PDA

View Full Version : Disabling the need for third party cookies

ajt_894
01-02-2017, 06:33 PM
If you try to login into Ubisoft Club/Uplay via your internet browser you must have third party cookies enabled in your browser settings. I have third party cookies disabled because I think they're an invasion of privacy because they can be used to track your internet visits. I very rarely come across websites that require third party cookies for me to login to an account. Is it possible to change this and are they strictly necessary for me to login to Ubisoft Club? If they are strictly necessary could you at least give some notification because if you login with them disabled it gives you a generic "Login Error". I have seen a number of people complain about this issue and they are unaware how to fix it. Maybe something in the FAQs would help.

Brandon23z
01-03-2017, 02:56 AM
Can confirm. This happened when I tried to redeem an Nvidia code with Ubisoft. It would tell me to link my account but it would not work because there was an "Error".

If they simply stated that there was an issue placing a third party cookie, I could have fixed it in a second. It's such a stupid issue considering the times. It's 2017. We have self driving cars. But we can't get an error message when placing cookies? Jesus Christ. It took me like 2 hours to figure out why I couldn't redeem since everyone else was online.

dracolucis
08-24-2018, 05:37 PM
This is still an issue in 2018. I'm not even sure if Ubisoft's approach conforms to the new EU privacy laws.

This really needs to be fixed. Relying on third party cookies on your very own website, esp. for orders, is unprofessional, possibly illegal (see above)... and in general, in bad taste.