PDA

View Full Version : New UPDATE - The KTM Rally Challenge!

Ubi-Negitron
01-04-2017, 05:10 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C1VtEY8WEAAR_gH.jpg:large

[EDIT] - The event starts by, 5th January 2017, at 11AM UTC/GMT!
[EDIT #2] - The leg 1 dates have been extended to 16th January, 2017. See all the new dates below!

This high-adrenaline update is sure to get your engines revving, riders!

We’re super-excited to introduce the spankin’ new KTM 450 Rally Bike for a global 4-week Rally!

With 44 different tracks including 8 absolutely new tracks to ride, two never-before seen outfits and a brand new bike skin, it’s time to grab your handlebars tight and get ready for the brand new patch 4.8.0!

Read on to discover the details of this update:

Presenting the KTM 450 rally bike:

https://i.imgsafe.org/d1dde1b6f4.png

We’re introducing an iconic new ride with this update - The KTM 450 Rally!

The KTM 450 Rally is a Tier-2 Legendary Bike with enviable performance in all aspects, made to dominate the racetrack.

Get on it and race now!

The Coach:

https://i.imgsafe.org/d1d258fa67.png

Meet the Coach - your mentor in the KTM Rally Challenge!
Equipped with plans, maps, and unflinching support for his team, he will give you weekly missions to guide you through the Rally!

Event format:

Finish the KTM Rally Missions - 4 legs. 4 weeks. 40 tracks!

Leg 1: In the Fertile Basins – (5th – 16th Jan 2017)
Leg 2: In the Cliffs – (16th – 23rd Jan 2017)
Leg 3: In the Urban Jungle – (23rd – 30th Jan 2017)
Leg 4: In the Frontier Swamps – (30th Jan 2017 – 6th Feb 2017)

All legs end at 10:59AM UTC/GMT start at 11AM UTC/GMT

- Each week (leg) has a roster of 10 tracks, with one brand new track per leg!
- Everyone gets the KTM Rally 450 with the same level of upgrades - to ride on all tracks in the Rally!
- Earn rewards each week based on your rank!

With every race, the players get a rank, and all the track ranks combine to create that Week's global Rally Rank.
- To all the new riders in the Frontier: The KTM Rally Challenge will become playable as soon as you hit level 9, so clear all checkpoints!

There will be a separate leaderboard for all tracks in the Rally!

Rewards:

All the dust and grime will be worth it – Don’t believe us?!

Check out the rewards for the Rally below –
• KTM 450 Rally Bike Blueprints!
• 2 new tracks per week / leg!

A new Track for 50 Million Riders!

We’ve reached 50 Million riders and to celebrate that milestone and thank all of you, we’re giving away a smashing new track called ‘Broken Skull’!
‘Broken Skull’ was named from hundreds of suggestions given by you, and was made after being inspired from that name!

What Else is New?

- A new Red-Bull themed KTM 450 Rally Bike Skin!
- The Desert Motocross outfit!
- The Red Bull Gear outfit - based on the Desert Wings Rally outfit!

Get ready to race, y’all!

RufusTheCat
01-04-2017, 07:01 PM
Kickass guys! Thanks!

DMac3221
01-04-2017, 07:12 PM
Sounds cool! I have a new baby girl due during this event. Hope the doc doesn't mind me collecting blueprints in the delivery room! Thanks RL and congrats on the 50 mil milestone!

Bonxy
01-05-2017, 12:03 AM
Im excited for this event. :D

Ubi-Negitron
01-05-2017, 06:39 AM
Cheers, RufusTheCat and Bonxy! I hope you're enjoying racing on 'Broken Skull' too! :)

Congratulations, DMac3221! I hope later on your daughter joins us in the Frontier too - go easy on the blueprints during this time though! All the very best! :)

GER-X-Stream
01-05-2017, 11:28 AM
Sounds good - looking forward!

Two remarks/questions:

1) After the update the leaderboard score increased on around 900.000 points without any new record of mine anywhere.
I compared with other drivers and recognized that it happend to few of them. WHY the points changed and will it happen to everyone after update?🤔

2) I have no access to the leaderboard of BROKEN SCULL. Only for Donkey the leaderboard is shown.
For normal and crazy bikes I can not score. Server overload? Same procedure as every new track? Just wait a while? 🤔

- OK - Awaiting your answer - Have to prepare myself for KTM450 races now🤠
🏁🏍💨

xitooner
01-05-2017, 05:18 PM
Ubi-Negatron... can you tell us how many pieces there are to collect for the "Lost Descent" map in Rally week #1?

