PDA

View Full Version : Bought several AC games as part of Humble Bundle; crashes at launch

el2mador
01-05-2017, 02:16 AM
First one I installed was AC 1.

Crashed to desktop immediately. No error messages, no crash report.

My rig is above the recommended specifications can play a ton of newer games.

- Windows 10
- i5 6500
- GTX 960
- 8 GB Ram

Please note this was from Humble Bundle and the keys were activated only via Uplay, the games weren't in my Steam library.

Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks.

red8088
01-05-2017, 04:41 AM
Got the same problem here. Haven't had any issues with the AC games 3 and above.

Wondered if it was a hardware issue at first, so I lowered the graphics settings and retried. Same problem, game works fine then crashes in the loading screens. Tried the dx10 solution (recommended by the steam community) with still no luck.

Might try compatibility settings to Windows XP (Service Pack 3) as recommended by other forums, but I'm unsure if this will help and it's currently not far off 4am (Yay insomnia).

Windows 10
i5 3300s
8gb DDR3 (1600mhz)
Radeon HD Series 6770 (Sapphire model)
PCI-E 2.0 mobo

Hope to hear back soon!

xooloo33
01-05-2017, 11:22 AM
I was having this same problem. Bought the Assassin's Creed Bundle a few days ago, installed AC1, and it hangs in the middle of the opening animation. Here's what I found.

Running in compatibility mode for various systems had no effect. However, one guy over on the Steam forums suggested it might be a problem with the game trying to dial home for a DRM check. So he blocked all game files (like AssassinsCreed_Game.exe, AssassinsCreed_Dx10.exe, and AssassinsCreed_Dx9.exe) in Windows Firewall, and that took care of it.

I didn't try this method, but when I disconnected my laptop from the wifi and ran AssasinsCreed_Game.exe while offline, it started up with no problem.

I also went into the Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Assassin's Creed 1\Videos folder and renamed all the video files (just by adding .bak to the filename). This forces the game to jump right over the initial animations and cutscenes and go straight to the menu.

So, to recap: try taking your computer offline to play, or blocking AC1 game files in the firewall. Then, for faster startup, try renaming the vid files for the cutscenes.

el2mador
01-05-2017, 04:32 PM
I was having this same problem. Bought the Assassin's Creed Bundle a few days ago, installed AC1, and it hangs in the middle of the opening animation. Here's what I found.

Running in compatibility mode for various systems had no effect. However, one guy over on the Steam forums suggested it might be a problem with the game trying to dial home for a DRM check. So he blocked all game files (like AssassinsCreed_Game.exe, AssassinsCreed_Dx10.exe, and AssassinsCreed_Dx9.exe) in Windows Firewall, and that took care of it.

I didn't try this method, but when I disconnected my laptop from the wifi and ran AssasinsCreed_Game.exe while offline, it started up with no problem.

I also went into the Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Assassin's Creed 1\Videos folder and renamed all the video files (just by adding .bak to the filename). This forces the game to jump right over the initial animations and cutscenes and go straight to the menu.

So, to recap: try taking your computer offline to play, or blocking AC1 game files in the firewall. Then, for faster startup, try renaming the vid files for the cutscenes.

I'll give it a shot later. Thanks.

BillyBankai
01-10-2017, 07:16 AM
only game i played so far was AC1 and it crash randomly about 10 min in same here humble bundle thing. i cannot try offline yet but .. ill

BeNoPz
01-10-2017, 10:51 AM
I also have issues with AC1. What it seems like, at random, the game completely freezes my PC and I have to power off and restart. It happens after playing for a while. It seems to have worked fine to begin with but have gotten worse.
Never had a crash in the menus, only ingame while playing (or at "pause" menu ingame)

GTX960
i5 6600K
Asus Maximus Hero VIII
Win10 x64
16GB RAM

Running the DX9 or DX10 doesn't make any difference.

EDIT:
Seems like it works alot better if running Uplay in Offline mode. More testing needed to confirm though.

EDIT 2:
AssassinsCreed_Dx10.exe, version 1.0.2.1, tidsstämpel 0x48067113 Undantagskod: 0xc0000005
Felförskjutning: 0x0128aab5
Process-ID: 0x3494
Programmets starttid: 0x01d277bff0142055

Program stops working and closes. Guess I'll try the "fix" of running DX9 version. To be continued.

EDIT 3: DX9 seems to have stopped the application stops working issue.