PDA

View Full Version : Valkyrie needs a buff

Razor__Fox
01-05-2017, 12:24 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k556fbMmDZ0

Taken from a press event not from the tech test.

Kristian818
01-05-2017, 12:51 PM
I played valkyrie in the alpha test 2 and my first impression was NOT that she needed a buff. Maybe a few polishments but she seemed like having good options when used correctly. Note the characters abilities. You need to learn to play the characters potentials. I would say the oppenent's character is easier to master and therefore it might have been the case which meant such a onesided battle. I never 1v1 dueled with valkyrie but I have been 2v2 and 4v4 with valkyrie.

Update: Deleted the facts that might be under NDA

Razor__Fox
01-05-2017, 02:03 PM
EVERYONE looks lame in the press footage. Just thought it was amusing since from what little I DO know about the valkyrie she is the devil.

Kristian818
01-05-2017, 02:33 PM
Well it's always easy to judge if you have the insider info. You can hope to get into the beta and get a chance to try it yourself. Just be aware that it took a lot of practice to play good as a character (at least for me). Especially if you have the bad luck of meeting an alpha tester as they know the game before you.

Dez_troi_aR
01-05-2017, 02:39 PM
:,D

This is gold.

ShuyinVardiz
01-05-2017, 03:01 PM
Let me be honest.

I participated in the last NDA-related closed Tech Test and the Valkyrie does NOT need a buff of any kind.
I got a chance to play the last .... three (?) closed alpha events and believe I am quite good with my mainclass which is the Raider and judging by the ... impression I got, they are not too weak to say short.
Every public video on youtube I found so far only displays horrible player, or those who just got a chance to play for this one time. They dont have experience, dont know their or their opponents moveset, dont know whats technically possible and legit, the pro and cons of different classes....they are just horrible player since they never got a chance to get into the game. Some I know from the closed tests and some I even fought, so believe me, there are many that simply just play horribly bad even after experiencing the game in solid time.

!! Dont !!
!! Ever !!
!! Judge !!
!! Balancing !!
!! On !!
!! These !!
!! Hell-Forsaken !!
!!YouTube-Videos !!

PS:
And the videos of them playing the campaign? Hell...they dont even know the basic ATTACK COMBO of the raider which is the most simple and basic one. Who is Ubisoft choosing for these videos? Damn it hurts watching them...

Kristian818
01-05-2017, 03:15 PM
The ones you see playing probably only are allowed to play tutorial and then dual against each other. There is a lot of mechanics in this game. You need time to practice them. Most aren't showed in the videos that exist and sadly I can't tell about them until Ubisoft decides to tell themselves or opens the game for everyone. Even then some things from the alpha might still be under NDA. Enjoy thinking about all of these vague descriptions as I can't tell more than this.

Dez_troi_aR
01-05-2017, 03:15 PM
Let me be honest.

I participated in the last NDA-related closed Tech Test and the Valkyrie does NOT need a buff of any kind.
I got a chance to play the last .... three (?) closed alpha events and believe I am quite good with my mainclass which is the Raider and judging by the ... impression I got, they are not too weak to say short.
Every public video on youtube I found so far only displays horrible player, or those who just got a chance to play for this one time. They dont have experience, dont know their or their opponents moveset, dont know whats technically possible and legit, the pro and cons of different classes....they are just horrible player since they never got a chance to get into the game. Some I know from the closed tests and some I even fought, so believe me, there are many that simply just play horribly bad even after experiencing the game in solid time.

!! Dont !!
!! Ever !!
!! Judge !!
!! Balancing !!
!! On !!
!! These !!
!! Hell-Forsaken !!
!!YouTube-Videos !!

PS:
And the videos of them playing the campaign? Hell...they dont even know the basic ATTACK COMBO of the raider which is the most simple and basic one. Who is Ubisoft choosing for these videos? Damn it hurts watching them...

The whole thread is satire to mock those who do exactly that. Seeing the first shard of (obviously extremly noobish) valkyrie gameplay and immediately call for a buff is an overexaggeration.

But you are totally right: The majority of alpha gameplay available is painful to watch :D

Razor__Fox
01-05-2017, 03:19 PM
The whole thread is satire to mock those who do exactly that. Seeing the first shard of (obviously extremly noobish) valkyrie gameplay and immediately call for a buff is an overexaggeration.

But you are totally right: The majority of alpha gameplay available is painful to watch :D

I'm glad someone got it.

Razor__Fox
01-06-2017, 01:09 PM
All i heard from Tech test 2 was.... NERF Warlord / Valkyrie and the bleed should not be able to kill and orochi is not longer God Mode.

Video OP posted is no longer available.

Not sure if they took it down at Ubisofts request or because a woman kept following them around ringing a bell and shouting "shame"

I.S.T.A.
01-06-2017, 03:48 PM
All i heard from Tech test 2 was.... NERF Warlord / Valkyrie and the bleed should not be able to kill and orochi is not longer God Mode.

Video OP posted is no longer available.

LOL hadn't heard that one, bleed shouldn't kill huh.. yea makes sense, no one's ever died from blood loss for sure.