I can see that I might get 4 from my ranking at end of week... but others are showing up on the Loot Wheel and I dont have any idea how many to try and get. . . .

xUBILYNXrLIARSx
01-05-2017, 05:19 PM
new times are not being counted

or so i think, since i'm doing new records but don't get the "spinning times list" with the % for that track and for the event

also i was 8% with 7 plats and 3 golds, now i have 9 plats and 1 gold (one was a 3+ seconds improvement) and am still at 8% as global score...

WonkyJon-TFG
01-05-2017, 05:37 PM

or so i think, since i'm doing new records but don't get the "spinning times list" with the % for that track and for the event

also i was 8% with 7 plats and 3 golds, now i have 9 plats and 1 gold (one was a 3+ seconds improvement) and am still at 8% as global score...

I just popped on here to ask a very similar question - I have just knocked 0.5 seconds off my time on logging camp but I'm still showing as 'top 13%' - no change at all. I'm also showing as ranked number 1 (not a chance! lol) and that there are only 45 players on the leaderboard...

Also, while I'm here, is there anyway to see only the KTM450 leaderboards per track?

airijo
01-05-2017, 06:35 PM
I just updated the game but can't find the track or how to start the challenge...

Thanx guys :)

TheSPGamer
01-05-2017, 08:50 PM
Could someone be so nice to tell me and everybody else where all of the courses that take part in the rally are to be seen in the map? I can't see where Fertile Basins is! Thanks :D

DMac3221
01-05-2017, 09:35 PM
The reference to Fertile Basins is just a general area name. The individual tracks are in the KTM tab at the top of the map page. So far that's the only way I've found to access them. Nine are tracks we've already raced along with one new one called The Assumption.

bunnyhop90-
01-05-2017, 11:42 PM
Ubi-Negatron... can you tell us how many pieces there are to collect for the "Lost Descent" map in Rally week #1?

I can see that I might get 4 from my ranking at end of week... but others are showing up on the Loot Wheel and I dont have any idea how many to try and get. . . .

Lost descent - 10/10 pieces

canito660
01-06-2017, 12:10 AM
hola quiero hacer el rally KTM pero no se ni adonde inscribirme, alguien me puede ayudar ,por favor

CaptainWeelie
01-06-2017, 08:02 AM
Sounds good - looking forward!

Two remarks/questions:

1) After the update the leaderboard score increased on around 900.000 points without any new record of mine anywhere.
I compared with other drivers and recognized that it happend to few of them. WHY the points changed and will it happen to everyone after update?🤔

2) I have no access to the leaderboard of BROKEN SCULL. Only for Donkey the leaderboard is shown.
For normal and crazy bikes I can not score. Server overload? Same procedure as every new track? Just wait a while? 🤔

- OK - Awaiting your answer - Have to prepare myself for KTM450 races now🤠
🏁🏍💨

@GER-X-Stream - To answer both your questions -

1. The points shouldn't increase randomly. Seems like a bug there, let me check this and get back to you :)
2. You should be able to see the 'Broken Skull' leaderboard now, please confirm

Race well!

CaptainWeelie
01-06-2017, 08:04 AM

I just popped on here to ask a very similar question - I have just knocked 0.5 seconds off my time on logging camp but I'm still showing as 'top 13%' - no change at all. I'm also showing as ranked number 1 (not a chance! lol) and that there are only 45 players on the leaderboard...

Also, while I'm here, is there anyway to see only the KTM450 leaderboards per track?

@PT-ChatKiller & WonkyJon - There was an issue with the leaderboards yesterday but it has now been resolved. Could you please confirm if you can see the LBs correctly?

@WonkyJon - You can view the KTM450 leaderboard by:

1) Clicking the Leaderboard button at the bottom of the reward wheel (The one you get after completing the track) to view the LB of that particular track

or

2) By swiping left, the right arrow button (Situated on the world map) and clicking the KTM icon at the bottom left corner of the screen (For Overall Global Leaderboard).

Hope this was helpful!

Have fun riding!

Ubi-Negitron
01-06-2017, 08:24 AM

Hi xitooner, 'Lost Descent' has 10 track pieces. You would get 4 track pieces as rewards if you manage to stay in the top 10% of the leg 1 leaderboard at the end of week 1. You could get the remaining 6 track pieces in the loot wheel. I hope you manage collecting all the pieces!

Ubi-Negitron
01-06-2017, 08:26 AM
hola quiero hacer el rally KTM pero no se ni adonde inscribirme, alguien me puede ayudar ,por favor

canito660 - what level are you on, in the game?

