PDA

View Full Version : Purpose of the Season Pass?

sensAzn
01-05-2017, 04:42 AM
I heard that all the content is going to be available for everyone so there isn't any divide in player pool. So what is the season pass for?

SyntheticDuckie
01-05-2017, 05:52 AM
It's a mystery. No one knows. Hopefully Shag and Scoobie can figure it out.

Joe_Corleone
01-05-2017, 07:32 AM
I'm assuming and I can't stress that word enough "assuming", that it may work like the Rainbow Six Siege season pass did. When new characters and maps, armors and weapons, and whatever else might be in it come out. You can grind the in game currency to unlock the DLC or have the season pass and it will unlock automatically a week or two early.

Rolingachu
01-05-2017, 01:40 PM
I'm assuming and I can't stress that word enough "assuming", that it may work like the Rainbow Six Siege season pass did. When new characters and maps, armors and weapons, and whatever else might be in it come out. You can grind the in game currency to unlock the DLC or have the season pass and it will unlock automatically a week or two early.

This, i believe it will work exactly as R6S. New Characters will be buyable with the in-game coin, but if you have the SP you won't need to buy them and you will have them a week earlier. That and some other perks will be the SP benefits.

Razor__Fox
01-05-2017, 03:45 PM
Hopefully that's how it works. Also I believe rainbow 6 has the option to purchase individual operators as well?

DrHazyUK
01-05-2017, 04:54 PM
early access to mp stuff makes sense as a form of bonus, but couldn't they bias season pass extras to single player campaign expansions? i'm thinking similar to the approach taken by Witcher 3, or say the upcoming extra for Uncharted4.

Salimarzuotod
01-05-2017, 07:58 PM
People love how rainbow six's dlc works, I hate it. Never should you give an advantage to someone else in a competitive game based on how much money they spend even if its temporary. Some MOBAs and overwatch seem to be the only ones getting how to do fair dlc for a competitive game. I believe for honor will shoot itself in the foot with this dlc type. The game is already killing itself from being an esport this would just add to it.

Joe_Corleone
01-05-2017, 10:14 PM
People love how rainbow six's dlc works, I hate it. Never should you give an advantage to someone else in a competitive game based on how much money they spend even if its temporary. Some MOBAs and overwatch seem to be the only ones getting how to do fair dlc for a competitive game. I believe for honor will shoot itself in the foot with this dlc type. The game is already killing itself from being an esport this would just add to it.

How does that give an unfair advantage? The new operators in R6S were different but that didn't make them better. Just because I was able to play as new character a week early didn't make the existing characters worse. I think this is a great way to do DLC. It cost a ton to buy the new operators in Siege but people would play the game a ton to grind out the new operators without paying for a season pass.