PDA

View Full Version : Why isn't the Ezio Collection out for PC?

AcidBurnRug
01-01-2017, 11:06 PM
Yes I know that you can already play the original PC ports of assassin's creed two, brotherhood and revelations. That being said, the Ezio Collection brings lighting, shading and other graphical improvements to the games that would really shine on PC. I would happily shell out more money to buy these games again should you release the collection for PC. I have sunken countless hundreds of hours into these games and only want to play the improved versions of them. I know I am not the only one who would happily pay to get these graphical improvements as well. Thus, this would make financial sense and help as the community/PR as both parties would benefit. In my opinion the only thing that needs to be fixed about the collection is the draw distance in all the games which should be a simple fix. Please hear me out and re-release these games for PC with the aforementioned improvements. Charge the price of three games if you would like I don't care I just really want to play these games with the improvements that the PC platform currently lacks.

strigoi1958
01-02-2017, 02:39 AM
I think the Ezio collection was upgraded so it could be played on the Xbox 1 and xbox 1 s... the originals still play on pc and have just been given a huge discount in the Ubi-store. I think if Ubisoft had remastered them before putting them in the sale it would have been ok, but now a lot of people have just bought them, they might be upset if a newer version was released after they had spent money.

Others have asked in the past for a remastered collection so who knows, it is possible, but I think now is not the right time but... next christmas release would be good :)

AcidBurnRug
01-02-2017, 03:29 AM
I think the discount is a non-issue given the fact that these games have been out for quite some time now. It's a shame that Ubisoft hasn't released the collection for PC because I am sure that there are a lot of people myself included who would be willing to pay $60 or more for this collection and the improvements it brings. My only issue with the collection other than it not being on PC is the fact that they neglected to fix the draw distance by increasing it. Even if only 100,000 people end up paying $60 for it ($60 x 200,000 = $12,000,000) They could easily sell 200,000+ copies of this collection and the cost of porting it would be minimal. Therefore, just by porting this collection they could theoretically make at least ten million dollars in revenue to boost their bottom line. For this reason, I am dumbfounded as to why they would not port it to PC. If you are listening Ubisoft, please take me and the many other peoples money who want this collection on PC.

strigoi1958
01-02-2017, 05:16 PM
I think the discount is very relevant... would you be happy paying $50 for some games then a few months later see a new improved version released... it would make a lot of people angry. That's natural, they would say they wasted their money and would rather have waited for the new improved version.

I think there are other things to consider, companies don't have staff sitting around for months without something to do and you have to consider overheads and tax and stopping other projects to divert staff to this project etc... Especially with so much going on at the moment, with running projects like, Steep, R6 Siege, For Honor, Ghost Recon Wildlands, Watch dogs 2, The Crew CAU, The Division, just dance etc... I think this is something that Ubisoft will consider when the time is right.

Personally, I do not considered draw distance needs to be "fixed" as that implies there was something wrong with it perhaps you should have said increased. The games were made with that draw distance and sold with that draw distance so were released as they were intended, It worked for me, I'm quite a focused gamer and only interested in playing rather than scenery or backgrounds so I don't notice things not important to game play.

I think the reason the Ezio collection was made was so they would run on the newest consoles (as they move to 4k gaming), so as long as the current games still run on PC's I don't think Ubisoft feels an urgent need for a new version. I am sure there are people who would like a remastered version being made but I am happy with my games as they are now.

It's hard to estimate a number of future sales... unless it is done with pledges, like startup games similar to Star Citizen where people pledge to buy into the game and then pay when pledges reach a set figure... I'm not sure existing game developers would consider this.

Have you thought about getting a petition with say just 5000 signatures all signing to say they would be willing to pay $50 each in advance to buy the Ezio collection for PC... it would carry more influence and it's hard to ignore a group all pledging to buy.

etnMathy
01-06-2017, 08:28 AM
Have you thought about getting a petition with say just 5000 signatures all signing to say they would be willing to pay $50 each in advance to buy the Ezio collection for PC... it would carry more influence and it's hard to ignore a group all pledging to buy.

Do that! You have my sign in advance :D!

strigoi1958
01-06-2017, 03:27 PM
I think you can create a free petition online at ipetition and you should post in forums like reddit and twitter instagram etc 200,000, 100,000 10,000 even 5,000 might be a little too much to try for initially but aim for 2,000 and it will show there is a market.

Jeff265
01-19-2018, 06:48 AM
I also want Ezio trilogy or collection. Some source said it only available pc ver in germany language. But i still want Ezio Auditory, this is how assassin's games work concept - assassinate many target. Not something like "sage story" and "The Observatory" things which makes ac series ruins everything. Even in assassin's creed movie 2016 also use Apple eden concept.

MnemonicSyntax
01-19-2018, 07:35 PM
I also want Ezio trilogy or collection. Some source said it only available pc ver in germany language. But i still want Ezio Auditory, this is how assassin's games work concept - assassinate many target. Not something like "sage story" and "The Observatory" things which makes ac series ruins everything. Even in assassin's creed movie 2016 also use Apple eden concept.

Apple has been in the games since the beginning.

As.for draw distance, isn't that a non-issue in Brotherhood when you use an SSD? I know with an SSD to can gallop on a horse in Brotherhood whereas with a mechanical drive.you can't gallop on a horse.

Jeff265
01-20-2018, 07:23 AM
Yes i still want original story and concept , leap of faith , hunting templar , finding armor special, apple of eden. Attack templar den, upgrading , have assassin's aid, wistle for horse,

Ssd or hhd and still you can gallop on a horse there is nothing diffrent, before old laptop using hdd and still can gallop on a horse

Jeff265
01-20-2018, 07:27 AM
I still want Desmond miles. Subject 16 and 17 , clay

MnemonicSyntax
01-21-2018, 08:34 AM
Yes i still want original story and concept , leap of faith , hunting templar , finding armor special, apple of eden. Attack templar den, upgrading , have assassin's aid, wistle for horse,

Ssd or hhd and still you can gallop on a horse there is nothing diffrent, before old laptop using hdd and still can gallop on a horse

In Brotherhood you cannot gallop on a horse while outside in Rome unless you have an SSD. This is due to the read speed of the SSD able to cause items to rez faster (draw distance.)

If you have a regular mechanical hard drive you cannot gallop. This is a fact.

I still want Desmond miles. Subject 16 and 17 , clay

Their stories are over.