Ubi-Negitron
01-06-2017, 08:28 AM
Could someone be so nice to tell me and everybody else where all of the courses that take part in the rally are to be seen in the map? I can't see where Fertile Basins is! Thanks :D

I just updated the game but can't find the track or how to start the challenge...

Thanx guys

Hi TheSPGamer - Tap the KTM logo button on the bottom left corner of the village menu-screen. I hope that helped!
You could also pull out the menu from top when you're viewing the map.
This leads me to ask, what level are you on? :)

sanymas
01-06-2017, 08:33 AM
Nice fresh event,and loved the bike too,
And the bugs are fresh too,temprory screen freezing,a few people getting the bike after receiving a pop-up msg that the event is over and some not too lucky getting an event over pop-up and you didn't win.it has become a little scary to even open the app,you never know which of the bug will bite you and when.
Still a good event,

xUBILYNXrLIARSx
01-06-2017, 02:26 PM
@PT-ChatKiller & WonkyJon - There was an issue with the leaderboards yesterday but it has now been resolved. Could you please confirm if you can see the LBs correctly?

@WonkyJon - You can view the KTM450 leaderboard by:

1) Clicking the Leaderboard button at the bottom of the reward wheel (The one you get after completing the track) to view the LB of that particular track

or

2) By swiping left, the right arrow button (Situated on the world map) and clicking the KTM icon at the bottom left corner of the screen (For Overall Global Leaderboard).

Hope this was helpful!

Have fun riding!

sorry, but i can't confirm anything because everytime i try do do something (and sometimes even not doing anything) the game freezes and then the app crash exits :(

xUBILYNXrLIARSx
01-06-2017, 04:51 PM
was finally able to do something in the game, but can't confirm anything event related anyway because i have no way to check event info anymore :eek:

don't have the bottom left icon in the village home screen neither the ktm button on the top center of the map that used to bring down the event tracks % screen

apparently no more event available for me, but contrarily to other players i didn't reinstall or anything else and neither got an "event finished" screen, the event just disappeared PUFF :nonchalance:

TreSover
01-06-2017, 06:13 PM
Times are still not updating if you improve on your previous time. When I click the 'leaderboard' button at the bottom of the loot wheel it shows me as riding the KTM 500-EXC and the times depicted there are not coinciding with the actual time I've set on the course.

WonkyJon-TFG
01-06-2017, 06:24 PM
Seems the leaderboards are causing the dev some headaches! I'm seeing a few discrepancies here.
On the leaderboards, the friends view shows me as placing 4079th, on the global leaderboard view I'm showing as 4981st.

Either way, my times aren't great as I suck at trials, but it'd be nice to know which (if either) of the numbers is accurate :)

Edit: just checked a track specific leader board after the race and loot wheel. Thanks for the tip!
It shows me at 3737/41755 (8.2%) so I presume the percentages shown round up? Would make sense I guess...

davestaco
01-06-2017, 11:31 PM
The new ktm rally event gave me rewards as if it had ended then was gone. I thought just the first leg of the event was supposed go untill the 12th.

airijo
01-07-2017, 12:25 AM
Hi TheSPGamer - Tap the KTM logo button on the bottom left corner of the village menu-screen. I hope that helped!
You could also pull out the menu from top when you're viewing the map.
This leads me to ask, what level are you on? :)

Thanx! I'm on level 47. All cool, it took a few minutes to get the window popping up with the challenge message and the sliding one. I guess I was to excited and forgot to be patient. Now busy trying to stay on 5% 🤘😜

sbs_FrostLord
01-07-2017, 12:39 PM
So i updated TF today since i wasn't home and no notifications about he KTM event, no one in the salon and nothing else in the map. So anyone knows how to 'ACTIVATE' the KTM event.

timeluster
01-07-2017, 03:35 PM
So i updated TF today since i wasn't home and no notifications about he KTM event, no one in the salon and nothing else in the map. So anyone knows how to 'ACTIVATE' the KTM event.
Me too. Although I did see the notification in the mail items. I don't see a solution this problem yet. For me I don't see new leader board buttons, nothing on the village screen or in the saloon.
I have updated the game and restarted a few times. This event sound great too so it is sad to be missing it.
I play on android with rider level 45.

