PDA

View Full Version : The movie needs better writers?

joshoolhorst
01-04-2017, 01:32 PM
Do you think they need better writers because the thing that saved the characters for me was the acting and I just like a few of them but Callum that God Michael did him because he seems like a *******. I don't hate them I don't really like them beside Aguilar, Sophie and maybe two more but what do you guys think?

SixKeys
01-04-2017, 04:25 PM
Personally I was surprised at the quality, considering these were the same writers behind Exodus: Gods & Kings. I was expecting a lot worse. The characters were flat, but TBH I never expected anything else from an action movie like this. In the games fleshing out the characters is much more important because we typically spend upwards of 20 hours with them. In a 2-hour movie you usually have to compromise one for the other: choose good characterization or entertaining action. There's a reason why Marvel introduced each of the Avengers in their own movies before throwing them all together. The Avengers movies could focus on fun dialogues and non-stop action because everyone already knew who these characters were. AC movie has to introduce the entire universe in one go.

joshoolhorst
01-04-2017, 07:00 PM
Personally I was surprised at the quality, considering these were the same writers behind Exodus: Gods & Kings. I was expecting a lot worse. The characters were flat, but TBH I never expected anything else from an action movie like this. In the games fleshing out the characters is much more important because we typically spend upwards of 20 hours with them. In a 2-hour movie you usually have to compromise one for the other: choose good characterization or entertaining action. There's a reason why Marvel introduced each of the Avengers in their own movies before throwing them all together. The Avengers movies could focus on fun dialogues and non-stop action because everyone already knew who these characters were. AC movie has to introduce the entire universe in one go.

Yeah maybe they should've done that in the AC movie. Each movie will follow one person and than this big AC movie comes where all ancesots fight together and the Modern Day characters to but that would be a lot to do.
Is the writing in Exodus that bad?