PDA

View Full Version : A.C.Rogue won't load, Please help

MyMeep_
12-31-2016, 08:00 PM
When I try to load the Assassins Creed: Rogue from steam all I see is a black screen, I still here the sound from the menu when I scroll over anything you can click on but I cant see anything, I don't know what to do so please help if you have a solution.

strigoi1958
01-01-2017, 08:07 AM
Hi, welcome to the forums and happy new year Mymeep_

There are a few different ways that I've seen to get your pc to stop putting a black screen in Rogue but they depend on a few things such as what graphics card you have AMD/ Nvidia? if you post your pc specs when asking questions on forums that will help us help you :)

The general ways to getting most games to run is
verify game files
find ACC.exe (AC Rogue game) and run it as administrator.
run Uplay as administrator.
Close Uplays overlay (in Uplay settings)
Close Steam overlay in Steam settings
install the latest graphics driver.

Now more specific...

Laptop.... If you have a laptop with nvidia graphics you have to open the nvidia control panel and in the manage 3D settings then program settings, find (or create) the Rogue profile (acc.exe) and set the preferred graphics to high performance nvidia processor.

windows 10 try compatibility mode

corrupt save may stop the game from loading .... go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\[ACCOUNT_ID]\895 and change the name of the folder 895 to 895a

then make sure to turn off "Cloud saves sync" in UPlay settings to prevent the cloud from restoring them.

There are a few AMD fixes but I'm not familiar with them.