EDIT: The problem was fixed by completely reinstalling the game.

whadow
01-07-2017, 07:01 PM
No se a donde debo de huir para empezar a partisipar

GER-GR-Kolli
01-07-2017, 08:46 PM
Greetings fellow TF developers and riders,

I have noticed something that I deem unpleasant regarding the KTM-Event. On some of the maps I have made extremely good times like on the map Savage Treatment, where I am currently ranked 9th on the regular leaderboards http://tf.lforo.com/ios/track/92 , but I have only been able to achieve top 30% in the KTM-Event. On the other hand I have achieved top 1% on some maps in the KTM-Event, on which I never play and have a very poor ranking in the regular leaderboards. In addition to that, although I initial made curtain records on some maps in the KTM-Event and did not play on these maps afterwards, the percentage ranking next to the name of the map went up on its own instead of decreasing as the time went by. The above and the fact that i can't look up the Leaderboards of the KTM-Event the way it was possible during the Midnight Circuit event leads me to curtain conclusions. I have been wondering about the above and would like to receive feedback on the topic.

I love the new tracks! Keep the updates coming! :cool::cool:

RetiredBrush9
01-08-2017, 09:01 AM
This happened to me a few days ago and I know it also happened to a few others. Two days ago I was in the 3% in the leader boards, as we all know it's still the first leg. But for some reason the KTM challenge ended for me. Not just the first leg the WHOLE challenge. I also received one piece of the KTM Rally. This is really weird since the first leg hasn't ended yet and now I can't race! Any help? I tried uninstalling my game but it didn't work. I really hope this bug gets fixed :)

sbs_FrostLord
01-08-2017, 01:48 PM
The problem was fixed by completely reinstalling the game.

Well the problem did get solved for some time but now the KTM event has ended for me, got a message saying the KTM event has ended as soon as i entered TF today.

ricocpa1
01-08-2017, 07:50 PM
Well the problem did get solved for some time but now the KTM event has ended for me, got a message saying the KTM event has ended as soon as i entered TF today.

Same thing happened to me. I haven't been able to access the KTM challenge at all. Very frustrating.

godlesplay
01-08-2017, 08:09 PM
anyone have idea why I can't launch this game? it just force close after loading (100%), it happened after updating to the newest version, I have s3 lte with 4.4.4 android, maybe this is a culprit?

RetiredBrush9
01-09-2017, 01:30 AM
Same thing happened to me. I haven't been able to access the KTM challenge at all. Very frustrating. I hope they extend the event for this reason.. this blows :( I was really looking forward to this.

RetiredBrush9
01-09-2017, 01:31 AM
anyone have idea why I can't launch this game? it just force close after loading (100%), it happened after updating to the newest version, I have s3 lte with 4.4.4 android, maybe this is a culprit? Im on IOS but try reinstalling it

ricocpa1
01-09-2017, 03:47 AM
Im on IOS but try reinstalling it

I'm on iOS too and reinstalled twice. No luck.

Ubi-Negitron
01-09-2017, 07:18 AM
Hi riders, it's awesome to read that you guys are enjoying racing the new KTM450 Rally in the event!

There are, however, a few bugs that need to be fixed - the one bug affecting the leaderboard scores has been fixed, so you should now be seeing proper leaderboard scores in the event after one restart. A bigger problem is that the event seems to have ended for some of you - this is an issue we're resolving right now and we're releasing a fix for it in the next two days.

Also, since the first leg was ending a little too early for a lot of us due to the bugs, we've extended the date for leg 1!

Here are all the new dates for all 4 legs in the KTM Rally Challenge -

Leg 1: 5th January, 2017 -16th January, 2017
Leg 2: 16th January, 2017 - 23rd January, 2017
Leg 3: 23rd January, 2017 - 30th January, 2017
Leg 4: 30th January, 2017 - 6th February, 2017

Do let us know if there are any other concerns regarding the event.

godlesplay
01-09-2017, 11:22 AM
Im on IOS but try reinstalling it

I did it 2-3 times with clearing data and cache without luck...

a.iFsken
01-09-2017, 01:58 PM
There are still some problems with the leaderboard for the KTM. At least for me. When looking at the scoreboard for a certain track it will show times totally unreasonable, probably from another track. For instance "The tanktops" I am top 58% with a time under 33 secs, while the scores I can see above me are around 22 secs. This happens also on some other maps. I am however top 2% in the total score. Which corresponds better to the scores I have on maps where the bug does not occur.

xUBILYNXrLIARSx
01-09-2017, 02:07 PM
Hi riders, it's awesome to read that you guys are enjoying racing the new KTM450 Rally in the event!

There are, however, a few bugs that need to be fixed - the one bug affecting the leaderboard scores has been fixed, so you should now be seeing proper leaderboard scores in the event after one restart. A bigger problem is that the event seems to have ended for some of you - this is an issue we're resolving right now and we're releasing a fix for it in the next two days.

