PDA

View Full Version : Question about distribution platforms

iHunny
01-01-2017, 09:14 AM
I purchased the game on Origin. Will I be able to unlock the game on Steam or Uplay aswell? With the same game key that is.

SyntheticDuckie
01-01-2017, 07:13 PM
Nope.

iHunny
01-01-2017, 11:36 PM
Thats annoying. Had hoped I would be able to use the same key to unlock it on Steam.

SyntheticDuckie
01-01-2017, 11:39 PM
Thats annoying. Had hoped I would be able to use the same key to unlock it on Steam.

Is there a game or product that allows such a thing? Lol I've never heard of it.

waraidako
01-02-2017, 12:34 AM
Is there a game or product that allows such a thing? Lol I've never heard of it.

Origin and Steam are competitors, it'd be like buying a game on PSN and unlocking it on Xbox Live.

SyntheticDuckie
01-02-2017, 12:43 AM
Origin and Steam are competitors, it'd be like buying a game on PSN and unlocking it on Xbox Live.

You misunderstood.

I understand that it doesn't work that way, however, I was curious why iHunny thought that it would.

iHunny
01-02-2017, 03:58 AM
I just remember activating a key on Steam that I bought from another destribution. But it might have been Dawn of War cd-key's that worked that way and I am just confusing my self with games requiring Steam to work.

waraidako
01-02-2017, 12:44 PM
You misunderstood.

I understand that it doesn't work that way, however, I was curious why iHunny thought that it would.

No, you misunderstood. I was just agreeing with you. xD

Imagine a "Yeah," at the start of my post. That'd probably make it sound more as I intended.

SyntheticDuckie
01-03-2017, 01:00 AM
No, you misunderstood. I was just agreeing with you. xD

Imagine a "Yeah," at the start of my post. That'd probably make it sound more as I intended.

So then...I didn't actually misunderstand, you just accidentally failed to build on what i said. Lol. It's okay. I still love you for your previous post about the gender locked things. Shut him down hard <3