PDA

View Full Version : What are min specs for il2fb im buying it soon...

superheat01
08-02-2004, 11:38 PM
Hi guys im wanting to get il2fb soon and was just wondering if my comp specs are good enough i have win98se 320mb ram ati graphics card n dont know what else....but if i have to completely gut my comp just to get it to run like LOCKON im not getting it...

superheat01
08-02-2004, 11:38 PM
Hi guys im wanting to get il2fb soon and was just wondering if my comp specs are good enough i have win98se 320mb ram ati graphics card n dont know what else....but if i have to completely gut my comp just to get it to run like LOCKON im not getting it...

LuftLuver
08-02-2004, 11:58 PM
I've got an older Athlon 1.3ghz with 512 RAM running on win98. Very decent vid card.

Does just fine in 10-plane quick missions and online servers up to 32 players.

Not good at all for offline play in missions with many a/c and ground objects. My first thought is your ram will limit you right off the bat. It's cheap, get some ram and get some Forgotten Battles. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/35.gif

β"Άβ"Άβ"Άβ"Άβ"Άβ"Άβ"Άβ"Άβ"Άβ"Άβ"Άβ"Άβ"Άβ"Άβ"Άβ"Άβ"Άβ"Άβ"Άβ"Άβ"Άβ"Άβ"Άβ"Άβ"Άβ"Άβ"Άβ"Άβ"Άβ"Άβ"Άβ"Άβ"Άβ"Άβ"Άβ"Άβ"Άβ"Άβ"Άβ"Άβ"Άβ"Άβ"Άβ"Ά
"All your bases are belong to us."

Dawg-of-death
08-03-2004, 12:09 AM
Dont beleave it but http://shop.ubi.com/Prod_ExtDesc.asp?catalogid=61&id=25

S~

Bad-MF(Mongrel Fighter) AKA .......Dawg-of-death

arcadeace
08-03-2004, 01:26 AM
I've seen FB go for $15, give it a try, just don't expect as much emersion with graphic realism.

BenvZijl
08-03-2004, 02:04 AM
if you live in the Netherlands

Forgotten Battles is here 6 euro(thats about 8 dollar)

Doug_Thompson
08-03-2004, 03:05 PM
Unlike many games, you can believe the minimum specs on the box for FB.

I appreciate that, having had some bad experiences with "minimum" specs in the past.

I have an old machine too: 1.3 Ghz AMD, GeF 4 with 64mb, 256 ram. Runs fine, although there is some sputtering when there's a lot of planes in the air and I do have to tone down the otherwise excellent graphics settings.

One thing about this game: It really is beautiful. I usually complain about the graphics tail wagging the gameplay dog, but this game impresses even me. Even toned down, it looks great.

You have more memory than I do, which will help.

http://www.model-news.com/projekt/335col/baerlog.jpg
Proud Charter Member of the Do-Do Birds Luftwhiners Chorus

horseback
08-03-2004, 03:28 PM
Forgotten Battles may tax your computer and video card's limits without giving you more than a slide show, and may ultimately frustrate the hell out of you.

I would suggest looking for, and buying the original Il-2 Sturmovik. It's dirt cheap, should run okay on your rig, and give you a taste of the Nirvana that awaits you once you get over your penny-pinching ways and spend hundreds of dollars, euros, dinars, yen (tens of thousands of those), rubles, cows, wives, or whatever to get a cpu over 1.5 GHz, and half Gig of RAM, and a mid-level gamer's video card (a decent sound card and speakers wouldn't be out of line either).

Then, of course, there will be the need for a good joystick, TrackIR2, pedals...Lord, how I wish I owned a computer store!

cheers

horseback

"Here's your new Mustangs, boys. You can learn to fly'em on the way to the target. Cheers!" -LTCOL Don Blakeslee, 4th FG CO, February 27th, 1944