Also, since the first leg was ending a little too early for a lot of us due to the bugs, we've extended the date for leg 1!

WELL DONE!

most sensible decision in a looooooooooooooooooooong while! i applaud it! really! :o

NeetjeNL
01-10-2017, 02:36 AM
The top 2 riders on IOS seem to have extreme scores (birthofmassacre - 10,890,840 & Koen - 10,715,013). Also their names don't ring any bells. Third placed well known rider FR-GreGory has 8,557,247 points and all who follow are also in the 8,5/8,4 mil range. Would the top 2 scores be legit?

Regards,
NeetjeNL

GER-X-Stream
01-10-2017, 10:40 AM
For sure both are cheaters!
Never meet them anywhere before! 🤔

I deeply expect that RedLynx will sort them out.
Same happend in the first KTM event. They try to get the bike.

Save the game 🤠
🏁🏍💨

potamochere
01-10-2017, 02:44 PM
same for me , after 2 runs, the event was ended. iam bad. i received 1 part of ktm. the most of bad , we don't play with the others.

CagBall
01-10-2017, 04:16 PM
**ANOTHER DODGY UPDATE POST***

Since the latest update I've lost all previously earned blueprints (and the 150-200 gems I forked out on respins to get the track pieces). Grr - I'd like these back please!

To make matters much, much worse, I am no longer earning points in the event. I just got 3rd on the assumption by knocking off 3 seconds in total (2.5s, 0.3s, 0.1s) and received no points at all. None at all!!!!!

Please fix and reimburse me.

mig3s
01-10-2017, 08:56 PM
I was lucky enough to be able to run the event without glitches until todays update. After applying the update I am not earning points in the event. Another glitch is related to lost descent track. Having earned all the pieces of map via grinding and using gems on respins, I noticed that after the update pieces started to show up again and I have to collect the pieces again even though track was previously discovered.

NeetjeNL
01-10-2017, 09:44 PM
For sure both are cheaters!
Never meet them anywhere before! 🤔

I deeply expect that RedLynx will sort them out.
Same happend in the first KTM event. They try to get the bike.

Save the game 🤠
🏁🏍💨

Nice :( another cheater took over nr 2 position. So lame. I'm no exceptional rider, but made 1%. With a little effort those who have cheater skills should be able to achieve top 5% fair and square and get the full bike after the event. Sigh.

Regards,
NeetjeNL

acehc2015
01-10-2017, 10:44 PM
The event is still broken.
I was able to participate again after todays update and started in the top 6% thanks to the few tries I was able to get in before the event broke for the first time.
After improving significantly on almost every single one of the 10 tracks, my global position remained unchanged.

JamesBlackout
01-10-2017, 11:06 PM

I've been able to play the rally. I've heard others that have updated to today's update have lost the new track and their rank. Should I pass on the update? Will I still get the rewards for my current rank at the end of the leg without the update? (I also received a stopover early on but have still been able to play/gain new scores since)

davestaco
01-11-2017, 04:13 AM
After updating today the event has returned, however, I too seem to have lost the 9 of 10 map pieces for Lost Descent that took me 150+ gems in respins to earn.

NO-bwestlie
01-11-2017, 03:26 PM
Same thing happens to me, like several others in this thread. After the update, I lost not only map pieces, but the entire map. I already had it on my world map, now nothing. I am also not getting points for new PBs.

gaherbener
01-11-2017, 04:47 PM
Do let us know if there are any other concerns regarding the event.[/QUOTE]

I have a concern i would like you to address. It is not my fault that the game glitched and gave me the ktm 450 early. So I find it slightly annoying that i get screwed out of all the coins and gems i spent on upgrading my new bike when you finally fixed your mistake. Not to mention the gems spent to get the track pieces that i no longer have. I understand leveling the playing field but don't screw us over for accidentally stumbling into one of your loopholes.

OxfordTP
01-11-2017, 07:34 PM

I have a concern i would like you to address. It is not my fault that the game glitched and gave me the ktm 450 early. So I find it slightly annoying that i get screwed out of all the coins and gems i spent on upgrading my new bike when you finally fixed your mistake. Not to mention the gems spent to get the track pieces that i no longer have. I understand leveling the playing field but don't screw us over for accidentally stumbling into one of your loopholes.[/QUOTE]

This x2

Yrorcyn
01-12-2017, 09:54 AM
I've only lost the map Pieces that I earned and I've spend a lot of gems to get them. At least we should be reimbursed for the gems we all spent.

