets on the virtual war map. What now?
Well, just like at the real front there are day and night here as well. Either you "quit" playing for today or you engage in night combat! The frontline and enemy positions can be easily recognized since ground forces tend to light campfires in the night! If night fighting seems to be too risky to you, you head back the next morning!

โท The evil enemy always attacks my airfield and shoots me while I am still on the ground. Is he allowed to do so?
You are at war! In a war every kind of warfare is allowed. If your airfield is under attack you have to expect getting shot down during take-off or landing! If there is no fighter cover at your airfield it is a big risk to go in for landing, just like in a real war! You can either bail out or look for a different landing site! If you are killed on your parachute complaining will not help you much. As said above: It is up to you to cover each other and to try to bail out safely. Only you and your comrades are in charge!

โท After loosing a map my side has a disadvantage. I consider this highly unfair. What can I do about it?
Yes, there is something you can do! Win the map! Only by winning the map can you hope to reach a turning point! Nobody will listen or respond to your complaining! You are at the front now! So behave like that! You are a soldier at the forefront. Do not lament, but fight!

โท I do not like my current planeset. What can I do?
Win! Only then you will get better material! Only by winning you will get more resupply and equipment!

โท When does the game end after all?
That will depend on how much is played. If a map is severely disputed it may be that the entire battle takess several days! It is just like in huge battles! The entire Full Real War may last fur up to half a year. And after that we will re-start it again!