Sardius77-TFG
01-12-2017, 05:18 PM
Is anyone NOT having issues with the latest update? As reported by many already, I'm experiencing:

1. No update to leaderboard scores when setting a PB (though thankfully the original PB times still exist when clicking the "leaderboard" button after completing a track)
2. Lost all track map pieces (plenty of gems spent to acquire)

I'm starting to think I should take screenshots of my track times in case it all goes to pot. Then again, chances are slim that such "proof" of times would yield any result with RL support. As for the lost map pieces and gems.....grrrrr

smelinor
01-12-2017, 05:52 PM
Same Sardius, as has been reported by others I have the following:

1. I lost 4 or 5 map pieces for Lost Descent. The event never ended for me, it just got extended. These map pieces were awarded through the loot wheel NOT by my leaderboard position and I spent 50-100 gems getting them. Please reimburse the map pieces or the gems I used getting them.

2. Whenever I do a KTM track in the challenge it says I have a new record even if I am seconds behind my time before the upgrade. This makes it really difficult to improve my score. Please confirm that my original times and ranks will be preserved when this first weekly event finally ends as I am (currently) within the top 5%.

airijo
01-12-2017, 05:54 PM
Is anyone NOT having issues with the latest update? As reported by many already, I'm experiencing:

1. No update to leaderboard scores when setting a PB (though thankfully the original PB times still exist when clicking the "leaderboard" button after completing a track)
2. Lost all track map pieces (plenty of gems spent to acquire)

I'm starting to think I should take screenshots of my track times in case it all goes to pot. Then again, chances are slim that such "proof" of times would yield any result with RL support. As for the lost map pieces and gems.....grrrrr

I had exactly the same problem.... no updates and no tracks...

JamesBlackout
01-13-2017, 12:44 AM
I'm having the exact same problem as everyone else after the "forced" update. Although it seems that the map pieces have stopped appearing in the lootwheel as well. I've played the rally tracks more than enough times to have them appear. I don't understand how this is a "fix" when it's far more broken now.

shfing
01-13-2017, 02:06 AM
I have a concern i would like you to address. It is not my fault that the game glitched and gave me the ktm 450 early. So I find it slightly annoying that i get screwed out of all the coins and gems i spent on upgrading my new bike when you finally fixed your mistake. Not to mention the gems spent to get the track pieces that i no longer have. I understand leveling the playing field but don't screw us over for accidentally stumbling into one of your loopholes.

Same here. I lost:

KTM 450.
100's of gems on upgrades.
Couple of million coins on upgrades.
Thousands of bunker coins spent on gems.
Money spent on gems.
Map parts.
Dozens of gems used on wheel repsins for map parts.
KTM Blue prints.

And the game still is super buggy:

Can't update times on KTM rally tracks.
Have to reconnect/login frequently.
Controls stop working after a few minutes and require an app restart.
Bunker is rarely available for connection and often fails in various ways (tested on multiple networks).
Random crashing.

I can only imagine it being one of two things. RL have failed to maintain clean source code and are struggling with a massive tar ball of edits and updates, or, Ubi/RL aren't providing appropriate resources for development and testing. Either way, there should be a bunch of people particularly embarrassed at their ineptitude when it comes to software development and release management. This, and the general lack of communication/transparency, all serves to further damage the reputation of Ubi amongst their demographic. Sort it out.

In any case Ubi, you have my details in the support request, now give me my stuff back.

xUBILYNXrLIARSx
01-13-2017, 01:46 PM
i had that same problem as well, but i think it is somehow starting to unfold

in the last 2 or 3 days i was stuck at 11% no matter how much i improved my times (real improvements, not the "whatever time i do it says new record" improvements)

but now i checked again and i'm at 6%, maybe they were finally able to unfreeze the leaderboards

some people will be happy, as their effort will pay off and the new times will count, some people will be angry because they thought they were at whatever low percentage they were before the freeze, when few people had played, and now suddenly they aren't 3% anymore, but 14% or so

only way to be safe is keep playing!

Sardius77-TFG
01-13-2017, 02:22 PM
Same here. I lost:

KTM 450.
100's of gems on upgrades.
Couple of million coins on upgrades.
Thousands of bunker coins spent on gems.
Money spent on gems.
Map parts.
Dozens of gems used on wheel repsins for map parts.
KTM Blue prints.

That's terrible. Let us know if RL does anything for you. As for the bugs, I'm being patient for now.
Are you iOS or Android? I'm on iOS, no control issues but the other problems you mention are frequent.

Sardius77-TFG
01-13-2017, 02:42 PM
It seems that KTM leaderboard points are moving again. I suspect that my points still aren't correct because despite some big gains (200 to 500 ms on at least 3 courses) there were only a few thousand points and a couple of leaderboard slots awarded. I've spent another 50-80 gems to reclaim the lost map pieces.

I'm tempted to manually recalculate my points to confirm my suspicions using this method:
Trials Frontier Scoring Explained (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1441314-Trials-Frontier-Scoring-Explained-Forums)

In other news, has anyone noticed that the saloon is now spitting out endless gems (with endless ads)? I was only getting one or two a day until the latest update. Time to get me some challenge packs and stuff. If anyone knows how I can grab a KTM 500-EXC it would be much appreciated (I'm a relatively new player and totally missed that event)

CagBall
01-13-2017, 02:47 PM
Points are not fixed for me. I'm also now having to login every time I open the game!

Sardius77-TFG
01-13-2017, 06:21 PM
The numbers are in, and it looks like KTM LB points are only being calculated on post-update personal bests.
There's a difference of over 35k points between my in-game score and the score I would expect to have using my real PBs.

That works out to about 100 leaderboard positions. Does it matter? Not really in my case but for those who are on the 5% bubble it could really suck.

Supposedly RL is going to do something today about the lost track pieces mess. It'll be interesting to see if they fix the LBs in the process...

*EDIT*
I picked off new PBs on all the KTM Rally courses (beating my pre-update times). I'm happy to report that this forced correct score calculations...but I really had to work like a dog for it. As an added bonus I was one slot ahead of KarTank on the LBs this morning! A bit meaningless given the LB problems but it still made my day!

NO-bwestlie
01-13-2017, 07:20 PM
I have improved very recently, and I still did not get any points. I'm on Android.

shfing
01-14-2017, 06:31 AM
Thank you for contacting us. As you may be aware we released an update that corrected the issue you had with the KTM event.

This update removed rewards that you and other players received prematurely.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused, but be assured that any gems used to upgrade the KTM bike have not gone to waste and the purchased upgrades will be available for the KTM bike when this is earned during the natural progression of the event.

Thank you for your patience and understanding

I still don't have the map pieces or the gems used for extra spins getting them but at least I get to keep my bike upgrades apparently. I am sure they will try to bleed more gems out of me in order to get the bike, assuming that the game works for long enough to get that far.

CagBall
01-14-2017, 09:49 AM
^^^
I got sent the exact same response (from Barbara?). I asked her what she is getting paid for as she is no different from an "out of office/automatic reply" message.

smelinor
01-16-2017, 12:14 PM
^^^
I also got the same response from Barbara! she has been busy copying and pasting. I explained that the event never actually ended for me and it was pieces from the loot wheel not leaderboard and never heard anything more...

joel-e-osis
01-16-2017, 05:07 PM
Not really in my case but for those who are on the 5% bubble it could really suck.

I was stuck at 6% despite huge gains and even getting into 2% range in several tracks. I'm continually amazed at how these special events become frustrating events do to the failures in the game functioning properly. So much for getting the new bike without paying for it.

Jaapi1
01-16-2017, 08:59 PM
The whole KTM-event disappeared from my game about halfway in on leg 1 and i haven't been able to participate since. Now leg 2 has started and there's still no sign of the event.
Shouldn't this be fixed before moving to next leg?

Schwantie
01-17-2017, 12:21 PM
Hello community,

I've read through most of the posts and the latest replies of KTM members state that the leaderboards are fixed.
It's not, at least not for everyone. I'm still top 24% while I should be around 5%. Others have the same issue.

I'm not making a drama that it won't appear correctly, I can still improve each track and I get the result of each individual track.
But will there be a recalculation of the global leaderboards when it ends based on the individual track results, or how do you guys plan to fix the global hiscores?
It would only be fair that everyone who pushes themselves to the top get the right spot before the leg ends.

Kind regards,
Schwantie

Sardius77-TFG
01-17-2017, 09:38 PM
I've read through most of the posts and the latest replies of KTM members state that the leaderboards are fixed.
It's not, at least not for everyone. I'm still top 24% while I should be around 5%. Others have the same issue.

Are you iOS or Android? I'm on iOS, so far the percentages seem reasonable (but I haven't done any detailed checks yet...perhaps later tonight)

Where are you seeing 24%? Is it on the KTM badge on the pull-down menu (just to the left of the Leg 2 countdown timer)? Or are you calculating based on the global leaderboard rankings?

If you haven't already, it's probably worthwhile to calculate how many points you *should* have (based on individual track times) and compare against the global leaderboard. That might provide some hints about where the error originated.

Schwantie
01-18-2017, 09:14 AM
Are you iOS or Android? I'm on iOS, so far the percentages seem reasonable (but I haven't done any detailed checks yet...perhaps later tonight)

Where are you seeing 24%? Is it on the KTM badge on the pull-down menu (just to the left of the Leg 2 countdown timer)? Or are you calculating based on the global leaderboard rankings?

If you haven't already, it's probably worthwhile to calculate how many points you *should* have (based on individual track times) and compare against the global leaderboard. That might provide some hints about where the error originated.

Hello Sardius,

I'm on iOS and on the KTM badge on the pull-down menu it shows "Top 25%" today. And when I scroll through the maps, I'm above top 10% in every map, most even top 5%.
I know how to calculate my global position and I want to get a reply of someone who can tell me what they will do about this issue. Since it's clearly not correct.

Next, I read a post with a link to the online leaderboard and this tells me I'm around 6%, but I have no idea how accurate this website is (check below):
http://trials.bonxy.net/event/16&platform=ios&show=20000

So please stick to the question. Will the global leaderboard be updated before the rewards are given? Or what will be done if this bug isn't fixed before the leg ends and people lose their rewards.

Kind regards,
Schwantie

Sardius77-TFG
01-18-2017, 03:12 PM
I'm on iOS and on the KTM badge on the pull-down menu it shows "Top 25%" today. And when I scroll through the maps, I'm above top 10% in every map, most even top 5%.
I know how to calculate my global position and I want to get a reply of someone who can tell me what they will do about this issue. Since it's clearly not correct.

I was just asking if the "Top 25%" on the KTM badge matches your position on the global leaderboard or if it's just the badge that's incorrect.
Your in-app KTM global leaderboard position this morning is 1186 / 46571 (2.54% => KTM badge should say "Top 3%"). So it could just be a badge display problem.

You likely already know this but just in case: the "global leaderboard" I refer to is found on the main map screen. Click the KTM icon in the lower right corner and swipe left.

So please stick to the question. Will the global leaderboard be updated before the rewards are given? Or what will be done if this bug isn't fixed before the leg ends and people lose their rewards.

I don't have those answers, as I'm not a Trials dev. My questions to you were simply to narrow the scope of the issue so that I (and perhaps others) could check for the same behaviour. It also helps the devs if we can be specific about a problem.

Next, I read a post with a link to the online leaderboard and this tells me I'm around 6%, but I have no idea how accurate this website is (check below):
http://trials.bonxy.net/event/16&platform=ios&show=20000

Bonxy is good but doesn't update in real-time, so results can be out-of-date. I believe it also independently calculates point totals, there are usually slight differences between it and the Trials app. YMMV.

Cheers!

nebelnebel
01-18-2017, 06:40 PM
The whole KTM-event disappeared from my game about halfway in on leg 1 and i haven't been able to participate since. Now leg 2 has started and there's still no sign of the event.
Shouldn't this be fixed before moving to next leg?

Same here. Any change?

xUBILYNXrLIARSx
01-19-2017, 07:37 PM
do you have the latest update from play/app store?

it got out mid leg 1 and brought back the event for everyone (or maybe not, in case you have it)

worked for me at the time and is still working

Bonxy
01-19-2017, 11:32 PM
Bonxy is good but doesn't update in real-time, so results can be out-of-date. I believe it also independently calculates point totals, there are usually slight differences between it and the Trials app. YMMV.

Hey,

The site doesnt calculate anything, it shows it exactly how it is in the game.

The event page updates every 15 minutes. You should be able to see a "Last Updated: {time}" in the top right of the screen.

Cheers.

Sardius77-TFG
01-20-2017, 03:55 PM
Hey,

The site doesnt calculate anything, it shows it exactly how it is in the game.

The event page updates every 15 minutes. You should be able to see a "Last Updated: {time}" in the top right of the screen.

Cheers.

Hmm, this is getting waaaaay off topic, maybe a new thread required? But a couple of observations anyway:

I see the last updated time, it appears to be on Alaska Standard Time? If so, I'm 5.5 hours ahead of you. Greetings from the other extreme end of the continent! :D
Points are slightly different in-game and on the webpage (seriously, often a 1 point difference...perhaps just a rounding issue?)
My times seem correct, but in-game rankings (from about 2 hours ago) are consistently worse than the current site numbers. A bunch of people have beaten my PR, this seems to be captured in-game but not on the site for some reason.

BTW, this is in no way bashing the site. I appreciate all the work you've put in, it's a great resource for the community!

Bonxy
01-20-2017, 11:42 PM
Hey,